Virgil

TSW Mock Draft Bills Selection Poll - Round 1, Pick 30  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills draft at #30 overall

• Jaelan Phillips, Edge, Miami
    • Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
    • Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 04:04 PM

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Isn’t there a supposedly “knock” on Jaelan with injury concerns?

He has concussion issues in his past. But as I've said before, since none of us are team doctors, we'll never know what the true concern level is there. Personally, I don't let stuff that I can't get accurate information on or control factor into how I view players. The teams and doctors will sort out the medical stuff -- if its a concern, then the discussion is moot and he's off the board, but no sense in dealing with what-ifs and rumors when trying to get concrete evaluations...

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Isn’t there a supposedly “knock” on Jaelan with injury concerns?

Multiple concussions that caused him to temporarily retire in college.  Ankle and wrist injuries.  His concussion history is a major concern and whoever takes him is taking a huge risk.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Just to add the quote:

Probably says that to 31 other teams, if asked. Just rewatched Clemson and Alabama games. Uhhh,  he really looks like nothing special to me. He was actually playing against future pro players in that one. But, admittedly, That is the only games I have looked at. Seems too small for a LB against the run and (maybe it was the Irish scheme) nothing special in coverage.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

Just gonna leave this here...

Are there any pro day numbers for Quincy Roche? This is a guy that shows up on film. 

15 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Jaelin Phillips checks all the boxes

1. Elite athleticism

2. Position of need

3. I can pronounce his name

Gotta learn how to spell his name now😉

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Are there any pro day numbers for Quincy Roche? This is a guy that shows up on film. 

Quick Twitter search pops these two up. Plenty good enough, but he doesn't win with athleticism anyway, so more of a box to check than a needle mover. 

I don't question Owusu-Koramoah's abilities...He's super intriguing as a prospect. 

My question is who goes to the sidelines when he comes in? And a player of this caliber should be considered as an every down player fairly early in his NFL career. 

Jordan Poyer is technically the Bills starting SS...He's not coming off the field. The Bills just paid Matt Milano...He's not coming off the field. He could take all of Klein's snaps, but he'd be a 220 lb SAM? Obviously he would be the guy for the big Nickle, but that's not a ton of downs unless it's vs the Pats...

Now if you want to tell me he's going to take snaps from Edmunds on obvious passing Downs I'm all ears. I just doubt the Bills are...B-)

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Wow.  I switch my pick from JOK to Phillips.  He has Bruce-like bend and body control.  If he can run that fast, he’s got the talent to be special.  

Until he gets concussed again and retires AGAIN. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

I don't question Owusu-Koramoah's abilities...He's super intriguing as a prospect. 

My question is who goes to the sidelines when he comes in? And a player of this caliber should be considered as an every down player fairly early in his NFL career. 

Jordan Poyer is technically the Bills starting SS...He's not coming off the field. The Bills just paid Matt Milano...He's not coming off the field. He could take all of Klein's snaps, but he'd be a 220 lb SAM? Obviously he would be the guy for the big Nickle, but that's not a ton of downs unless it's vs the Pats...

Now if you want to tell me he's going to take snaps from Edmunds on obvious passing Downs I'm all ears. I just doubt the Bills are...B-)

My friend, I think he can gain 10-15lbs easy. If you remember, it took Milano a few years to fill out as well. Could easily see JOK at 230lbs, no problem and he is a big hitter. 

2 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

He'd likely replace Taron Johnson since we play nickel defense on most downs. Hence the big nickel role. Yet I could us waiting on a guy like Divine Deablo in Round 3 for that role/develop and take a guy like Gregory Rousseau in Round 1 as fits what we like at DE in size and could step in to replace Addison or Hughes in 2021.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

My friend, I think he can gain 10-15lbs easy. If you remember, it took Milano a few years to fill out as well. Could easily see JOK at 230lbs, no problem and he is a big hitter. 

So SAM and probably big Nickle? I mean...That's fine, and I don't doubt he can play at 230 don't get me wrong...But it's still not a ton of snaps...

What I'm trying to say (without coming out and saying it I guess) is I'm AOK with Drafting the kid...But I feel to fully utilize his skills the Bills will have to take Edmunds off the field more, especially in sub-packages...And I may be in the minority...But I'm not against that at all...B-)