Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, why is that? 

The same crowd loved George Zimmerman, too 

George Zimmerman was not a good guy but neither was Trayvon. The issue with Zimmerman was how many times the news-especially the Orlando Sentinel-lied about what happened. They had access to information and completely pretended that the info did not exist. They knew that Zimmerman was beaten that night and was in the hospital but they only admitted it literally months after the initial incorrect report. I do not have to "love" or even like someone to recognize that getting beyond a reasonable doubt is a high bar.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Melania Trump said:

Why are those that stump for Chauvin’s defense the same that defend Matt Gaetz?

Because they’re still members of the cult! Thank you for the support 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, why is that? 

The same crowd loved George Zimmerman, too 

The fake Trump wife troll contrarian bot arguing with left sheep bot. (Bills being Altleftsheepbot)

self imposed programed carnage! 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

George Zimmerman was not a good guy but neither was Trayvon. The issue with Zimmerman was how many times the news-especially the Orlando Sentinel-lied about what happened. They had access to information and completely pretended that the info did not exist. They knew that Zimmerman was beaten that night and was in the hospital but they only admitted it literally months after the initial incorrect report. I do not have to "love" or even like someone to recognize that getting beyond a reasonable doubt is a high bar.

NBC also doctored his phone call making it seem as if he was racist. They were all fired from their job. The only reason Zimmerman didn’t win tens of millions from nbc was because there is some ridiculous law that says he had to notify nbc within 3 days to retract their story. He didn’t so his lawsuit was thrown out.  

26 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Wait! What? Are you suggesting that in some bizzaro Tibsian world you’d expect to see the numbers equal out? This isn’t a game of cops and robbers you nitwit! 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Out of millions of incidents of police contact. With what officers face every day, that number ( around annual average) is very low. On the flip side, we’ve lost over 100 officers this year already. The media-stoked hate against police is getting worse. Why are you comparing the two numbers anyway? Are you implying more officers should be killed to “ even things out”? The Cops are the ones going up against the actual criminals you know. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

My issue with the Zimmerman case was the interpretation of the Florida stand your ground law.  After calling 911 about a suspicious individual the police through the dispatcher gave Zimmerman clear instructions to stay in his vehicle and do not approach the suspect.  But he chose to ignore this request, left his vehicle, and confronted Martin.  A physical confrontation followed.  My contention was that you cannot initiate a confrontation, specifically disregarding police instructions in this case, and claim self-defense when the other person engages in what they logically believe is defending themselves against an attacker.  In this case Zimmerman being the attacker of Martin who for all purposes had no idea what Zimmerman was up to here.  Given these circumstances I thought Zimmerman was guilty of at a minimum negligent homicide.  

48 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Out of millions of incidents of police contact. With what officers face every day, that number ( around annual average) is very low. On the flip side, we’ve lost over 100 officers this year already. The media-stoked hate against police is getting worse. Why are you comparing the two numbers anyway? Are you implying more officers should be killed to “ even things out”? The Cops are the ones going up against the actual criminals you know. 

The left has a hard-on for the police because local law enforcement is one of the few, or maybe the only, large public institution they do not control.   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

My issue with the Zimmerman case was the interpretation of the Florida stand your ground law.  After calling 911 about a suspicious individual the police through the dispatcher gave Zimmerman clear instructions to stay in his vehicle and do not approach the suspect.  But he chose to ignore this request, left his vehicle, and confronted Martin.  A physical confrontation followed.  My contention was that you cannot initiate a confrontation, specifically disregarding police instructions in this case, and claim self-defense when the other person engages in what they logically believe is defending themselves against an attacker.  In this case Zimmerman being the attacker of Martin who for all purposes had no idea what Zimmerman was up to here.  Given these circumstances I thought Zimmerman was guilty of at a minimum negligent homicide.  

You are absolutely correct that Stand your Ground should never been allowed. The only reason it was allowed is Zimmermans father is a judge and he called in a favor. I will disagree about the homicide because where they brawled Trayvon was definitely not walking straight home, he hid and attacked Zimmerman. It can still be self defense as long as you don't provoke the other person and I believe Zimmerman was just trying to follow him not fight him.

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wait! What? Are you suggesting that in some bizzaro Tibsian world you’d expect to see the numbers equal out? This isn’t a game of cops and robbers you nitwit! 

Give him a break, he prolly never got to statistics 101...more than likely statistics  is considered racist by now anyhow.

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

No, it just looks like cops are so fearful because there are so many guns that have flooded our society that they are pretty scared and shoot a lot. 

Too many guns. That's a big reason policing is so difficult 

12 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Give him a break, he prolly never got to statistics 101...more than likely statistics  is considered racist by now anyhow.

You are a stupid idiot 

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, it just looks like cops are so fearful because there are so many guns that have flooded our society that they are pretty scared and shoot a lot. 

Or....how about people just STOP RESISTING ARREST when or about to be handcuffed!  This latest incident was a tragedy for sure but you can't fast forward to the end and put all of the blame on the officers. What in the world was this kid thinking? The officers are peacefully placing him under arrest, and he jumps back in the car to drive away?  This is not a game! 

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Or....how about people just STOP RESISTING ARREST when or about to be handcuffed!  This latest incident was a tragedy for sure but you can't fast forward to the end and put all of the blame on the officers. What in the world was this kid thinking? The officers are peacefully placing him under arrest, and he jumps back in the car to drive away?  This is not a game! 

That's why in canada and england they would have just let him go. 

To use the billions of dollars we have invested in technology to find him at a later date. This was not a life or death infraction he was being arrested for. 

Trigger happy cops with egos from being trained like they are junior special ops forces aren't what this country needs 

3 minutes ago, TSOL said:

That's why in canada and england they would have just let him go. 

To use the billions of dollars we have invested in technology to find him at a later date. This was not a life or death infraction he was being arrested for. 

Trigger happy cops with egos from being trained like they are junior special ops forces aren't what this country needs 

I see. So you'd place none of the blame on this young man? Can't we teach people how to behave when being placed under arrest?  Can't we tell people to stop running from police in high speed pursuits?  Has it really become a free for all out there?

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I see. So you'd place none of the blame on this young man? Can't we teach people how to behave when being placed under arrest?  Can't we tell people to stop running from police in high speed pursuits?  Has it really become a free for all out there?

Kim Potter is a 26 year veteran of the police force, she has been a cop for longer than he has been alive. 

He was trying to run from an expired registration ticket. 

No, I put no responsibility on him. She's the one with how many hours of state provided training, she's the one with a state issued firearm on her hip. The responsibility lies solely on the one with the gun. 

I'm very pro 2nd amendment btw, I just think the cops need to be scaled back a bit. 

By your logic, it would have been Bandits fault if Buford Justice would have blown his brains out 

6 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Kim Potter is a 26 year veteran of the police force, she has been a cop for longer than he has been alive. 

He was trying to run from an expired registration ticket. 

No, I put no responsibility on him. She's the one with how many hours of state provided training, she's the one with a state issued firearm on her hip. The responsibility lies solely on the one with the gun. 

I'm very pro 2nd amendment btw, I just think the cops need to be scaled back a bit. 

By your logic, it would have been Bandits fault if Buford Justice would have blown his brains out 

Had he complied and not tried to run would he be likely be alive today?