Virgil

TSW Mock Draft Bills Selection Poll - Round 1, Pick 30  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills draft at #30 overall

• Jaelan Phillips, Edge, Miami
    • Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
    • Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 04:04 PM

I went with Phillips.

I want someone who can disrupt games by getting to the QB. Addison and Hughes are getting long in the tooth and aren't the pass rushers they used to be. They both could hit the wall any day and inserting Phillips to go with Epenesa could be the way to go.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The best young LT in the NFL and the best Guard in the NFL, period. 

Offensive lineman don’t count.  You might as well have included a punter 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Offensive lineman don’t count.  You might as well have included a punter 

Okay. Chase Claypool had a nice enough rookie year.....

EDIT: And didn't Zack Martin go there too? So that is the TWO best guards in the entire league...... and Ronnie Stanley... I mean they are pretty much OLine U. 

Edited by GunnerBill

Picked JOK who became one of my favorite ND players of all time. Has been a joy to watch him play every Saturday for the past couple years. He has rare ability, watching him cover/run with Amari Rogers in the slot was unreal. 

If he's gone (which I expect him to be), I think the value pick is likely CB, but I'd be extremely tempted by either Toney or Etienne. A huge injection of speed/youth/YAC ability for our offense with either player. 

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Okay. Chase Claypool had a nice enough rookie year.....

EDIT: And didn't Zack Martin go there too? So that is the TWO best guards in the entire league...... and Ronnie Stanley... I mean they are pretty much OLine U. 

I’ll give you Claypool.  I completely forgot about him.  

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I’ll give you Claypool.  I completely forgot about him.  

Harrison Smith was with them too, right? He has been a top 5 safety in the NFL for a decade.

Who are the big Notre Dame busts in the last decade? Teo comes to mind but who else?

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Harrison Smith was with them too, right? He has been a top 5 safety in the NFL for a decade.

Who are the big Notre Dame busts in the last decade? Teo comes to mind but who else?

I feel like that’s all I need. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Teo definitely. I'd say Michael Floyd and Jimmy Clausen. 

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So our first pick will be a guy that will be drafted top 20.  😞

Honestly, I don’t think it’s too crazy.  Someone’s going to drop, it could easily be him.   Look at the Raiders the past few years, they love taking people too soon.   They could also take a RB. 

I think people have done a decent job so far in this mock. 

Just now, H2o said:

Teo definitely. I'd say Michael Floyd and Jimmy Clausen. 

I completely forgot about Clausen.  That one hurt 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Honestly, I don’t think it’s too crazy.  Someone’s going to drop, it could easily be him.   Look at the Raiders the past few years, they love taking people too soon.   They could also take a RB. 

I think people have done a decent job so far in this mock. 

I completely forgot about Clausen.  That one hurt 

Yeah I hear ya, there are curve balls every year and a player like JOK could slip I suppose.

I just think it mucks up our realistic possibilities.

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think Phillips won't even be on our board. He already retired from football once and has an extensive injury history. That's not a McDermott player. He could fall to our pick in the 2nd and we'd still pass on him.

I've heard that he loves his music more than football.  Good player but I don't think he is the type to bond with Buffalo.

• Agree 1

Clausen is eons ago... Floyd, yep... although he did have a couple of nice years in Arizona early on, but agree did not meet expectations.

Clausen was 2010, a shade over a decade. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Yeah I hear ya, there are curve balls every year and a player like JOK could slip I suppose.

I just think it mucks up our realistic possibilities.

Good thing we are doing 3 of these. 

I hear you though.  

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So our first pick will be a guy that will be drafted top 20.  😞

I am not arguing but you cannot be sure. Brandt has him 45th. I've seen other mocks going him 26th to Cleveland. It is not impossible.

Anyway, even if this was unrealistic, this poll gives us some idea where TBD stands in terms of Phillips/Etienne/Harris/Campbell/Toney preferences...

• Agree 1

Just now, JimmyNoodles said:

I can’t see in interest in JOK. We already have an undersized LB. I don’t see him in round one at all. 

People see him as a LB/S hybrid who can cover a TE

• Like (+1) 1