Virgil

TSW Mock Draft Bills Selection Poll - Round 1, Pick 30  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills draft at #30 overall

• Jaelan Phillips, Edge, Miami
    • Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
    • Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 04:04 PM

9 minutes ago, JimmyNoodles said:

I get where you guys are coming from, it’s just that one of the general weaknesses of the team on D IMO is size. I’d like to see them getting bigger not smaller. I like a bigger DT and a bigger CB. We might get both this draft. 

I don't think you are going necessarily to get your wish. I do think they will take a space eater DT somewhere. They need an insurance plan in case Star comes back not in football shape.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I think Phillips won't even be on our board. He already retired from football once and has an extensive injury history. That's not a McDermott player. He could fall to our pick in the 2nd and we'd still pass on him.

Doctors will determine the health risk. If they clear him, and clearly he’s an option in this exercise, so safe to say “the did”, he’s easily the most talented player on the board by a country mile, and just so happens to fill a need. That feels exactly like a Beane pick to me...

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

My browns pick for Surratt in that mock was based mostly on Cleveland doesn’t seem to follow the same patterns mocks produce and I wasn’t positive I could snag him in the second. I have been hearing a lot of them running this 3 safety look. Mack Wilson, Surratt and a safety dropping down sounded fun to me. 
I read something I think by Daniel Jeremiah saying JOK possibly played around 200 pounds and teams weren’t sure if he’d be as good bulking up to 220+ where he’s listed. So my guess was JOK and Delpit would kinda occupy the same role in Cleveland’s defense. 

I don't hate passing on JOK with Cleveland. I think they need a middle linebacker not a hybrid will / nickel / dime. I think Nick Bolton makes a lot of sense there. It is just very early for Surratt for my money. I'd be surprised if he sneaks into round 1.

I’d be surprised if Beane went RB. We hardly used the ones we drafted the last 2 years and picked up Brieda. It’s a good mix of talent that will hopefully be utilized more effectively this season. I think we’re set there for now. Defense or TE would be my guess for the first couple picks and I’m hoping it’s more pass  rushers since that was the big difference between our team and the 2 that made the SB last year

Edited by NeverOutNick
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't hate passing on JOK with Cleveland. I think they need a middle linebacker not a hybrid will / nickel / dime. I think Nick Bolton makes a lot of sense there. It is just very early for Surratt for my money. I'd be surprised if he sneaks into round 1.

I think his upside has him in the 25-50 range. But I’m first to admit I don’t pay half the attention most of you guys do. 

15 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

he’s easily the most talented player on the board by a country mile, and just so happens to fill a need. That feels exactly like a Beane pick to me...

Yeah but is he committed to football? Any question mark there takes him off our board. I have heard about potential character concerns with him too. Wouldn't surprise me if some team takes the risk in the 1st round because he has legit talent, but I highly doubt it will be the Bills. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I really don’t think there’s any chance of JOK being there when we pick irl.  Chazz Surratt was taken ahead of him for crying out loud.  Possible?  🤣 I suppose, but not really. 

Chazz Surrat Top 30?

I was thinking he might be a chance to still be there when the Bills are picking in the third...

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think his upside has him in the 25-50 range. But I’m first to admit I don’t pay half the attention most of you guys do. 

I mean Jordyn Brooks went in the 1st last year and I had him in similar territory grade wise so anything is possible. But I would be surprised.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, wppete said:

6’3, 185 - 4.4-4.3 speed. Great tackler... if he is there for us at # 30 would love this guy.

Damn... Is it just me or have we been seeing an uptick in skinny players in the NFL??

Some of these players look like they have no muscles on their arms and legs....

I've seen high school football players with more muscle than some of these guys, jeez...

edit- with those skinny a$$ arms and legs, I highly doubt he's gonna be able to tackle any RB that weighs more than 210lbs.

Edited by costrovs

36 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Chazz Surrat Top 30?

I was thinking he might be a chance to still be there when the Bills are picking in the third...

Yeah, me too.  That’s one of the reasons why I don’t like JOK being our pick.  I saw him as a great potential target in rd 2 prior to resigning milano.  Our pick in Round 3 would be a great value imo, but  I don’t think he’ll fall that far

But like others have said, strange things happen on draft day and these mocks and sims are often way off base compared to how things go down on draft day.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m just happy Harris wouldn’t be the pick of the two RBs.  I just don’t see it with that kid 

Seems like mid 2nd round value imo...and even then I wouldn’t want him because he wouldn’t compliment what we already have...

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m just happy Harris wouldn’t be the pick of the two RBs.  I just don’t see it with that kid 

I see it.  I just don’t see him as a good compliment to Moss.  We need a speed element and Harris is not that

• Agree 1