Jarran Reed to sign with Chiefs

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He is a chiefs fan, why would you expect different

Some fans can see things objectively. Some fan don’t.  Clearly

5 minutes ago, Billl said:

Were the receivers all hurt in October when Allen threw for 122 yards?  Was it the pass rush when Josh didn’t get sacked a single time?

Sneed locked Diggs down in the playoffs.  He got concussed, and Diggs literally caught passes on the next 2 plays.  Sneed got hurt on the last drive of the 4th quarter.  When he went out, Diggs had 12 yards receiving in 42:13 of game time.  After Sneed left, he had 4 catches for 65 yards in the final 17:47.  The pass rush didn’t change.  The guy covering him did.

Yeah, the best CB in the league, Sneed.  We all heard it hear first.  The best corner in the league.  😂

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Billl said:

Were the receivers all hurt in October when Allen threw for 122 yards?  Was it the pass rush when Josh didn’t get sacked a single time?

Sneed locked Diggs down in the playoffs.  He got concussed, and Diggs literally caught passes on the next 2 plays.  Sneed got hurt on the last drive of the 4th quarter.  When he went out, Diggs had 12 yards receiving in 42:13 of game time.  After Sneed left, he had 4 catches for 65 yards in the final 17:47.  The pass rush didn’t change.  The guy covering him did.

Josh was not sacked in that first game but he was still pressured A LOT. He wasn't sacked because he is Josh freaking Allen. The oline got beaten up against the Chiefs twice. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Way to cherry pick and not mention the other three reasons I gave.....but that was expected at this point.  Carry on with your agenda filled nonsense.  

funny that you seem to like and agree with every one of my posts that is pro KC.....but the second that I post something that doesn’t the the chiefs greatness, you resort to agenda posting.  

So your contention is that the Chiefs blew out the Bills because the refs and injured WRs?  What about the first game where the Chiefs were called for twice as many penalties and twice as many yards as Buffalo yet held them to 122 yards passing?

I said that Diggs is elite and the rest of the receiving corps is a bunch of JAGs.  Beasley is a solid possession receiver who just had a career year.  He deserves better than being called JAG, but the context of the conversation was whether Buffalo should draft a WR, and I was responding to someone saying that no rookie could make the roster.  If Beasley and Sanders were 22 and 24 instead of 32 and 34, he may have had a point. The idea that those two players should factor into the team’s long term strategy is laughable.

Whether you think the Chiefs are great or not, the road to the Super Bowl has gone through Kansas City 3 years in a row, and they’re the odds on favorite in Vegas next year as well.  Maybe I’m just blind, but I think it’s odd that Bills fans can watch the 2 games they played last year and come away thinking that Buffalo is set at WR and KC is weak at CB.  

Tampa Bay destroyed the Kansas City offensive line in the Super Bowl.  Kansas City has responded by literally replacing all 5 starters on the o-line.  Buffalo threw for 400 yards combined in 2 games against Kansas City, swapped out Sanders for Brown, and posters literally don’t think there’s room on the roster for a rookie WR in a historically loaded draft.

Edited by Billl
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Billl said:

So your contention is that the Chiefs blew out the Bills because the refs and injured WRs?  What about the first game where the Chiefs were called for twice as many penalties and twice as many yards as Buffalo yet held them to 122 yards passing?

I said that Diggs is elite and the rest of the receiving corps is a bunch of JAGs.  Beasley is a solid possession receiver who just had a career year.  He deserves better than being called JAG, but the context of the conversation was whether Buffalo should draft a WR, and I was responding to someone saying that no rookie could make the roster.  If Beasley and Sanders were 22 and 24 instead of 32 and 34, he may have had a point. The idea that those two players should factor into the team’s long term strategy is laughable.

Whether you think the Chiefs are great or not, the road to the Super Bowl has gone through Kansas City 3 years in a row, and they’re the odds on favorite in Vegas next year as well.  Maybe I’m just blind, but I think it’s odd that Bills fans can watch the 2 games they played last year and come away thinking that Buffalo is set at WR and KC is weak at CB.  

