Jarran Reed to sign with Chiefs

56 minutes ago, H2o said:

Zerovoltz

I like the move.  6.5 sacks last year.  10.5 in 2018.

What this actually does is allow KC to move ChrisJones out to end on passing downs.  They did a lot of this in the 2019 AFCCG vat he Titans and it was effective.  

adds depth as well.

It’s a one year deal.  Mahomes is still relatively cheap.  (Tannehill has a higher cap hit this year than Mahomes)

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

People freaking out about the Chiefs signing a DT like it's the final nail in our coffin :lol: :rolleyes:

Some are sarcastic, some are trolling and some are really freaking out like they always do.

I'm waiting until the final rosters to see what changes happened to make a comparison.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Some are sarcastic, some are trolling and some are really freaking out like they always do.

I'm waiting until the final rosters to see what changes happened to make a comparison.

Agreed...but there is a legitimate cause for concern. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, H2o said:

People freaking out about the Chiefs signing a DT like it's the final nail in our coffin :lol: :rolleyes:

I think it’s more people being sad that the best team in the conference is making power moves this offseason.  While the Bills had 2 major points of emphasis to improve on:  bolstering our pass rush and our run game.

what have we done to improve our pass rush:  sign Efe Obada to a minimum contract. Get star back. 

what have we done to improve our run game:  add Matt Breida.  Hope that Cody Ford and Feliciano being healthy at the same time will make a difference

Resigning our free agents was a plus and Beane did a good job signing some nice cheap pieces (Sanders, breida, Obada, haack, mckenzie, Jones, Levi).....but I would’ve liked a little more change.  

I hope the difference making changes will come in the draft and more so in our schemes and play calling.  Maybe Beane still has a little warlock magic up his sleeve in free agency

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

A lot of fans are comfortable with just being really good and maybe lucking into an SB win at some point. Those who really want to go for it, like KC and TB are, are concerned, because it appears we're not going for it.

I love this team, but I am just calling it how I see it. Some of us view things through a different lens, but I know what I saw during the Chiefs and the "Colts" Game. Sure, we are going to score a ton of points during the regular season, but teams are improving and on to us now. Not only do we need DE help, we also need secondary help, LB help and of course a running game and or scheme changes.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Agreed...but there is a legitimate cause for concern. 

If you want to see concern look at KC's OL.  If those players were the Bills OL this board would melt down.

I asked multiple poster about this (ones who keep talking about who improved or not) and got zero answers back.

Like I said I'll wait until the end to make my evaluation.

Sort by position.....

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/cap/

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If you want to see concern look at KC's OL.  If those players were the Bills OL this board would melt down.

I asked multiple poster about this (ones who keep talking about who improved or not) and got zero answers back.

Like I said I'll wait until the end to make my evaluation.

Sort by position.....

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/cap/

That line seemed fine during that game. Besides Mahomes, there were holes and room to run. The Bills spent the entire second half chasing around red jerseys! The Bills speed did not look good either.

16 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

That line seemed fine during that game. Besides Mahomes, there were holes and room to run. The Bills spent the entire second half chasing around red jerseys! The Bills speed did not look good either.

Since that game the Chiefs cut both of their starting OTs (Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz).

Neither of them played in the SB where Tampa abused Mahomes

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah we have not added much to improve our D line, but I feel like everyone is forgetting about that girthy fella that opted out last year and will be returning this year, it was obvious we suffered do to his loss last year and feel like we will see a much improved defense this year with his presence.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

No worries! We will snag an OG in the 5th round who goes All Pro as a rookie, the balance will shift! Have faith! We can run for 250 yards any game we want. 

Maybe. 

Aahhhhh remember those days that we could run all over just about any defense that was in front of us but could barely hit 200 yards passing? Good times lol

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Since that game the Chiefs cut both of their starting OTs (Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz)

Schwartz didn’t play in either game.  Just say in.  

Im not going to pretend it’s good KC has lost both tackles. It’s not.  It sucks and it’s significant.  

I would say that there is a reasonable chance the line comes out of this rebuild, better than it was.  Outside of Schwartz, this wasn’t a good line anyhow.  

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Since that game the Chiefs cut both of their starting OTs (Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz).

Neither of them played in the SB where Tampa abused Mahomes

Yes...the Bucs did abuse the remainder of that line. The Chiefs still have their work cut for them too!

4 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Schwartz didn’t play in either game.  Just say in.  

No, but they hadn't completely reshuffled the deck.  They were playing the line they had been playing, not 3 different guys out of position.

4 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Im not going to pretend it’s good KC has lost both tackles. It’s not.  It sucks and it’s significant.  

I would say that there is a reasonable chance the line comes out of this rebuild, better than it was.  Outside of Schwartz, this wasn’t a good line anyhow.  

So I haven't followed every move, Zero.  What does the KC starting OL look like to be at this point?

So I haven't followed every move, Zero.  What does the KC starting OL look like to be at this point?

It’s not complete but as of now:

LT?

LG Thuney

C?

RG Long or Wylie

RT Niang

Remmers as back up

i suspect Long will win the RG job because Wylie is more versatile as a backup G/T but not a high end player.  

The DR will be back as far as we know, he wasn’t playing well before covid season, have no idea what he will look like.  I’m not counting on him making the team.  IF he surprises and looks good, he could start at LG and Thuney could be C, but that’s a real long shot and I think they really don’t want Thuney at C

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

It’s not complete but as of now:

LT?

LG Thuney

C?

RG Long or Wylie

RT Niang

Remmers as back up

i suspect Long will win the RG job because Wylie is more versatile as a backup G/T but not a high end player.  

The DR will be back as far as we know, he wasn’t playing well before covid season, have no idea what he will look like.  I’m not counting on him making the team.  IF he surprises and looks good, he could start at LG and Thuney could be C, but that’s a real long shot and I think they really don’t want Thuney at C

Who is "The DR"?

LT and C are some pretty big holes.  What's the plan there?

Who is "The DR"?

LT and C are some pretty big holes.  What's the plan there?

Oh.  Sorry.  Dr Laurent Dunarney-Tardiff MD.  Played G  for KC dirung SB season and prior.  Opted out for covid to go back to Canada where he is from to serve in hospital to take care of covid patients 

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

Oh.  Sorry.  Dr Laurent Dunarney-Tardiff MD.  Played G  for KC dirung SB season and prior.  Opted out for covid to go back to Canada where he is from to serve in hospital to take care of covid patients 

I know who Duvarney-Tardiff is and what he's been doing.  Just the reference "The DR" was puzzling to me.

You didn't answer my other question:  C and LT are some pretty big holes heading into the draft.  What's the plan?

39 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Well said.... I would’ve been fine with all these moves if they lost a close hard fought game with the Chiefs(even on both occasions), but they got dominated in both match ups.....not sure why they expect that to change when they haven’t made any significant changes. 

If Beane doesn’t have anything else up his free agency sleeper, the coaching staff is gonna have to go back to the drawing board and do work.  It can be done 

• Like (+1) 1