Virgil

TSW Mock Draft Bills Selection Poll - Round 1, Pick 30  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills draft at #30 overall

• Jaelan Phillips, Edge, Miami
    • Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
    • Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 04:04 PM

I voted Phillips but I really wish I could have voted for 2 players

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is a ***** beast.....and i would not shed a tear if we drafted him

Edit....you know what....I am changing my vote to Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

The fact that New England is going to a 2 TE set......this guy is so versitile and just hits like a truck

Edited by John from Riverside

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

If you remember, please post who were guys 4-5, and if you remember also 6-7. I can only see three finalists now. Thanks.

I really don’t remember.  I didn’t see any reason to retain that info 

12 hours ago, Virgil said:

Please help us select who the Bills will take at #30 overall for our TSW Mock Draft.  Trades were not an option in this draft.

If you have any players you see missing from the poll that scream either BPA or position of need, please reply

FWIW Virg, on last Fridays rock the mock on MTC/NFLR Pat had the Bills and he picked  Jaelan Phillips.  I picked Ettiene.

Whoever is their highest rated CB, whether it's Campbell, Kelvin Joseph, or someone else.

If I saw your three as the best options, I'd look hard at Phillips to see if he can play DE the way the Bills like. If he couldn't, I'd look at Owusu-Koramoah to see if he could fit what I needed as a big nickel. If I thought he couldn't, I'd trade down a ways.

I love the way Owusu-Koramoah plays, but I can't see him lasting long as a pure LB at his weight. Not sure if Phillips can be a hand in the dirt DE.

Edited by Thurman#1

So, if Cleveland had been mocked JOK in this first TSW mock, hypothetically, then we would be looking at Phillips, Etienne and Campbell?  

And @NewEra would be happier?   

In that case I would be torn between Campbell and Phillips

If those 3 are on the board, JOK should be the runaway winner and that who I would take.  

Because I don’t think there’s any chance of that happening, I voted for Phillips. The injuries are super scary, but his positional value and prototypical size and skill set make him the easy choice over Etienne imo 

46 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Whoever is their highest rated CB, whether it's Campbell, Kelvin Joseph, or someone else.

If I saw your three as the best options, I'd look hard at Phillips to see if he can play DE the way the Bills like. If he couldn't, I'd look at Owusu-Koramoah to see if he could fit what I needed as a big nickel. If I thought he couldn't, I'd trade down a ways.

I love the way Owusu-Koramoah plays, but I can't see him lasting long as a pure LB at his weight. Not sure if Phillips can be a hand in the dirt DE.

People keep saying this about JOK, but have you all ever checked Milano's playing weight? He's listed at 221lbs. JOK has been listed at 215lbs the last two seasons, but I would bet money that this year he played closer to 220lbs seeing him on the field compared to 2019. He looked thicker. The difference between Milano and JOK is Milano looks filled out at 220lbs. JOK could easily add another 10-15lbs in an NFL strength and conditioning program with no problems or hindrances. The weight thing is overblown. 

• Agree 1

So, we have issues with Morse and concussions,  but we are ok with Phillip's? Doesn't make much sense...🤔. Still having a hard time with a RB in the 1st (but starting to warm up to it, keep talking and maybe I'll get there.😉). Najee possibly, just not sold on Etienne yet (ball security ?) Would rather go corner, but JOK is the only one left to choose in my opinion. Guess I'll go with JOK.🤔

28 minutes ago, H2o said:

15 hours+ running on the poll, 50 votes for (out of a possible 135), and 7 ahead of the next closest choice. Can we call this one yet @Virgil ?

We did 24 hours before or until there was a clear cut winner.  It’s finally starting to trend that way, but a few hours won’t hurt.  I also let the people picking after know noon was probably our re-start time. 

of the 3 available choices its tough... Phillips potentially gives that pass rush we need and an infusion of youth at that position. JOK will be able to help immensely vs schemes like what New England is going to use (12 personnel) and vs. guys like Kelce, and Rb's out of the backfield. Also a good rover and blitzer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I voted JOK, mostly because of precisely what @Reed83HOF noted in that YPP Tweet: Of the three players available, JOK would be on the field the most (we rotate DE's, under Beane/Washington) and with the number of RBs in our stable, Etienne would be splitting time, and an LB has the most responsibility of those three position groups. You could argue that for supply, DE's (or at least, good-quality ones) are in shorter supply, but, hey...