Tampa Bay destroyed the Kansas City offensive line in the Super Bowl.  Kansas City has responded by literally replacing all 5 starters on the o-line.  Buffalo threw for 400 yards combined in 2 games against Kansas City, swapped out Sanders for Brown, and posters literally don’t think there’s room on the roster for a rookie WR in a historically loaded draft.

No.  That’s not my contention at all.  We weren’t discussing the reasons we lost......were we? You know the answer, you’re just spinning the debate.  

Our inability to run, allowing sparano to go buck wild with pressure couple with our bad offensive playcalling was the biggest reason we lost.  Our offense was amazing last season and Sparano dominated Daboll by daring him to run.  KC dialed up the heat, our OL and Daboll didn’t adjust according.  Having 4 injured WRs didn’t help the cause, having to get open in 1.5 seconds on every drop back is a daunting task.....even more daunting when the WRs are hurt.  Injuries can have a negative effect on players performances, if you didn’t know.  The refs allowing your DBs to play extra physical all game didn’t help.  Not a main reason we lost, just another block in the wall.

The 2nd biggest reason we lost is because your offense is amazing.  Our defense, while not great, was led into the game by a terrible game plan.  Another coaching failure.  

Game plans can have a huge effect on the outcome of a football game.  In both bills vs KC games last year, game plans weighed heavily into how the games played out. More heavily than in most games.  

Great coaching, bad coaching, chris Jones, mahomes, Kelce, Hill are the reasons the chiefs blew out the bills.  I’m fairly sure that you “agreed” to that when I posted it in several other threads in the past.  Or maybe it was another chiefs fan that pays so close attention to the Bills message board during the offseason.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No.  That’s not my contention at all.  We weren’t discussing the reasons we lost......were we? You know the answer, you’re just spinning the debate.  

Our inability to run, allowing sparano to go buck wild with pressure couple with our bad offensive playcalling was the biggest reason we lost.  Our offense was amazing last season and Sparano dominated Daboll by daring him to run.  KC dialed up the heat, our OL and Daboll didn’t adjust according.  Having 4 injured WRs didn’t help the cause, having to get open in 1.5 seconds on every drop back is a daunting task.....even more daunting when the WRs are hurt.  Injuries can have a negative effect on players performances, if you didn’t know.  The refs allowing your DBs to play extra physical all game didn’t help.  Not a main reason we lost, just another block in the wall.

The 2nd biggest reason we lost is because your offense is amazing.  Our defense, while not great, was led into the game by a terrible game plan.  Another coaching failure.  

Game plans can have a huge effect on the outcome of a football game.  In both bills vs KC games last year, game plans weighed heavily into how the games played out. More heavily than in most games.  

Great coaching, bad coaching, chris Jones, mahomes, Kelce, Hill are the reasons the chiefs blew out the bills.  I’m fairly sure that you “agreed” to that when I posted it in several other threads in the past.  Or maybe it was another chiefs fan that pays so close attention to the Bills message board during the offseason.  

I don’t think we’re that far apart in our assessments.  The main difference between us seems to be that you think the Bills WRs are better than I do and that the Kansas City CBs are worse than I do.  You also seem to think more highly of the KC pass rushers than I do.

After watching both of those games about 20 times each, my takeaway is that the Chiefs secondary matched up very well against the Bills WRs and TEs.  Spagnuolo was comfortable enough with his secondary to blitz over and over without fear of being burned.  Kansas City failed to generate consistent pressure without blitzing all year long.  This wasn’t a secret, and Daboll isn’t an idiot.  Buffalo’s WRs simply couldn’t win against this supposedly weak secondary...for the second time in two games...until Sneed went out.

