Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

10 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

It really seems like a bunch of erratic gobbledegook, that concludes cops are just big bullies. Maybe? 

I’d also never heard of the guy in 2019 who had his neck kneeled on for 14 minutes and died. Of course based on the picture I’m sure we know why. 

there may be an ounce of truth to Walsh and Beck’s exchange—that, in the context of police shootings, the media has given greater attention to black fatalities than white ones. 

ounce ?  😂 

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It really seems like a bunch of erratic gobbledegook, that concludes cops are just big bullies. Maybe? 

I’d also never heard of the guy in 2019 who had his neck kneeled on for 14 minutes and died. Of course based on the picture I’m sure we know why. 

there may be an ounce of truth to Walsh and Beck’s exchange—that, in the context of police shootings, the media has given greater attention to black fatalities than white ones. 

ounce ?  😂 

I saw both killings reported. The Dallas cops mocking Timpa were pretty sick. They continued making fun of him even while was in the ambulance, until the EMT let them know he was dead... They didn't think they killed him.

The cop who shot Daniel Shaver was worse, imo. He was just itching to blow that poor guy away, and he did, while he was quivering on his knees. A cop with "you're *****" etched into his AR-15 is a pretty good sign that you're dealing with a sociopath. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I saw both killings reported. The Dallas cops mocking Timpa were pretty sick. They continued making fun of him even while was in the ambulance, until the EMT let them know he was dead... They didn't think they killed him.

The cop who shot Daniel Shaver was worse, imo. He was just itching to blow that poor guy away, and he did, while he was quivering on his knees. A cop with "you're *****" etched into his AR-15 is a pretty good sign that you're dealing with a sociopath. 

I’ve played old man lacrosse with a number of police officers, swat guys etc. Some of them are major power trippers, former seals or marines, the power trippers that tell stories that seem to cross the line are racially diverse. It’s actually surprising because until moving to Maryland the sport itself lacked diversity. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve played old man lacrosse with a number of police officers, swat guys etc. Some of them are major power trippers, former seals or marines, the power trippers that tell stories that seem to cross the line are racially diverse. It’s actually surprising because until moving to Maryland the sport itself lacked diversity. 

Anyone can use labels to dehumanize others, and it's way easier for power trippers to justify crossing the line when they've put the person they are about to dominate in a dehumanized "less than" catageory. 

The "less than" categories also explain why most white people don't care about most white people who get killed by police. They were criminals, or white trash, or mentally ill.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Anyone can use labels to dehumanize others, and it's way easier for power trippers to justify crossing the line when they've put the person they are about to dominate in a dehumanized "less than" catageory. 

The "less than" categories also explain why most white people don't care about most white people who get killed by police. They were criminals, or white trash, or mentally ill.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make here. And I'm not sure you do either. People are people, regardless of color, but their personal life experiences definitely shape their attitudes towards lots of things. I'm pretty sure that white people living in neighborhoods that have lots of crime and lots of interaction with police, have pretty similar attitudes towards police, and to the people they've either seen, or heard of getting killed by police.

59 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I find it hard to believe that the O2 levels were not submitted as evidence during discovery. 

And it's also strange that the prosecution expert testified about the theoretical possability of Carbon Monoxide poisoning without ever looking at C02 levels. 

3 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I find it hard to believe that the O2 levels were not submitted as evidence during discovery. 

And it's also strange that the prosecution expert testified about the theoretical possability of Carbon Monoxide poisoning without ever looking at C02 levels. 

I just can’t believe the prosecution had the judges threaten a mistrial. What an effing disaster that would have been. 

29 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

You have to look at percentages. Isn't that statistics 101?

Oh is that what results in riots and outrage, a statistical conclusion? I didn’t realize there was an algorithm. 

im fascinated to hear what confidence interval is required to confirm if media outcry and outrage are warranted or not.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Oh is that what results in riots and outrage, a statistical conclusion? I didn’t realize there was an algorithm. 

im fascinated to hear what confidence interval is required to confirm if media outcry and outrage are warranted or not.

look graph GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

2C74250F-D2AE-4293-A4F2-BCAE8ED57626.jpeg

So based off population percentage you’re about three times as likely to be shot to death by cops if you’re black instead of white.  At least according to this graph.

