Jarran Reed to sign with Chiefs

On 4/1/2021 at 11:14 AM, GunnerBill said:

Because what I saw of him outside in college he struggled with play recognition in pure zone and then had a tendency to get grabby in any sort of press or man look. So much so that Louisiana Tech moved him to safety his senior year. I think he is much better inside amongst the traffic where he can use his aggressive instincts to make plays than outside in space where he needs to be more of a complete player. He is a young player and maybe he develops into a great NFL outside corner down the line..... but as I say, he needs to convince me of that. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redrafting-the-2020-nfl-draft-justin-herbert-picked-by-bengals-justin-jefferson-lands-with-lions/

CBS Sports has him as the second defensive player taken in a redraft, 7th overall.

12 minutes ago, Billl said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redrafting-the-2020-nfl-draft-justin-herbert-picked-by-bengals-justin-jefferson-lands-with-lions/

CBS Sports has him as the second defensive player taken in a redraft, 7th overall.

Good for CBS sports. He had a very good rookie year. But you never take a nickel corner 7th overall. He still has to prove he can play outside in the league. I think he can be serviceable there. But you think he can be a star there. That is your opinion. I just disagree. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Good for CBS sports. He had a very good rookie year. But you never take a nickel corner 7th overall. He still has to prove he can play outside in the league. I think he can be serviceable there. But you think he can be a star there. That is your opinion. I just disagree. 

It will depend on which rules they play by...

On 4/3/2021 at 2:08 AM, Zerovoltz said:

I don't think I'd quite put it this way.

how much depth do you think is reasonable.

KC starting line in SB was 

THIRD STRING LT

2nd STRING LG

1st STRING C

2nd STRING RG

THIRD STRING RT

We were down to our 3rd guys at tackle....and 2nds at both G spots...that means were down .........SIX lineman....I'm not sure how much more DEPTH a team can carry on the Oline.....can't think of many teams who actively have 4th string O linemen ready to go on short notice.

You made it to the super bowl......so no justification needed

BUT

At that time of the season injuries play a big deal......we got to the AFC Championship on the backs of Josh and our receivers......we didnt have a single wide receiver going into that game that was not injured

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/28/2021 at 8:36 PM, HappyDays said:

Is Jarran Reed really that good that we should be panicking over the move? He is a solid run defender but that's about it. It wouldn't have made any sense for us to sign him.

ya but..., some folk really love the panic button, I don’t think they can help themselves, 😁

On 4/3/2021 at 5:49 AM, GunnerBill said:

Yea it was two years ago they took Williams and when they finally got him on the field he did okay. He was fine, he can play in the NFL. But when you have the chance to get a prospect as good as Sewell at the position, passing because you have Riley Reiff who two other teams have moved on from because he is serviceable but not the long term answer to anything and Williams who could easily slide inside to guard (which is how a lot of teams saw him coming out) or play at right tackle would be high level idiocy. 

I get that Joey Burrow and Chase have a relationship. But he worked up a pretty nice relationship with Tee Higgins in their 8 games together last year too. It might be because I was always higher on Higgins than the consensus last year but I think he can a #1 receiver. I don't think Williams or Reiff can be a franchise left tackle. 

I def agree,  if they pass on sewell not even sure I have the words for how idiotic it would be,  also agree about Higgins, I had him rated higher too and believe him to be a legit #1, of course I am of the belief that teams need more than just a #1 in todays league, you really need two #1's(or at least another serious receiving option/speed), much like a DLine where you need at least two guys so the offense can't just double a guy all day.

On 4/3/2021 at 5:09 AM, Zerovoltz said:

While on this subject....kind of related....what would your thougts be if the Bills spent a chunk of draft capital to go up high for something prime like Sewell?  We know the Bills aren't opposed to wheeling and dealing on draft day?

Also something to consider.....When KC obtained Frank Clark in a trade....there were a good number of fans who didn't like spending the draft capital on that trade...I was not one of them.

My point is....the Bills are good....they are going to be good for a while.  You'll be picking down in the late 20's and 30's most years now....

I personally am ALL IN for KC to just move first round picks for big trades to the top of the draft OR for proven players....the payoff at 28-32 doesn't seem equal to what you can trade for....just my opinion.

......and so you get an Orlando Brown.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2021 at 11:39 AM, GunnerBill said:

Made the list of the top 100 players in the NFL.  Not bad for a “nickel corner”.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/top-100-nfl-players-of-2021-patrick-mahomes-holds-on-to-no-1-spot-josh-allen-rockets-into-top-10/

Edited by Billl

On 3/28/2021 at 8:20 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Chiefs are building the interior OL and DL. Bills have not improved these areas. Not good.

They're hoping development is the improvement. I just don't see it happening.

The return of Lotulelei and Ford should help up-front . They signed 3 veteran free agents for the OL and brought in 3 rookies. Defensively, they added Obada,Rousseau and Basham. Not all "interior" but Bills did address both lines.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1