Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What is extra-judicial murder and how is it normalized?

Who is normalizing storming of our capital and "murdering" of a capital police officer (who murdered him?).  

I think everyone here has spoken out against what happened on 1/06.  

You people just love to make ***** up don't you.  WFT?? 

@B-Man Has posted quite a few things downplaying it, while simultaneously frequently expressing his outrage at "liberal protests". He's not the only one. 

side note: I can't believe Pelosi actually said this *****. 🙄

Edited by Logic

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't know who needs to hear this, but it's not normal for police to commit extra-judicial murder. The fact that extra-judicial murder by police officers is so normalized is scarier than the fact that people sometimes destroy property in order to protest it.

I don't know who needs to hear this, but if you normalize, defend, and minimize the storming of our capitol and murdering of capitol police by right wing mobs in a seditionist effort to overthrow a free and fair election, but get angry and upset about Rite Aid's windows being smashed, you're a monstrous hypocrite.

Lol the guy with the antlers almost overthrew the US federal government. 

Hilarious. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

@B-Man Has posted quite a few things downplaying it, while simultaneously frequently expressing his outrage at "liberal protests". He's not the only one. 

Now it's downplaying it?  Before is was normalizing it.  Personally I feel B-Man is doing neither.  How has he downplayed it.

And regarding Nancy.  I can believe she said that.  Old people say stupid ***** all the time.  She may have said something as stupid and insensitive when she presented the folded flag to George's brother.  

42 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't know who needs to hear this, but it's not normal for police to commit extra-judicial murder. The fact that extra-judicial murder by police officers is so normalized is scarier than the fact that people sometimes destroy property in order to protest it.

I don't know who needs to hear this, but if you normalize, defend, and minimize the storming of our capitol and murdering of capitol police by right wing mobs in a seditionist effort to overthrow a free and fair election, but get angry and upset about Rite Aid's windows being smashed, you're a monstrous hypocrite.

Correct, it’s not normal for a police officer to murder citizens.   It’s actually quite rare in the grand scheme of things, but no less important that the process of investigating and bringing the murderer to justice be complete.  Just like if the murderer was an accountant, crip, or the glass guy who fixes the window at the Rite Aid.  

If, however, you see it as Rite Aid’s role to suffer the consequences, or the family owned pizza shop to bear the burden of the weight of past injustices, said judgment being rendered by some dopey kid in a skeleton mask bought at Party City,  well that’s the height of horsecockery. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Old goat pandering fraud. #termlimits

3 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Old goat pandering fraud. #termlimits

This is the stupidity you get when an individual wealthy beyond the wildest dreams of most people (besides @Chef Jim) harnesses what can be described as near absolute power— shameless tone deaf platitudes that are the modern day equivalent of “Let them eat cake”.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Lol the guy with the antlers almost overthrew the US federal government. 

Hilarious. 

Case in point, re: minimizing/downplaying.

33 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Correct, it’s not normal for a police officer to murder citizens.   It’s actually quite rare in the grand scheme of things, but no less important that the process of investigating and bringing the murderer to justice be complete.  Just like if the murderer was an accountant, crip, or the glass guy who fixes the window at the Rite Aid.  

If, however, you see it as Rite Aid’s role to suffer the consequences, or the family owned pizza shop to bear the burden of the weight of past injustices, said judgment being rendered by some dopey kid in a skeleton mask bought at Party City,  well that’s the height of horsecockery. 

10,000 bonus points for “horsecockery”.

By the way, in looking back over your posts in the 1/06 panel thread and others, I see that I was off base in my statements about what you’ve said on that matter in this forum.

There ARE some folks on here who regularly seek to insinuate that the Capitol storming was no big deal, or who seek to otherwise minimize or dismiss it. FireChans just did it a few posts ago in this very thread, for instance. I wrongly lumped you in with them. I apologize. It was an inaccurate and poorly researched characterization on my part. I am sorry.

As to the Rite-Aid smashing:I do think there is some merit to the idea that “rioting is the language of the oppressed”, and that there are instances where it is defensible. Not all instances, admittedly. I certainly don’t condone the destruction of locally owned businesses, in any case.

While I myself have not ever participated in property destruction as a form of protest, I also recognize that I do not belong to a historically oppressed parcel of society. I recognize also that, in the heat of the moment and in an act of crying out at repeated injustice when no other act seems to make their voices heard, people could find themselves engaged in such activities. I accept, though, that we will have to agree to disagree about the appropriateness of property destruction as a means of protest, and I don’t mean to hijack this thread in that direction.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

not surprised Pelosi said that at all.  She’s not well and has no business being in a position of power any more.

I agree with everything you say hear, except the idea that she is not well.

She knows what she's doing, and no one ever calls her out on it. 

She's just as vile as Waters.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Logic said:

By the way, in looking back over your posts in the 1/06 panel thread and others, I see that I was off base in my statements about what you’ve said on that matter in this forum.

There ARE some folks on here who regularly seek to insinuate that the Capitol storming was no big deal, or who seek to otherwise minimize or dismiss it. FireChans just did it a few posts ago in this very thread, for instance. I wrongly lumped you in with them. I apologize. It was an inaccurate and poorly researched characterization on my part. I am sorry.

As to the Rite-Aid smashing:I do think there is some merit to the idea that “rioting is the language of the oppressed”, and that there are instances where it is defensible. Not all instances, admittedly. I certainly don’t condone the destruction of locally owned businesses, in any case.

While I myself have not ever participated in property destruction as a form of protest, I also recognize that I do not belong to a historically oppressed parcel of society. I recognize also that, in the heat of the moment and in an act of crying out at repeated injustice when no other act seems to make their voices heard, people could find themselves engaged in such activities. I accept, though, that we will have to agree to disagree about the appropriateness of property destruction as a means of protest, and I don’t mean to hijack this thread in that direction.

I think a common thread that we see here from the people on the right is they love free speech and they love to tell minority groups what to say.

Kneel on a football field - just stand

Lebron speaking out - shut up and dribble

Telling people Black Lives Matter - no all lives matter

The GA election bill is racist - shut up no it’s not 

No matter what form of speech you see from minority groups it will never be appropriate for those on the right.

Edited by Backintheday544
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So, with this verdict has/will anything change? I doubt it... looks like Texas will be next. It just seems like I've heard the same thing over and over for the last 50+ years. Its almost like it is a job for a Lot of people. 

1 minute ago, T&C said:

So, with this verdict has/will anything change? I doubt it... looks like Texas will be next. It just seems like I've heard the same thing over and over for the last 50+ years. Its almost like it is a job for a Lot of people. 

Huh? 

40 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah dude, I don’t know if you know but the US DIDN’T almost get overthrown. Like 0.0%. Some kooks went to where they weren’t supposed to and broke into federal property. Some of them dressed like shaman. It wasn’t an armed coup. 

Edited by FireChans

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Define “creeps”.

People who feel openly superior to others in every possible way, simply because they went to an upper echelon school or have a job in the media or are entertainers in acting or music.

People who feel they have the right to bully or threaten you simply because you don't agree with their cause or you won't donate to their charity.

People who yell and chant for justice, when all they really want to do is destroy people's personal property, cause violence and rape towards others, just so they can get away with it.

Patriots* fans.