If I’m a Bills fan (and I am when they’re not playing the Chiefs), I’m pounding the table for speed at the skill positions.  As much as I respect what Beane has done, I sometimes wonder if a sprinter screwed his wife.  He seems to hate speed at skill positions.  Diggs is plenty fast but not a burner.  Beyond that, he’s brought in Beasley, Sanders, Singletary, Moss, and Hodgins.  They’re all talented guys, but they aren’t winning any relay races.  Add in Knox at the TE position, and I see one true weapon surrounded by a pretty mediocre cast.  I just don’t see that collection of skill players going into Arrowhead and putting up 5 TDs unless Josh goes full on Superman (which is always a possibility).

20 minutes ago, Billl said:

I don’t think we’re that far apart in our assessments.  The main difference between us seems to be that you think the Bills WRs are better than I do and that the Kansas City CBs are worse than I do.  You also seem to think more highly of the KC pass rushers than I do.

After watching both of those games about 20 times each, my takeaway is that the Chiefs secondary matched up very well against the Bills WRs and TEs.  Spagnuolo was comfortable enough with his secondary to blitz over and over without fear of being burned.  Kansas City failed to generate consistent pressure without blitzing all year long.  This wasn’t a secret, and Daboll isn’t an idiot.  Buffalo’s WRs simply couldn’t win against this supposedly weak secondary...for the second time in two games...until Sneed went out.

If I’m a Bills fan (and I am when they’re not playing the Chiefs), I’m pounding the table for speed at the skill positions.  As much as I respect what Beane has done, I sometimes wonder if a sprinter screwed his wife.  He seems to hate speed at skill positions.  Diggs is plenty fast but not a burner.  Beyond that, he’s brought in Beasley, Sanders, Singletary, Moss, and Hodgins.  They’re all talented guys, but they aren’t winning any relay races.  Add in Knox at the TE position, and I see one true weapon surrounded by a pretty mediocre cast.  I just don’t see that collection of skill players going into Arrowhead and putting up 5 TDs unless Josh goes full on Superman (which is always a possibility).

We need more speed on O.  No question.  Speed isn’t the only thing that that wins on O.  Which tampa WR has the speed that our WRs don’t have?  The chiefs had no speed.  They beat you with scheme and coaching on O  

in our matchups, coaching was the biggest factor.  Our coordinators allowed you to play dime against our banged up WRs.  Beasley had a broken leg btw.  He wasn’t just hobbled.  

If you watched the game 20 times, you’d have seen Feliciano getting manhandled by Jones the entire game.  You may not think your DL played a big role, but it did.  Blitzing played a bigger role and again, you were able to blitz the entire game

because our play calling allowed it.  Our injured WRs not being able to get open in under 2 secs helped the cause and the refs allowing your DBs to grab and hold all game  was the icing on top.  It was the perfect storm on D to go along with one of the best Os in the league doin what they do best 

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

If you watched the game 20 times, you’d have seen Feliciano getting manhandled by Jones the entire game.  You may not think your DL played a big role, but it did.  Blitzing played a bigger role and again, you were able to blitz the entire game

because our play calling allowed it.  Our injured WRs not being able to get open in under 2 secs helped the cause and the refs allowing your DBs to grab and hold all game  was the icing on top.  It was the perfect storm on D to go along with one of the best Os in the league doin what they do best 

They won both games against the Bills up front. I think he is right that generally Kansas City's defensive front was not fearsome last year. It is also true that Buffalo's pass protection was generally good last year. But this is a matchup league and in both of those games the Bills oline was totally overmatched. When we are beyond the draft I intend to go back to the All22 of those two games and try and work out exactly what Spags was able to do that gave us so much trouble. But Josh barely had a clean pocket in two games against them.

On 4/2/2021 at 2:22 AM, GunnerBill said:

They won both games against the Bills up front. I think he is right that generally Kansas City's defensive front was not fearsome last year. It is also true that Buffalo's pass protection was generally good last year. But this is a matchup league and in both of those games the Bills oline was totally overmatched. When we are beyond the draft I intend to go back to the All22 of those two games and try and work out exactly what Spags was able to do that gave us so much trouble. But Josh barely had a clean pocket in two games against them.