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

So based off population percentage you’re about three times as likely to be shot to death by cops if you’re black instead of white.  At least according to this graph.

you also cannot just look at one set of datapoints and say case closed. not saying you personally. i dont know. but many are.

disparity. a higher percentage of blacks are killed by police. case closed.  racism.

but when the same percentages are used to show a certain race is at a higher percentage to commit violent crimes, the disparity is given a excuse. even though that leads directly to a higher percentage of interactions between the two groups in the first place. 

so blacks are at a higher percentage of being killed by cops but also at a higher percentage of killing cops themselves

https://ucr.fbi.gov/leoka/2019/tables/table-42.xls

this is a important point! as it leads to both sides interacting with each other knowing it can be a more dangerous encounter because statistically it is. bias unconcious whatever the factor when your life is on the line it will not be ignored.saying stop thinking that way to only one side is not a solution.

my issue is the second half of the story and percentage ive shown is VERY hard to find and labeled racist if you do!  the media is saturating the public with the first half only and burying the second so people don't even concider it or even worse know very well but excuse it. there isn't any honesty about the facts or anger towards the manipulation we all are being overloaded with

noone cares about honesty. that's not how problems get fixed and unfortunatly society seem to be on a unstoppable path in the wrong direction. 

has anyone in here actually sat down and watched videos of police doing everyday stops being very professional and in a split second getting gunned down? same families left without loved ones as any other, regardless of race. thats part of this story as well!! 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

you also cannot just look at one set of datapoints and say case closed. not saying you personally. i dont know. but many are.

disparity. a higher percentage of blacks are killed by police. case closed.  racism.

but when the same percentages are used to show a certain race is at a higher percentage to commit violent crimes, the disparity is given a excuse even although that leads directly to a higher percentage of interactions between the two groups in the first place. 

so blacks are at a higher percentage of being killed by cops but also at a higher percentage of killing cops themselves

this is a important point! as it leads to both sides interacting with each other knowing that will be seen as more dangerous encounter, because statistically it is. saying stop thinking that way to only one side is not a solution.

my issue is the second half of the story and percentage ive shown is VERY hard to find and labeled racist if you do!  the media is saturating the public with the first half only and burying the second so people don't even concider it or even worse know very well but excuse it. there isn't any honesty about the facts or anger towards the manipulation we all are being overloaded with

noone cares about honesty. that's not how problems get fixed and unfortunatly society seem to be on a unstoppable path in the wrong direction. 

has anyone in here actually sat down and watched videos of police doing everyday stops being very professional and in a split second getting gunned down? same families left without loved ones as any other, regardless of race. thats part of this story as well!! 

Completely agree.  I was just pointing out the uselessness of that graph.  The counter to black people being 3x as likely to be killed by the police are black people commit more crimes leading to more police encounters.  They've had multiple studies over the years that showed no statistical difference between the likelihood of being shot and killed by a cop based on race during an interaction.  They have found cops are more likely to use excessive force with black people compared to white people though.  I wish the BLM movement would focus more on the latter and ask why that is.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Completely agree.  I was just pointing out the uselessness of that graph.  The counter to black people being 3x as likely to be killed by the police are black people commit more crimes leading to more police encounters.  They've had multiple studies over the years that showed no statistical difference between the likelihood of being shot and killed by a cop based on race during an interaction.  They have found cops are more likely to use excessive force with black people compared to white people though.  I wish the BLM movement would focus more on the latter and ask why that is.

right wasn't pointing at you directly man. it seemed like there was a dog pile for the narrative that i was speaking about. intertwine all that with peoples need to rush to judgment the moment a story is out and having to much ego to rethink there original ideas as being wrong when more facts emerge. its a powder keg. 

its not looking good for the critical thinkers.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

right wasn't pointing at you directly man. it seemed like there was a dog pile for the narrative that i was speaking about. intertwine all that with peoples need to rush to judgment the moment a story is out and having to much ego to rethink there original ideas as being wrong as more facts emerge and its a powder keg. 

its not looking good for the critical thinkers.

It's frustrating when you have one side saying that cops are inherently racist and want to kill black people and the counter to that is something like 99% of police officers are great public servants just doing their job the best they can.  You're not anti cop if you point out there are some serious systemic problems in US police departments in many major cities.  You're also not racist if you don't buy the BLM narrative that cops are looking to kill black people.  I don't even like to get into these debates because people feel they have to choose a side.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That’s not the point at all. Where are the outrageous videos of these same interactions occurring when the situation doesn’t fit the racial narrative. 

There are twice as many to chose from. 

4 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

but when the same percentages are used to show a certain race is at a higher percentage to commit violent crimes, the disparity is given a excuse even although that leads directly to a higher percentage of interactions between the two groups in the first place. 

this is a important point! as it leads to both sides interacting with each other knowing  can be a more dangerous encounter, because statistically it is. bias unconcious whatever the factor when your life is on the line it will not be ignored.saying stop thinking that way to only one side is not a solution.

Thank you. I knew the second part and thought about making it.  You made it better. The demographic distribution of cop killers is almost the same rate as killed by cops(shocking right?). Also there is a data set that if you look at total police contact rates, whites are more likely to be killed per contact. 

Like many here, I’m growing tired of this everything is racist narrative crammed down our throats daily. 

And yeah find the dash cam video of an officer in New Mexico pull over a guy which starts out pleasant and ends with a dead officer on the roadside. Why isn’t this getting reported the same way?