Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

7 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

A society that is so evolved that 73,000,000 voted for a guy who lied every day, exaggerated every day, ridiculed others everyday, flipped positions everyday and created circumstances that killed 557,000 and the Jan6th riots.

For goodness sake leh, just say it us obvious that Chauvin is guilty of something between manslaughter and murder2. 

Your cred is harmed when you cannot at least move towards a reasonable position.

Reasonable to you...but all the evidence must be looked at before you come to that conclusion...look at OJ Simpson...everyone wanted to rush to judgement just because he was fleeing cops, or attempted suicide, or had his blood at the scene of the crime, or had the smallest bit of motive, or had a history of violence...but it was important to wait and see all the evidence first, because in the end, it showed there was enough doubt to be skeptical...👍

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

A society that is so evolved that 73,000,000 voted for a guy who lied every day, exaggerated every day, ridiculed others everyday, flipped positions everyday and created circumstances that killed 557,000 and the Jan6th riots.

For goodness sake leh, just say it us obvious that Chauvin is guilty of something between manslaughter and murder2. 

Your cred is harmed when you cannot at least move towards a reasonable position.

I find it quite entertaining you used the word exaggerated in this post to refer to someone else.  

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Motorin' said:

I think several right wing commentators are guilty of what they are accusing the left leaning media of doing. They seem to be focusing exclusively on the defense's arguments and ignoring the plethora of expert witnesses the prosecution has used to counter. 

Which leads me to conclude they are rooting for an acquittal. They would get to preen about how stupid the lame stream media is, and when riots break out, they'll get to assume their favorite position as they stand in condemnation of the evil left wing mob. 

I don't buy for a second that any of them are just trying to be fair and objective, and just "calling it as they see it." You really have to twist your mind to the position  that it is legal and safe to kneel on someone's neck, let along for nearly 10 minutes, and that continuing to kneel on someone's neck after they go unresponsive and die is the fault of the person being kneeled on.

That's why I called it sadism. Both what Chauvin did, and the people who appear to be rooting for his acquittal. 

I think most of the media is hoping for an acquittal- the stories write themselves and both sides get to pretend their side is morally correct.  If Chauvin is found guilty he will die in prison and the only articles written will be his epitaph. 

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

I think most of the media is hoping for an acquittal- the stories write themselves and both sides get to pretend their side is morally correct.  If Chauvin is found guilty he will die in prison and the only articles written will be his epitaph. 

That is a pretty cynical view about the media, but I don't doubt that to be the case on some instances. 

From my perspective, I'd like to think this trial is, or could be, about something bigger. I talked to a cop last week while I was on a job, and he said he thinks cops are the biggest villains right now because of a few bad apples ruining it for all of them. My reaction was that if the good cops started policing their own and got the small number of sociopaths out of the force as soon as possible rather than remaining silent, it would be in everyones best interest. 

There's been way too many instances of good cops getting thrown off the force for calling out vile behavior of the bad apples. That needs to change, and if anything positive comes from this trial my hope is that it becomes OK for cops to speak out against the worst violent offenders in their own departments. 

26 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Reasonable to you...but all the evidence must be looked at before you come to that conclusion...look at OJ Simpson...everyone wanted to rush to judgement just because he was fleeing cops, or attempted suicide, or had his blood at the scene of the crime, or had the smallest bit of motive, or had a history of violence...but it was important to wait and see all the evidence first, because in the end, it showed there was enough doubt to be skeptical...👍

You think there is doubt in this case so far? 

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Great find, it's a clip of the medical examiner classifying Gorge Floyd's death as homicide, where your chosen commentator interpreted the testimony to mean that Floyd died because of hyper tension, drug use and stress:

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Absolutely does.  

Both had racist cops involved? 

A racist cop got OJ off

Lawyers question: Did you plant the bloody glove? 

Mark Fehrman: I plead the fifth as the answer may incriminate me 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

That has to be one of your all time worst posts. This literally has nothing to do with Trump or your Q obsession. (And the only person ‘murdered’ at the Capitol was a protestor.) 

Seems to me a policeman lost his life.,

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Absolutely does.  

There wasn't a video of OJ killing Nicole and Ron. 

But yes, everyone gets due process. I stand by the claim that it is a sadistic and murderous act to kneel on someone's neck for almost 10 minutes until they die. And it is sadistic to blame the person who was killed for their own death.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Both had racist cops involved? 