This is what most of my assement between KC and Buf is about.....

I've said before...and I stand by it....  The way the Bills were built in 2020, it just wasn't a good matchup VS KC.....KC strong VS WR in the passing game.  WEAK VS TE's and RB's in the passing game.  Buffalo threw to WR more than any team in the NFL (if not it's at damn near the top)  

....it's the same thing in reverse when KC played the Radiers last year....Raider have a horrible pass rush..but somehow, gave KC fits....and in the passing game...the Raiders KILL the Chiefs with a steady diet of passes to the TE and backs out of the backfield....

In the Super Bowl...among many KC failures....was also a good gameplan by TB to go to Gronk and the backs early and often.  TB stayed in heavy formations, keeping KC's CRAP LB group on the field and exposing it.  the TB WR didn't do much of anything...but they didn't have to.

It's a mathcup leauge.  

Also...not worth starting anohther thread.....but I am predicting KC makes a major trade up to get a OT

Sewell might make it to the early teens

Consider the following:

1. JAX.  QB

2. NYJ  QB

3. SF    QB

4.  ATL  ....here I am reasonably sure the Falcons go with Kyle Pitts.

5.  CIN  ....This is the wild card.  There are alot of people who think Sewell goes here...but alot who also think this is JaMarr Chase.  Cincy has a 1st Round OT from last year....I am thinking they replace A J Green with Chase here.  LSU connection to boot.

6.  Miami...got their LT last year...also looking for WR...DeVonta....

7.  Detroit.. This is another Wild Wild card.  They could trade out...they could go QB....they might even go LT....or they could take a defender.  Truly this spot could go all kinds of directions.  Most mocks don't have them going OT....some have QB....I gotta think if they like the QB here..they take a QB.   Let's call that Fields for the sake of this exercsie.

8.  Carolina.  Depending on what QB is around at this spot...Carolina will take one.  I think they are good with any of the big 5 that are here.  for this exercise let's give them Lance.

9 Denver.  Denver just extended their All Pro left tackle...and they are paying JuJuan James a bunch of money on the right side....they need LB badly.  Parson is the pick here.

10.  Dalls is going CB

11.  The Giants have a GM that isn't much into trades...and likes trench guys.  This might be OT...but they have a big hole at CB....alot of mocks show this as CB.

12.  Philly.

11-12 are the trade up spots because the Chargers at 13 and the Vikings at 14 would be in the OT market for sure.  

Anyhow...IF it plays out that those guys are still on the board....KC will make the call and send a kings ransom to someone up here.  

I'm calling it.

A little less bold...but If Darrisaw is floating around the teens/early 20's ...KC will move up for that guy as well if they can't get Sewell.  They might move on up some for Cosmi as well

KC will probalby target 

1. Sewell

2. Darrisaw

3.  Cosmi.  

Edited by Zerovoltz
Added some more information.

On 4/1/2021 at 12:33 PM, Rc2catch said:

Didn’t know we had this many chief fans on here. They do everything perfect. We do everything wrong. Gonna be a long season

There are some posters on here that are definitely not Bills fans. Sad thing is they masquerade as Bills fans but point out only negative things. The one posting in this thread now is actually a Pats fan I think. You can really tell who isn’t a Bills fan, because when the Bills win and are doing great they do not post. 
The Chefs are far from perfect. Tampa crushed them, it wasn’t even a game. Mostly because the Chefs had zero depth at oline. I think if you do a good look at their roster you will find this is the case, not much depth. So they cross their fingers and hope for minimal injuries in non key spots. That’s what you have to do when you carry expensive contracts for a handful of players. It might work out. 

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

There are some posters on here that are definitely not Bills fans. Sad thing is they masquerade as Bills fans but point out only negative things. The one posting in this thread now is actually a Pats fan I think. You can really tell who isn’t a Bills fan, because when the Bills win and are doing great they do not post. 
The Chefs are far from perfect. Tampa crushed them, it wasn’t even a game. Mostly because the Chefs had zero depth at oline. I think if you do a good look at their roster you will find this is the case, not much depth. So they cross their fingers and hope for minimal injuries in non key spots. That’s what you have to do when you carry expensive contracts for a handful of players. It might work out. 

