Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

13 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Mind numbing ignorance on display here Tibs. Have you ever been an expert witness? I have. You’re paid to give the opinion that the prosecution or defense wants you to give...period! If you can’t, they’ll buy another expert witness. There’s no veering off script. Everything is rehearsed and if you’re not aware every WORD of your testimony has already been gone over in great depth before you ever sit down in the ‘witness’ chair.  You seem to think it’s a TV show where it’s all new to the participants...it’s not.

You are full of sh it. 

Are you arguing that Chauvin is being railroaded? 

11 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m told a young Tibsy first became fascinated with the law after one Mr. Mike Brady cracked a case wide open when he threw his briefcase on the floor, causing a loud noise that resulted in a shady plaintiff turning his head sharply after claiming his range of motion was severely restricted. 

I tried to tell Tibsy that while the ploy was brilliant, that was in California and everyone knows that anything goes in Cali.  Leisure suits.  Perms.  Johnny Bravo. And yes, the briefcase gambit.   I told him straight up that that dog don’t hunt in Minnesota, but he won’t listen.  

Cute. 

Do you thing Chauvin is not guilty? Or still want to hear more evidence? 

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You are full of sh it. 

Cute. 

Do you thing Chauvin is not guilty? Or still want to hear more evidence? 

What kind of friend would I be if I didn’t drop a little Brady Bunch logic on you now and again? 

The question you don’t seem to want to answer is “guilty of what?”.  I’ll try. 

I’m not splitting hairs with you here, I’m trying to ascertain what level of conviction that you would be comfortable with.  The story sickens me and I have no desire to follow it in detail.  I think Chauvin showed a depraved indifference to the well-being of a suspect in his custody.   I think it’s beyond foolish to think that GF’s drug use could not have contributed to his death in that moment at that time, and that’s something a jury has to consider.   I think we’ll hear from “experts” that yield different “expert results”.

I’d think the manslaughter conviction is probably where it should end up from a legal perspective, and I think that’s why the prosecution included that count.   

I think the jury will convict on the murder charge because it’s a highly emotional, highly charged, racially important trial and I’d be hard pressed to imagine anyone would want to deal with the scrutiny and threat to self that comes with the conviction on a lesser charge here. Chauvin is an easy defendant to despise. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You are full of sh it. 

You really don’t know how ANYTHING works. Railroaded? That comment just reinforces your ignorance about our justice system. What did you expect expert witnesses HIRED by the prosecution, or the defense, to say? Expert witnesses are not impartial. They’re playing a role in a play. The judge and the jury are the only ones in the courtroom that are supposed to be impartial. 
I’m going to keep on teaching if you’ll just slow down, pump the brakes and be willing to learn something. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What kind of friend would I be if I didn’t drop a little Brady Bunch logic on you now and again? 

The question you don’t seem to want to answer is “guilty of what?”.  I’ll try. 

I’m not splitting hairs with you here, I’m trying to ascertain what level of conviction that you would be comfortable with.  The story sickens me and I have no desire to follow it in detail.  I think Chauvin showed a depraved indifference to the well-being of a suspect in his custody.   I think it’s beyond foolish to think that GF’s drug use could not have contributed to his death in that moment at that time, and that’s something a jury has to consider.   I think we’ll hear from “experts” that yield different “expert results”.

I’d think the manslaughter conviction is probably where it should end up from a legal perspective, and I think that’s why the prosecution included that count.   

I think the jury will convict on the murder charge because it’s a highly emotional, highly charged, racially important trial and I’d be hard pressed to imagine anyone would want to deal with the scrutiny and threat to self that comes with the conviction on a lesser charge here. Chauvin is an easy defendant to despise. 

Anything, is he guilty of murder, manslaughter, homicide jay walking 🚶 you name it 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Anything, is he guilty of murder, manslaughter, homicide jay walking 🚶 you name it 

It seems strange to me that you’re passionate enough to watch the trial and develop an opinion but would be comfortable with “anything”, but see racism if acquitted.  

Anyway, thanks. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It seems strange to me that you’re passionate enough to watch the trial and develop an opinion but would be comfortable with “anything”, but see racism if acquitted.  

Anyway, thanks. 

You can’t even say? Why? Is it because you are afraid of the other right wing posters getting mad at you? 

