Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Yes 

Yes what?

Was that officer a medical expert because, quite frankly, I don't believe a word you say that the officer said. Chauvin killed him. That woukd have been objected to and sustained.

End of story.

Edited by Beast

48 minutes ago, Beast said:

Yes what?

Was that officer a medical expert because, quite frankly, I don't believe a word you say that the officer said. Chauvin killed him. That woukd have been objected to and sustained.

End of story.

He was giving medical testimony. He explained how his training showed him how certain positions restrict breathing and that what Officer Chauvin had the suspect in a position that they are told not to do because it restricts breathing. Medical  enough for me. 

Testimony N.Y. was pretty damning to anyone with an open mind.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He was giving medical testimony. He explained how his training showed him how certain positions restrict breathing and that what Officer Chauvin had the suspect in a position that they are told not to do because it restricts breathing. Medical  enough for me. 

Testimony N.Y. was pretty damning to anyone with an open mind.

What was the officers medical background to give medical testimony?

Just now, Beast said:

Lol, he had gone through the training and felt the medical complications from being handcuffed, I.e. the trouble breathing. 

Medical. Lol 😂 

His own fellow officers are saying this was totally wrong, and said why (medically!!!) 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lol, he had gone through the training and felt the medical complications from being handcuffed, I.e. the trouble breathing. 

Medical. Lol 😂 

His own fellow officers are saying this was totally wrong, and said why (medically!!!) 

No, quite frankly, if you do not have a medical background you can not give a medical opinion. That would be struck down. And, again, you are saying that officer said Chauvin killed Floyd. That's a flat out lie.

Thanks for playing.

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

No, quite frankly, if you do not have a medical background you can not give a medical opinion. That would be struck down. And, again, you are saying that officer said Chauvin killed Floyd. That's a flat out lie.

Thanks for playing.

The jury won’t see it that way. The testimony was damning 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The jury won’t see it that way. The testimony was damning 

And when the Doctor that performed the first autopsy takes the stand and gives his or hers expert opinion on the cause of Floyd's death, the dog and pony show testimony won't matter.

Just now, Beast said:

And when the Doctor that performed the first autopsy takes the stand and gives his or hers expert opinion on the cause of Floyd's death, the dog and pony show testimony won't matter.

The longest serving member of that Police Department testifying that what the officer was doing violated his own training, and why it was a violation is a dog and pony show to you? Ya, you seem open to the truth. Whatever 

Zimmerman, the most senior officer in the Minneapolis police department, on Thursday testified that the kind of actions taken by Chauvin go far beyond accepted police protocols.

A knee on the neck would be considered “the top tier” of force — “deadly force,” he said from the witness stand. “Because of the fact that if your knee is on a person’s neck, that can kill him.”

The threat that a suspect poses to an officer’s safety also drops significantly once they are handcuffed, Zimmerman said. The suspect’s safety at that point also becomes the officer’s responsibility, he said. “His well-being is your responsibility.”

“If they become less combative, you may just have him sit down on the curb. The idea is to calm the person down, and if they are not a threat to you at that point, you try to help them so that they’re not as upset as they may have been in the beginning,” he added.

One thing that officers learn about the effect of handcuffs, Zimmerman said, is that once an individual has had their hands cuffed behind their back, “it stretches the muscles back through your chest, and it makes it more difficult to breathe.”

“Once a person is cuffed, you need to turn them on their side or have them sit up. You need to get them off their chest,” he said. “Because of, as I mentioned earlier, your muscles are pulling back when you’re handcuffed, and when you’re laying on your chest, that’s restricting your breathing even more.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/04/02/derek-chauvin-trial-live/

My opinion?

Chauvin and Floyd had a history. And not a buddy buddy history.  Chauvin most likely did not like Floyd at all due to what I’ve heard from those that worked with the two of them.  Chauvin used the knees to the neck maneuver on Floyd as a way to say “take that *****!”  He never intended to kill him in my opinion.  So Third Degree Murder.  Now before you go popping champagne corks @BillStime I’m not agreeing with you yet.  I think our differences are that you are thinking his intent was to kill all along.  Would I be correct in my assumption? 

What we can verify is that autopsies, including the official one conducted by Hennepin County, showed Floyd was killed because Chauvin kept pressure on Floyd's neck that prevented him from breathing, and the death was ruled a homicide.

We can’t verify whether drugs or heart issues contributed to Floyd’s death, but we can verify that three medical examiners ruled his death a homicide

https://www.king5.com/article/news/verify/chauvin-trial-drugs-heart-george-floyd-death/507-79911bcd-3cbe-44ee-8e44-30e00baf8010#:~:text=What we can verify is,death was ruled a homicide.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

What we can verify is that autopsies, including the official one conducted by Hennepin County, showed Floyd was killed because Chauvin kept pressure on Floyd's neck that prevented him from breathing, and the death was ruled a homicide.

We can’t verify whether drugs or heart issues contributed to Floyd’s death, but we can verify that three medical examiners ruled his death a homicide

https://www.king5.com/article/news/verify/chauvin-trial-drugs-heart-george-floyd-death/507-79911bcd-3cbe-44ee-8e44-30e00baf8010#:~:text=What we can verify is,death was ruled a homicide.

Next step?  Intent. 

23 minutes ago, ALF said:

Yep. The one very subtle but material nuance here, imo, is it wasn’t death by asphyxiation (choking). My read is the restraint caused him to have a heart attack. 

Still a homicide either way, but that subtly might matter with regard to which type of murder he is convicted of. 

17 hours ago, Beast said:

About as much background as the actresses had to testify about Alar to Congress.

On 4/1/2021 at 4:44 PM, T&C said:

Layman's question here but, why was Chauvin fired instead of being put on administrative leave with or without pay?

Former officer Chauvin has had at least a half dozen complaints filed against him in the past few years for using excessive force. I'm guessing he was informally reprimanded by his superiors and when this went down with all of the video proof, they had no option but to fire him.

The details of one woman's arrest by Chauvin will be presented during the trial.

4 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Former officer Chauvin has had at least a half dozen complaints filed against him in the past few years for using excessive force. I'm guessing he was informally reprimanded by his superiors and when this went down with all of the video proof, they had no option but to fire him.

The details of one woman's arrest by Chauvin will be presented during the trial.

I’m curious. Were the excessive force arrests all involving black people?