What do you think of these Bills concept helmets?

9 minutes ago, mnofdichotomy said:

So I just signed into my account here for the first time since 2009 or so.  My family and I live in Wisconsin; born and raised here.  But we lived in Buffalo from 2003-2009.  Growing up a Packers fan, I can tell you that Bills fans and Packers fans are cut from the same cloth.  We moved back home, but still love Buffalo and have friends there.  So what prompted this?  The helmets you folks are talking about... Roughing The Passer is the name of the blog... Is me and my kids.  Out town has been pretty much shut down by COvID since summer, along with the bar I own, so we decided to spend that time on this thing, pretending to be sports writers.  It kind of evolved into this helmet thing,  So for those who said it looks like kids made them... it's all good; they did.  My youngest was incredibly excited this morning because somehow he could see that we were getting a ton of traffic from a Bills page, and when I saw it was this one, I wondered if my account still worked.  So thank you to everyone who took a look.  We don't take ourselves seriously; we know most of them are ridiculous.  I won't say it's parody, because we actually loved a lot of the ones we spit out.  And I had to say... that comment up there about the LSD.... dear god.  I literally sprayed my coffee all over the damn counter when I read that.  Oh... and Josh Allen is a beast.  Just saying.  Take care, Bills Mafia.  And thanks for making mine and my kids' day.

My sincerest hope is that your bar and your town can bounce back. Very happy that we brought some joy and laughs to you and your kids! 

1 hour ago, mnofdichotomy said:

So I just signed into my account here for the first time since 2009 or so.  My family and I live in Wisconsin; born and raised here.  But we lived in Buffalo from 2003-2009.  Growing up a Packers fan, I can tell you that Bills fans and Packers fans are cut from the same cloth.  We moved back home, but still love Buffalo and have friends there.  So what prompted this?  The helmets you folks are talking about... Roughing The Passer is the name of the blog... Is me and my kids.  Out town has been pretty much shut down by COvID since summer, along with the bar I own, so we decided to spend that time on this thing, pretending to be sports writers.  It kind of evolved into this helmet thing,  So for those who said it looks like kids made them... it's all good; they did.  My youngest was incredibly excited this morning because somehow he could see that we were getting a ton of traffic from a Bills page, and when I saw it was this one, I wondered if my account still worked.  So thank you to everyone who took a look.  We don't take ourselves seriously; we know most of them are ridiculous.  I won't say it's parody, because we actually loved a lot of the ones we spit out.  And I had to say... that comment up there about the LSD.... dear god.  I literally sprayed my coffee all over the damn counter when I read that.  Oh... and Josh Allen is a beast.  Just saying.  Take care, Bills Mafia.  And thanks for making mine and my kids' day.

I actually came across this while browsing the Seahawks fan forum. I probably should have given more context when posting (my bad everyone), because I did see that it was a project you had done with your kids. I think they did a great job although some of the designs....were not for me. 

I feel like I touched a nerve a little with this thread, and that certainly wasn't intended. I can respect the reaction for the reason that the Bills have a cool set of colours and I see how fans could be a little defensive about it.

As a dad homeschooling his 4 year old, kudos to you and your family for the effort.

Edited by Seoulofstone

Knowing the story behind this - a family and their kids having fun during the pandemic - I'm going to embrace this more than I would have had I not known this fact.  Some clever ideas, for sure.  The Bills have a great color scheme and logo, so it's pretty difficult to improve upon it.  I prefer their current scheme/logo to all of these, but I like the creativity!

• Like (+1) 1

I primarily fault myself for starting this clearly unwelcome thread without proper context and explanation. Honestly I was just sick to death of draft talk and genuinely thought it would raise the odd chuckle. Obviously I was mistaken.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised in the social media age, that so many people have such visceral reactions to a few pictures of alternative helmet logos.

Anyway sorry if I upset people.

Lock it up mods.