I don't think I'd quite put it this way.

how much depth do you think is reasonable.

KC starting line in SB was 

THIRD STRING LT

2nd STRING LG

1st STRING C

2nd STRING RG

THIRD STRING RT

We were down to our 3rd guys at tackle....and 2nds at both G spots...that means were down .........SIX lineman....I'm not sure how much more DEPTH a team can carry on the Oline.....can't think of many teams who actively have 4th string O linemen ready to go on short notice.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Also...not worth starting anohther thread.....but I am predicting KC makes a major trade up to get a OT

One of Penai Sewell or Rashawn Slater is going to make it to 10-12....maybe even both.

Consider the following:

1. JAX.  QB

2. NYJ  QB

3. SF    QB

4.  ATL  ....here I am reasonably sure the Falcons go with Kyle Pitts.

5.  CIN  ....This is the wild card.  There are alot of people who think Sewell goes here...but alot who also think this is JaMarr Chase.  Cincy has a 1st Round OT from last year....I am thinking they replace A J Green with Chase here.  LSU connection to boot.

6.  Miami...got their LT last year...also looking for WR...DeVonta....

7.  Detroit.. This is another Wild Wild card.  They could trade out...they could go QB....they might even go LT....or they could take a defender.  Truly this spot could go all kinds of directions.  Most mocks don't have them going OT....some have QB....I gotta think if they like the QB here..they take a QB.   Let's call that Fields for the sake of this exercsie.

8.  Carolina.  Depending on what QB is around at this spot...Carolina will take one.  I think they are good with any of the big 5 that are here.  for this exercise let's give them Lance.

9 Denver.  Denver just extended their All Pro left tackle...and they are paying JuJuan James a bunch of money on the right side....they need LB badly.  Parson is the pick here.

10.  Dalls is going CB

11.  The Giants have a GM that isn't much into trades...and likes trench guys.  This might be OT...but they have a big hole at CB....alot of mocks show this as CB.

12.  Philly.

11-12 are the trade up spots because the Chargers at 13 and the Vikings at 14 would be in the OT market for sure.  

Anyhow...IF it plays out that those guys are still on the board....KC will make the call and send a kings ransom to someone up here.  

I'm calling it.

If Cincinnati pass on Penei Sewell they will regret it for a decade. I agree though that there is a chance they do. Because they are the worst run franchise in the NFL. I have said it before and say it again.... with the passage of time people will look back on Marvin Lewis's run there with more fondness than they did at the time. It is the only period since the late 80s that they have been relevant. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

If Cincinnati pass on Penei Sewell they will regret it for a decade. I agree though that there is a chance they do. Because they are the worst run franchise in the NFL. I have said it before and say it again.... with the passage of time people will look back on Marvin Lewis's run there with more fondness than they did at the time. It is the only period since the late 80s that they have been relevant. 

I don't want to tell you how stupidly happy I might be on draft day if Sewell is not taken with the 5th pick....it opens the door to alot of possibilities.

The Bengals are EXACTLY the kind of team who will screw this up too.  .....they took a 1st round LT...way too high, in Jonah Williams and they signed Reilly Rieff...I can almost hear their war room now ...."we are good at OT....let's get Burrow his boy from LSU to be our no.1 WR"

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I don't want to tell you how stupidly happy I might be on draft day if Sewell is not taken with the 5th pick....it opens the door to alot of possibilities.

The Bengals are EXACTLY the kind of team who will screw this up too.  .....they took a 1st round LT...way too high, in Jonah Williams and they signed Reilly Rieff...I can almost hear their war room now ...."we are good at OT....let's get Burrow his boy from LSU to be our no.1 WR"

Yea it was two years ago they took Williams and when they finally got him on the field he did okay. He was fine, he can play in the NFL. But when you have the chance to get a prospect as good as Sewell at the position, passing because you have Riley Reiff who two other teams have moved on from because he is serviceable but not the long term answer to anything and Williams who could easily slide inside to guard (which is how a lot of teams saw him coming out) or play at right tackle would be high level idiocy. 

