Virgil

TSW Mock Draft Bills Selection Poll - Round 1, Pick 30  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills draft at #30 overall

• Jaelan Phillips, Edge, Miami
    • Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
    • Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 04:04 PM

16 minutes ago, costrovs said:

Damn... Is it just me or have we been seeing an uptick in skinny players in the NFL??

Some of these players look like they have no muscles on their arms and legs....

I've seen high school football players with more muscle than some of these guys, jeez...

edit- with those skinny a$$ arms and legs, I highly doubt he's gonna be able to tackle any RB that weighs more than 210lbs.

Hes been doing a very good job tackling SEC RBs the last few years. He is a very good tackler. Let’s to put on around 10-15lbs and woth a 6’3 frame I can see him doing that... he has a similar frame to Levi Wallace. Tall and long. 

6 minutes ago, wppete said:

Hes been doing a very good job tackling SEC RBs the last few years. He is a very good tackler. Let’s to put on around 10-15lbs and woth a 6’3 frame I can see him doing that... he has a similar frame to Levi Wallace. Tall and long. 

I'm not really knocking his tackling ability because I haven't looked into him, but damn.. he's one skinny dude.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd say that in this scenario Jaelin Phillips would be the selection. They put big money into C Mitch Morse in FA 2 seasons ago who clearly had concussion issues, I'd say so far they're happy with him. I'm sure if they select him Phillips would have been checked out extensively by our medical staff. There is no way of telling if he'll have a complete career due to his injuries but you shouldn't pass on a player of his caliber if he passes all medical concerns by the staff, at 1 point he was a consensus top 10 pick so it's not about talent imo.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't hate passing on JOK with Cleveland. I think they need a middle linebacker not a hybrid will / nickel / dime. I think Nick Bolton makes a lot of sense there. It is just very early for Surratt for my money. I'd be surprised if he sneaks into round 1.

In all seriousness, I want to thank you, @Virgil and so many others for sharing your knowledge and efforts this time of year.  I don’t watch as much college football as many others, and I absolutely do not study it the way some others do. Even if I DID watch, I just know what jumps out at me. 

This is my time of year to get educated and I appreciate the efforts of those who study this stuff. 

I used to appreciate the input of @Kirby Jackson as well, but he’s lying low of late. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

@Virgil when will this poll be closed? The Chiefs are patiently waiting to make their pick. A little hint, the outcome of this poll will be the deciding factor.

The Chiefs can kick rocks.  

I’m not sure honestly.  Usually there’s a clear cut winner by this point. I’ll say probably noon tomorrow

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I just don’t see what JOK upgrades. 

I get that he’s a unique talent. I get that McD likes to utilize a S/LB hybrid. I get the sense that people are terrified of TEs, which, eh?

but Taron Johnson is no slouch. This is not a real need here. 

Phillips is the best pass rusher in this draft by a pretty significant margin. Not a tough decision from my perspective...

25 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

I just don’t see what JOK upgrades. 

I get that he’s a unique talent. I get that McD likes to utilize a S/LB hybrid. I get the sense that people are terrified of TEs, which, eh?

but Taron Johnson is no slouch. This is not a real need here. 

Phillips is the best pass rusher in this draft by a pretty significant margin. Not a tough decision from my perspective...

In Carolina, McD had Luke Keuchley and Thomas Davis coming off of monster 2014 seasons (Keuchly was an all-pro, Davis had a great season and was WPMOY).

The Panthers selected S/LB hybrid Shaq Thompson with the 25th pick of the 2015 draft. Thompson played a hybrid safety LB/big nickel role for the Panthers, starting 14 games on their way to a 15-1 record and a SB appearance.

Im not saying JOK would fill our biggest need, but I would say there’s a solid 60% chance we take him if he’s there at 30.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

In Carolina, McD had Luke Keuchley and Thomas Davis coming off of monster 2014 seasons (Keuchly was an all-pro, Davis had a great season and was WPMOY).

The Panthers selected S/LB hybrid Shaq Thompson with the 25th pick of the 2015 draft. Thompson played a hybrid safety LB/big nickel role for the Panthers, starting 14 games on their way to a 15-1 record and a SB appearance.

Im not saying JOK would fill our biggest need, but I would say there’s a solid 60% chance we take him if he’s there at 30.

Man what a great point. I may actually change my vote now. Dude is impressive I just didn’t think it was a need but as far as BPA you guys may be right

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It’s actually kinda eerie how similar this situation is... they drafted Thompson and he then split snaps with none other than AJ Klein as a rookie....

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Man what a great point. I may actually change my vote now. Dude is impressive I just didn’t think it was a need but as far as BPA you guys may be right

It’s just impossible to say what McBeane see’s as a need. It could be that they have Edge as a higher need than Big nickel (which seems likely) but that JOK is a guy that they see as the missing piece who would open things up for them.

Edited by whatdrought

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It’s actually kinda eerie how similar this situation is... they drafted Thompson and he then split snaps with none other than AJ Klein as a rookie....

It’s just impossible to say what McBeane see’s as a need. It could be that they have Edge as a higher need than Big nickel (which seems likely) but that JOK is a guy that they see as the missing piece who would open things up for them.

I agree. I trust Beane to make the right call even though D line has been his Achilles heel thus far. Phillips and JOK are both special talents. Phillips fills a bigger need but his past retirement may be enough for Beane and company to take JOK instead. I’m ok with either even if I do like the upside of boogie basham 😉