Virgil

TSW Mock Draft Bills Selection Poll - Round 1, Pick 30  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills draft at #30 overall

• Jaelan Phillips, Edge, Miami
    • Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
    • Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 04:04 PM

Please help us select who the Bills will take at #30 overall for our TSW Mock Draft.  Trades were not an option in this draft.

If you have any players you see missing from the poll that scream either BPA or position of need, please reply

Edited by Virgil
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm writing in Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. I think McDermott would love a chess piece like him and he would give us a legit option to cover TEs.

I second this motion. JOK is my pick.

If I must choose from the list above, I'll say Jaelan Phillips.

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Did you intentionally leave JOK off?

Not intentionally, but my brain probably subconsciously didn't see him as I typically don't like NFL prospects from the fraud program that is Notre Dame.

He's been added

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Leaving JOK off was a good move imo.  Can’t see any way that he will be available 

Yeah most mocks I see him going well before we pick. The furthest I could see him dropping is to the Browns at #26. The one possibility I could see is if teams don't want to bet a 1st round pick on a positionless player. Not every defense uses a big nickel. That could cause him to drop to us.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

It’s Phillips and it’s not close. 

I think Phillips won't even be on our board. He already retired from football once and has an extensive injury history. That's not a McDermott player. He could fall to our pick in the 2nd and we'd still pass on him.

• Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Yeah most mocks I see him going well before we pick. The furthest I could see him dropping is to the Browns at #26. The one possibility I could see is if teams don't want to bet a 1st round pick on a positionless player. Not every defense uses a big nickel. That could cause him to drop to us.

I honestly think many teams are nervous about players from there.  I say it jokingly, but that program masks their talent each year with their NCAA scheduling skirting.  When it comes to the big games, they get destroyed.  They are fools gold.

Some players end up doing okay, but who was the last solid big name talent that really translated.

(I know I'm going to regret saying this as I went off pure memory and didn't do any research)

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

That was the Isaiah Simmons argument last year. JOK isn't quite Simmons but I think the NFL is getting much better at saying "this guy is just a great football player, we'll figure the rest out later."

• Agree 1

If we take JOK, it’ll be like taking Tyler Shelvin in the 6th rd in a mock sim.  Sure, he’s there in the sim, but in reality, it’s not a sim and should be fixed. 

I really don’t think there’s any chance of JOK being there when we pick irl.  Chazz Surratt was taken ahead of him for crying out loud.  Possible?  🤣 I suppose, but not really. 

If he’s there IRL, then he should be the pick.....but he won’t be

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Virgil said:

Some players end up doing okay, but who was the last solid big name talent that really translated.

(I know I'm going to regret saying this as I went off pure memory and didn't do any research)

The best young LT in the NFL and the best Guard in the NFL, period. 

• Agree 2