Guilty or not? Let’s have it! 

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You can’t even say? Why? Is it because you are afraid of the other right wing posters getting mad at you? 

“Can’t even say”?  

I don’t have any idea what this means, especially since I already said what I said, which is the opposite of not even saying which is what you said. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

And the ignorance continues unabated. I sincerely hope you’re never on a jury. Nobody should be declaring anyone guilty until the prosecution and defense both rest their cases. Once again, that’s how the system works! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And the ignorance continues unabated. I sincerely hope you’re never on a jury. Nobody should be declaring anyone guilty until the prosecution and defense both rest their cases. Once again, that’s how the system works! 

So OJ's not guilty, right?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

In reality, a truly evolved society should want the worst offenders among us to be given the consideration that which an innocent person should be given.  It goes contrary to emotional logic but it’s true. 

It amazes me, but when you look at the “he’s guilty!” crowd in the bleachers, it’s the same “string em up” crowd you saw pre-civil rights.  The target may be different, and at times  much more reprehensible, but people love to leap before they look. 

• Agree 2

Admittedly haven’t been following the trial much, but I se it as a case involving a ( probably) bad cop and a drugged out guy that passed a fake $20 bill. Never saw any indication that racism played any role other than the superficial fact that it involved a white cop and a black civilian. My take is that the force used was probably excessive but very unsure that it amounts to a murder charge. 

44 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Admittedly haven’t been following the trial much, but I se it as a case involving a ( probably) bad cop and a drugged out guy that passed a fake $20 bill. Never saw any indication that racism played any role other than the superficial fact that it involved a white cop and a black civilian. My take is that the force used was probably excessive but very unsure that it amounts to a murder charge. 

Now wait a second here! You’re not going to try and bring logic and facts into this are you?

Like you, I find this trial to be nowhere close to living up to the mobs cries of systemic racism? Did I miss the testimony where the prosecution showed the racist training only white Minneapolis officers get? Where's the testimony with the Chauvins racist tweets or use of racist rhetoric during the arrest? Did we really burn down cities over this? We made a plaza in the Capital over this? We’ve got athletes kneeling in Europe over this?

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

"the prosecution and defense both rest their cases".

OJ trial is long over Chief.

Another, Clearer Take on the Chauvin Trial

By Clarice Feldman

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/04/another_clearer_take_on_the_chauvin_trial.html

Oooo...americanthinker! Let me get a drink so I can really enjoy another unbiased, stellar read.

8 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Correct. OJ was found not guilty by a jury of his peers.  What do you think he is? 

I think he's guilty af and I'll bet you do too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Oooo...americanthinker! Let me get a drink so I can really enjoy another unbiased, stellar read.

Nope.

You yahoos are not getting away with that Bullsh*t anymore.

The author, Clarice Feldman, is a distinguished lawyer who has written for most of the publications in America over the the past few decades.

She writes that weekly Sunday column for the American Thinker and I have posted it as often as I could.

You, once again have exposed yourself for the dullard that you are.

And for your own self interest, please don't try that 2nd grade response that Tibsy and BillZtime are so fond of when they are (again) 

caught in one of their poor replies.

The never popular "oh I touched a nerve" nonsense.

As if anything anybody on the internet said to me could possibly make any difference.

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Nope.

You yahoos are not getting away with that Bullsh*t anymore.

The author, Clarice Feldman, is a distinguished lawyer who has written for most of the publications in America over the the past few decades.

She writes that weekly Sunday column for the American Thinker and I have posted it as often as I could.

You, once again have exposed yourself for the dullard that you are.

And for your own self interest, please don't try that 2nd grade response that Tibsy and BillZtime are so fond of when they are (again) 

caught in one of their poor replies.

The never popular "oh I touched a nerve" nonsense.

As if anything anybody on the internet said to me could possibly make any difference.

triggered 

12 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I think he's guilty af and I'll bet you do too.

And your response is why we’ve chosen to evolve as a society. It simply doesn’t matter what you or I think. We aren’t running our country by feelings and emotions. We’re a country of laws. I’m assuming you’d expect and even demand the same treatment if you’re ever acquitted in a trial. 

22 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

“Can’t even say”?  

I don’t have any idea what this means, especially since I already said what I said, which is the opposite of not even saying which is what you said. 

You think he is guilty of murder?