Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Drugs in the system help the defense. 

Police protocol and training might help the defense as well. Hard to say. 

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Would Floyd have lost consciousness at 8:25 pm and been pronounced dead at 9:25 pm if Chauvin did not kneel on his neck?

Would Floyd have lost consciousness at 8:25pm and been pronounced dead at 9:25pm had he not resisted and if the knee to neck move was not part of the department's protocol  Keep in mind I am NOT condoning the move at all.  I'm looking at it from the juror's box. 

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well Al Sharpton is there to make sure to keep things calm regardless of the verdict.  :rolleyes:

Well Rev. Chef Jim,  can't we all be Revs?

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

We can all do whatever we want.  But Sharpton is not helping by being there and opening his yap.  

Rev. How loosely can that term be used? Was just funnin with you but really, what does one have to do to get that moniker really. Rev. T&C replying here lol.

Just now, T&C said:

Rev. How loosely can that term be used? Was just funnin with you but really, what does one have to do to get that moniker really. Rev. T&C replying here lol.

When I was younger there was a local guy who never was quite right after WWII.  We called him Rev.  Not sure why.  

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Would Floyd have lost consciousness at 8:25 pm and been pronounced dead at 9:25 pm if Chauvin did not kneel on his neck?

That’s my worry, it only takes one juror to think ‘maybe’ and it will be instant anarchy in every city across the country. 

I did learn today that he attempted a plea that would’ve resulted in a 10 year sentence. It was the first time I’d heard that. 

8 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Unlike Trump, Joe and Kamala will be able to calm and soothe those distressed with the outcome.

I'm not certain about your conclusion that riots, looting, property destruction, and attacks on people in the streets won't take place because the Biden/Harris team is going to keep a lid on any blowback of a "not guilty" or least serious charge conviction.  But they will somehow contort the outcome to blame Trump.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm not certain about your conclusion that riots, looting, property destruction, and attacks on people in the streets won't take place because the Biden/Harris team is going to keep a lid on any blowback of a "not guilty" or least serious charge conviction.  But they will somehow contort the outcome to blame Trump.  

I'm sure he was being facetious.  If they come back with a lesser charge than murder, cities will burn, period.  And I doubt even they will have the balls to pin it on Trump. 

16 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Police protocol and training might help the defense as well. Hard to say. 

Would Floyd have lost consciousness at 8:25pm and been pronounced dead at 9:25pm had he not resisted and if the knee to neck move was not part of the department's protocol  Keep in mind I am NOT condoning the move at all.  I'm looking at it from the juror's box. 

Correct Jim - officers are allowed to use deadly force only when a suspect presents an imminent danger. 

There is no reason a cop, with back up, needs to kneel on someones neck for over 9 minutes.

This guy was cuffed.

He was not a threat.

He was murdered.

• Like (+1) 1

Reading about this yesterday made me lean towards an acquittal, but after watching some scenes of the case on tv I'm leaning towards conviction. 

If I was Chauvin I would have gotten a person of color to defend me. A white male up there arguing all this stuff about how the victim was really the problem does not look good. If he had a women doing that, it would look better and be more impactful with the jury, IMO. If he had a black women defending him it would take the racist image off of him, I think. If you are on trial for your life you play every angle. 

I'll respond to any stupid replays that might be made off my comments. Well, not to all comments ;) 

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Reading about this yesterday made me lean towards an acquittal, but after watching some scenes of the case on tv I'm leaning towards conviction. 

If I was Chauvin I would have gotten a person of color to defend me. A white male up there arguing all this stuff about how the victim was really the problem does not look good. If he had a women doing that, it would look better and be more impactful with the jury, IMO. If he had a black women defending him it would take the racist image off of him, I think. If you are on trial for your life you play every angle. 

I'll respond to any stupid replays that might be made off my comments. Well, not to all comments ;) 

You’re right Tibs. You shouldn’t be, but you are. If justice is truly blind it wouldn’t matter what color anyone’s skin is in that courtroom...but sadly it probably does. 

49 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You know I might agree with you on this one Tibs, once Floydd became unresponsive and immobile Chauvin should have stopped kneeling on his head. I do not believe his intent was to kill the guy but his actions did have a direct result in Floydds death. It will be interesting to see what happens here.

6 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

You know I might agree with you on this one Tibs, once Floydd became unresponsive and immobile Chauvin should have stopped kneeling on his head. I do not believe his intent was to kill the guy but his actions did have a direct result in Floydds death. It will be interesting to see what happens here.

If his intentions weren’t to kill the guy than the officer is an idiot. You only get one chance to kill someone. Once they’re dead, they ain’t coming back. If you’ve got a bystander standing there yelling at you for minutes on end that the man is non responsive and you do nothing then what the heck ARE you doing? I have zero sympathy for the officer. But there’s also nothing systemic about this incident. At least not that I’ve seen anyway.

Edited by SoCal Deek

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

If his intentions weren’t to kill the guy than the officer is an idiot. You only get one chance to kill someone. Once they’re dead, they ain’t coming back. If you’ve got a bystander standing there yelling at you for minutes on end that the man is non responsive and you do nothing then what the heck ARE you doing? I have zero sympathy for the officer. But there’s also nothing systemic about this incident. At least not that I’ve seen anyway.

Except this officer has a history of doing this same technique without anyone dead.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Correct Jim - officers are allowed to use deadly force only when a suspect presents an imminent danger. 

There is no reason a cop, with back up, needs to kneel on someones neck for over 9 minutes.

This guy was cuffed.

He was not a threat.

He was murdered.

Why did he murder him?   Let’s use you brain and reason a little bit.  What do you think was going on inside his mind that said “I’m going to kill this man!”  

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Why did he murder him?   Let’s use you brain and reason a little bit.  What do you think was going on inside his mind that said “I’m going to kill this man!”  

I'm not a psychologist but it does not matter:

9+ minutes - face down - in cuffs - surrounded by officers - no matter what this guy did leading up to his death - he was not in a position to cause harm on anyone.

• Like (+1) 2