Virgil

TSW Mock Draft Bills Selection Poll - Round 1, Pick 30  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills draft at #30 overall

• Jaelan Phillips, Edge, Miami
    • Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
    • Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 04:04 PM

9 hours ago, H2o said:

This would be a fantastic scenario for our defense, though likely not to happen come April. 

To be honest, I wasn't that aware for JOK before this thread and this video. After seeing this, he is the PEFECT pick at 30, but yeah. He most likely won't be there. (BTW, I voted for Etienne)

10 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’d love to get JOK but Zaven Collins wouldn’t be a bad consolation prize.  Collins is an impressive player who could solve our defending the Tight End problems.  Big LB who can do it all.  Covers good enough and allows you to play bigger in the back 7.  

Rebound, I’m hoping he slips to the Bills at 30. Collins can do it all. I’m all in for Zaven to the Bills

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

He'd likely replace Taron Johnson since we play nickel defense on most downs. Hence the big nickel role. Yet I could us waiting on a guy like Divine Deablo in Round 3 for that role/develop and take a guy like Gregory Rousseau in Round 1 as fits what we like at DE in size and could step in to replace Addison or Hughes in 2021.

Taron is a starting slot CB who played on over 77% of Defensive snaps in 2021...Most of these NFL slots will eat a LB/S for lunch...Even one as good as Owusu-Koramoah. 

No offense at all but I'm not interested in Deablo that high...TDN has him #317 overall, and #169 on their Predictive board...And I trust TDN...So it's a pass on Deablo for me until much later in the Draft...

Here's how Joe Marino summed up Deablo..."At the next level, it will be critical for Deablo to excel on special teams to give him an opportunity to develop his skill set and become more consistent across the board. As it stands, he’s an oversized safety that lacks versatility and has athletic limitations."

I don't mind the Rousseau idea. If the Bills Scouts believe I trust them...But Rousseau is almost all projection at this point. I think he's got huge upside. But the last time he played he was a tall skinny kid...Now he was pretty damn good as a tall skinny kid I'll grant you that. But it's risky...B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

So SAM and probably big Nickle? I mean...That's fine, and I don't doubt he can play at 230 don't get me wrong...But it's still not a ton of snaps...

What I'm trying to say (without coming out and saying it I guess) is I'm AOK with Drafting the kid...But I feel to fully utilize his skills the Bills will have to take Edmunds off the field more, especially in sub-packages...And I may be in the minority...But I'm not against that at all...B-)

Taron played 77% of the defensive snaps in 2020 and I think what you'd see is Milano play some SAM (he did it a bit in 2019) in base with JOK at WILL and then him play as the big nickel in 2 linebacker sets. The question as I posed above is do they still have a subset of plays they want Taron in the traditional nickel? If so how bit is that? And those two questions would need to be answered before they draft JOK. 

• Like (+1) 1

If Etienne is there, he's the only player that will change the way teams will have to prepare to defend our offense, leaving Josh able to destroy defenses vertically. Travis can hit the holes, break tackles and be great in the screen game and running routes. A true 3 down back. If he's gone, one of the Miami edge guys or the corner from VT would be acceptable. I don’t see them drafting Jenkins, the OT , but he looks like a mauler. 

• Like (+1) 1