Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So a guy sitting on his neck while he said he could not breath was not the cause? Ya, ok. 

This guy has testified for other police accused of killing people, right? 

These experts have biases, too. 

Meanwhile, "Dr. Bradford Wankhede Langenfeld, the Hennepin County Medical Center physician who pronounced George Floyd dead, previously said that Floyd’s cardiac arrest was likely a result of a lack of oxygen — a source of information backed by Dr. Martin Tobin, a pulmonologist and physician with experience in critical care medicine, who explained that Floyd’s insufficient oxygen levels “caused damage to his brain” and “caused a PEA arrhythmia that caused his heart to stop.”

I'm not surprised the Defense was able to pay an expert witness to say that Floyd's death was caused by Floyd himself. 

But you have to be a sadist to believe that argument aquits Chauvin.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Meanwhile, "Dr. Bradford Wankhede Langenfeld, the Hennepin County Medical Center physician who pronounced George Floyd dead, previously said that Floyd’s cardiac arrest was likely a result of a lack of oxygen — a source of information backed by Dr. Martin Tobin, a pulmonologist and physician with experience in critical care medicine, who explained that Floyd’s insufficient oxygen levels “caused damage to his brain” and “caused a PEA arrhythmia that caused his heart to stop.”

I'm not surprised the Defense was able to pay an expert witness to say that Floyd's death was caused by Floyd himself. 

But you have to be a sadist to believe that argument aquits Chauvin.

Technically speaking this is sort of correct...wouldn't he probably still be alive today if he wasn't drugged out

committing some crime that day?

• Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, TSOL said:

The cops should be driving little three wheeled electric golf carts, have little rubber billy clubs and wear those funny old time hats that they used to have back in the day. That's my solution 

gentleman-dressed-in-1940s-vintage-police-uniform-KC6R3J.jpg

So you have no serious answer to your stupid comment.  Glad I could call you out on your stupidity.  

Just now, Tiberius said:

Nice cross examination to get the defenses expert to admit that Floyd should have been given medical attention. That’s part of the charges, and that was a defense witness! 

Agree with you there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

OK, I’m curious. Some of you appear to be watching the trial from gavel to gavel. Is the actual trial on TV somewhere? Or are you just seeing edited highlights? And if you’re watching the entire thing...don’t you have better things to do? Like going to work? 

30 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

OK, I’m curious. Some of you appear to be watching the trial from gavel to gavel. Is the actual trial on TV somewhere? Or are you just seeing edited highlights? And if you’re watching the entire thing...don’t you have better things to do? Like going to work? 

I have been catching bits and pieces at work, but when I get home, the trial is usually still going on for like an hour so I can catch it on CNN. Love watching trails! I wish I had court tv 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I have been catching bits and pieces at work, but when I get home, the trial is usually still going on for like an hour so I can catch it on CNN. Love watching trails! I wish I had court tv 

I’m surprised one of those free smart TV apps like Friendly or Pluto don’t have court tv. Pluto has a channel that just does “Cops” reruns 24/7 and a channel that plays old WPT events lol

Defense rests in Derek Chauvin murder trial for death of George Floyd:

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2021/04/15/defense-rest-chauvin-

The defense has rested in George Floyd's murder trial Thursday, without former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin taking the stand. 

“I will invoke my fifth amendment privilege today,” Chauvin said, choosing not to testify on his own behalf.

The prosecution's case took two weeks; the defense took all of two days.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:06 PM, TSOL said:

I just don't think I trust cops with guns anymore. Maybe they should just carry tasers.

Or blowdarts or slingshots.  Something way less lethal. 

I thought about this, or at least have them in a lock box on the car with only the taser holstered. 

But the criminals all have guns... lots of them

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I thought about this, or at least have them in a lock box on the car with only the taser holstered. 

I have thought if this type of situation except there are many neighborhoods where this would be suicide in 2021. Cops have become a military unit, trained to attack their own citizens. The disrespect of the law by many gss led to this. Many societal issues must be fixed simultaneously. Lessening the danger from police would assist in creating a better relationship with all citizens except the criminals. The solution to fixing the gang, drug and criminal issues are way past my ability to try to explain. Very complex.

2 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

I have thought if this type of situation except there are many neighborhoods where this would be suicide in 2021. Cops have become a military unit, trained to attack their own citizens. The disrespect of the law by many gss led to this. Many societal issues must be fixed simultaneously. Lessening the danger from police would assist in creating a better relationship with all citizens except the criminals. The solution to fixing the gang, drug and criminal issues are way past my ability to try to explain. Very complex.

Tbh you might get flamed for the military comparison but urban police in many places are basically an occupying force with the justification for their presence being high rates of violent crime. Some cities have tried mitigating this by recruiting more locals but it’s tough sledding, especially now. 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh btw tibs I just googled it and apparently court tv has a free app for fire stick, roku, etc. Not sure if the live content is free but worth a shot. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Tbh you might get flamed for the military comparison but urban police in many places are basically an occupying force with the justification for their presence being high rates of violent crime. Some cities have tried mitigating this by recruiting more locals but it’s tough sledding, especially now. 

Oh btw tibs I just googled it and apparently court tv has a free app for fire stick, roku, etc. Not sure if the live content is free but worth a shot. 

Thanks! I'll check that out! 

44 minutes ago, T&C said:

Defense rests in Derek Chauvin murder trial for death of George Floyd:

The defense has rested in George Floyd's murder trial Thursday, without former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin taking the stand. 

“I will invoke my fifth amendment privilege today,” Chauvin said, choosing not to testify on his own behalf.

The prosecution's case took two weeks; the defense took all of two days.

Interesting. I was thinking he should have taken the stand. He would of been able to show remorse, that he was under so much stress and that he did not want to hurt Mr. Floyd. 

Of course, cross examination would of been brutal.

21 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Yup. That's a tough one 

41 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Interesting. I was thinking he should have taken the stand. He would of been able to show remorse, that he was under so much stress and that he did not want to hurt Mr. Floyd. 

Of course, cross examination would of been brutal.

Both sides have rested their case... final arguments will be on Monday. Here is a bit of the article referring your mention of Chauvin taking the stand:

“I will invoke my Fifth Amendment privilege today,” Chauvin said, choosing not to testify on his own behalf, opting to use his right against self-incrimination.

“Is this your decision not to testify?” Judge Peter Cahill asked.

“It is, your honor,” Chauvin said.

The risks for Chauvin were high: Testifying could have opened him up to devastating cross-examination, with prosecutors replaying the video of the arrest and forcing Chauvin to explain, one frame at a time, why he kept pressing down on Floyd.

2 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

The danger from Police to non criminal citizens is already extremely low. Cultural issues that make some extremely violent toward Police is indeed a difficult issue to “ solve”. There may not be any realistic solution. 

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The danger from Police to non criminal citizens is already extremely low. Cultural issues that make some extremely violent toward Police is indeed a difficult issue to “ solve”. There may not be any realistic solution. 

I get it. Criminals shouldn't be afforded the rights of citizens. And the police know who to target just by looking .

• Eyeroll 1