A racist cop got OJ off

Lawyers question: Did you plant the bloody glove? 

Mark Fehrman: I plead the fifth as the answer may incriminate me 

Sigh....why do I even bother.

Plant the seed of doubt in a jury and even a pretty guilty murderer goes free.  

40 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

That is a pretty cynical view about the media, but I don't doubt that to be the case on some instances. 

From my perspective, I'd like to think this trial is, or could be, about something bigger. I talked to a cop last week while I was on a job, and he said he thinks cops are the biggest villains right now because of a few bad apples ruining it for all of them. My reaction was that if the good cops started policing their own and got the small number of sociopaths out of the force as soon as possible rather than remaining silent, it would be in everyones best interest. 

There's been way too many instances of good cops getting thrown off the force for calling out vile behavior of the bad apples. That needs to change, and if anything positive comes from this trial my hope is that it becomes OK for cops to speak out against the worst violent offenders in their own departments. 

I couldn’t disagree more. First, it’s become impossible to be too cynical about today’s media. They’ve earned that cynicism, and there’s no sign of anything returning to a degree of respectability. They’re 98% liberal activists. Which brings me to your thought on cops and why the cop you referenced has it wrong. 

The very few bad apple cops are not the reason cops are currently the biggest villains. Your theory on self policing weeding out the bad apples is just not possible. There are a few bad apples everywhere, in all professions and walks of life. If they were able to be weeded out by peer action, there wouldn’t be any. Anywhere. No employees who “ go postal” and shoot up the workplace. No thieves, embezzlers, molesters etc etc. It’s dream world thinking. The trouble isn’t the bad apples( they are indeed few )  , it’s the media. It’s politicians, and it’s social media. It’s a lack of perspective and critical thinking skills on the part of a hugely brainwashed segment of society that has been growing in number through media and school indoctrination for decades now. The few bad apple instances per annum are sensationalized and over reported, while the actual overall  numbers of them are ignored, not talked about , and not paid attention to because they don’t support the narrative. Meanwhile, far more outrageous killings by civilians that were intentional acts are downplayed, minimized and buried in the back pages because truth is no longer prioritized. The media today sells racism. There was very little in the mainstream about the outrageous murder of an Uber Eats driver by a couple of teenage heathens trying to car jack him. They were so depraved that they were more worried about losing a cellphone when they were detained. That’s just one example. Twenty murders have occurred in li’l old Buffalo already this year. That’s probably an average weekend in a place like Chicago. It’s getting worse through misguided liberal policies such as bail reform. If this violence is brought up in the media , it’s usually through the lens of gun control. Never mind that such crimes are overwhelmingly committed with illegal guns. The fact is, annual police involved shootings in the USA are fairly consistent occurring around a thousand or less per year. Fatal shooting are less, and those involving unarmed persons of color even fewer. Last year was less than 15. Far more Caucasian suspects are shot ( about 400 per year) as well as Hispanics.  A thousand police involved shootings is a spectacularly low number per year considering the number of police calls and the amount of violent criminals encountered. The media and Democrat party want people to believe that thousands of unarmed minorities are shot by police per year and the numbers tell a completely different story. Anyone can check them for themselves,  but sadly most are too naive or dumb to be bothered. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

19 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

There wasn't a video of OJ killing Nicole and Ron. 

But yes, everyone gets due process. I stand by the claim that it is a sadistic and murderous act to kneel on someone's neck for almost 10 minutes until they die. And it is sadistic to blame the person who was killed for their own death.  

I don’t want to get into an entire debate here but wasn’t it shown that he was actually kneeling on his shoulder? Or doesn’t that fit the narrative? It doesn’t make what the officer did right, but at least we should get the facts straight.

• Vomit 1

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Sigh....why do I even bother.

Plant the seed of doubt in a jury and even a pretty guilty murderer goes free.  

True.... and will people  stop saying “ plead the fifth”. The fifth is not a damn plea! Sorry for the rant lol 

Edited by Boatdrinks

15 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Perhaps...from some of the reporting, it seems like the case may not be as clear cut as we initially thought...I’m glad I’m not on the jury...

Lol, no, it’s pretty clear cut. Thanks though 🙏