I get that Joey Burrow and Chase have a relationship. But he worked up a pretty nice relationship with Tee Higgins in their 8 games together last year too. It might be because I was always higher on Higgins than the consensus last year but I think he can a #1 receiver. I don't think Williams or Reiff can be a franchise left tackle. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea it was two years ago they took Williams and when they finally got him on the field he did okay. He was fine, he can play in the NFL. But when you have the chance to get a prospect as good as Sewell at the position, passing because you have Riley Reiff who two other teams have moved on from because he is serviceable but not the long term answer to anything and Williams who could easily slide inside to guard (which is how a lot of teams saw him coming out) or play at right tackle would be high level idiocy. 

I get that Joey Burrow and Chase have a relationship. But he worked up a pretty nice relationship with Tee Higgins in their 8 games together last year too. It might be because I was always higher on Higgins than the consensus last year but I think he can a #1 receiver. I don't think Williams or Reiff can be a franchise left tackle. 

I agree with everything you are saying here.....but I think we both agree that since we are talking about the Bengals, they'll find a way to do the WRONG thing.

I like Tee Higgins alot as a no.1....and I completely agree that given what they have on their line and the investment they have in Burrow (who I think is good) you'd be crazy not to get Sewell....but again....Bengals...I wan the Begnals to just Bengal like they do more often than not...and I do think there is a good chance they are seriously considering Chase at 5.

While on this subject....kind of related....what would your thougts be if the Bills spent a chunk of draft capital to go up high for something prime like Sewell?  We know the Bills aren't opposed to wheeling and dealing on draft day?

Also something to consider.....When KC obtained Frank Clark in a trade....there were a good number of fans who didn't like spending the draft capital on that trade...I was not one of them.

KC sent pick 29 in that years draft (2019) , plus a 2nd in the draft the year after (2020)

I was not opposed to it that year.  2019 didn't have a good edge rusher class....and Seattle used the 29th pick from KC to draft L J Collier out of TCU.  That is about where he was projected to go....he has 3 total sacks in 3 seasons.

Clark wasn't very good last year, but in 2019, he was playing at a pretty high level and showed up in big games.  He was a good piece on a SB winning roster.

My point is....the Bills are good....they are going to be good for a while.  You'll be picking down in the late 20's and 30's most years now....

I personally am ALL IN for KC to just move first round picks for big trades to the top of the draft OR for proven players....the payoff at 28-32 doesn't seem equal to what you can trade for....just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

I don't think I'd quite put it this way.

how much depth do you think is reasonable.

KC starting line in SB was 

THIRD STRING LT

2nd STRING LG

1st STRING C

2nd STRING RG

THIRD STRING RT

We were down to our 3rd guys at tackle....and 2nds at both G spots...that means were down .........SIX lineman....I'm not sure how much more DEPTH a team can carry on the Oline.....can't think of many teams who actively have 4th string O linemen ready to go on short notice.

They are your team, I get it. The fact is they got crushed because they didn’t have players they needed in position when they needed them. Part of that is due to contracts of other players. You can make excuses, just like us Bills fans have been for losing to the Chiefs. 

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

They are your team, I get it. The fact is they got crushed because they didn’t have players they needed in position when they needed them. Part of that is due to contracts of other players. You can make excuses, just like us Bills fans have been for losing to the Chiefs. 

I am not making an excuse....we did get crushed.....KC had gotten by with depth O line players all year.  I'm not sure how much more we might have spent on THIRD STRING GUYS is my point.  I'd be willing to have to admit I'm wrong if you can go find me the third string and 2nd stringers who KC might have spent more money on to have available?  Or demonstrate that another team spent lavishly on THIRD STRING O lineman.