Chances Watson lands in AFCE

2 hours ago, mannc said:

How are you able to make this statement, unless you work for the Harris County District Attorney and know something non-public?  Do you doubt that the district attorney might at least start a criminal investigation of someone accused of sexually assaulting 20 or so women?

I am very able to make that statement because when i wrote it, there was NO CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION ANNOUNCED.

Did you want to selectively highlight what I wrote to try and make a point?    What did I write after your highlighted quote, "unless you work for the Harris Country District Attorney and know something non-public."

I never claimed there wast a criminal investigation, fac, nothing had been publicly announced.

Yes there has been no announcement from the DA or from the police definitively saying they have an active criminal investigation.

48 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I am very able to make that statement because when i wrote it, there was NO CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION ANNOUNCED.

Did you want to selectively highlight what I wrote to try and make a point?    What did I write after your highlighted quote, "unless you work for the Harris Country District Attorney and know something non-public."

I never claimed there wast a criminal investigation, fac, nothing had been publicly announced.

Yes there has been no announcement from the DA or from the police definitively saying they have an active criminal investigation.

You most certainly did.  I bolded it in your previous post. 

In light of today's Watson revelations, do you care to double-down on your ridiculous statement that some team might trade for him before the draft?    

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

You most certainly did.  I bolded it in your previous post. 

In light of today's Watson revelations, do you care to double-down on your ridiculous statement that some team might trade for him before the draft?    

I most certainly did what, EXACTLY?

Write this? Your quote of me.

"I never claimed there wast a criminal investigation, fac, nothing had been publicly announced."

Yes I did, bad typo of fact.  Do you know hat a public announcement of a DA entitles?  Not some chatroom gossip or lawyer speak.  Yes, it was a fact. maybe the DA has announced an investigation recently, i dont keep up with this at all hours.

As of when i posted that I was correct, you were wrong, simple fact, no debate..

Now to your next jewel of wisdom,

"In light of today's Watson revelations, do you care to double-down on your ridiculous statement that some team might trade for him before the draft?  

1) Hate to break the news but this is a rapidly evolving story and what I wrote at the time was a very reasonable comment

2)  Yes, even still,  one team might  take a gamble on him,.  What is so hard to comprehend.  The asking price just went from 3 #1 picks and a player top half is now half that.  If I am a buyer of d Watson, i am looking at seriously discounted damaged goods.  Did you ever think Vick would play in the NFL again??

• Eyeroll 1

27 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I most certainly did what, EXACTLY?

Write this? Your quote of me.

"I never claimed there wast a criminal investigation, fac, nothing had been publicly announced."

Yes I did, bad typo of fact.  Do you know hat a public announcement of a DA entitles?  Not some chatroom gossip or lawyer speak.  Yes, it was a fact. maybe the DA has announced an investigation recently, i dont keep up with this at all hours.

As of when i posted that I was correct, you were wrong, simple fact, no debate..

Now to your next jewel of wisdom,

"In light of today's Watson revelations, do you care to double-down on your ridiculous statement that some team might trade for him before the draft?  

1) Hate to break the news but this is a rapidly evolving story and what I wrote at the time was a very reasonable comment

2)  Yes, even still,  one team might  take a gamble on him,.  What is so hard to comprehend.  The asking price just went from 3 #1 picks and a player top half is now half that.  If I am a buyer of d Watson, i am looking at seriously discounted damaged goods.  Did you ever think Vick would play in the NFL again??

You literally stated that there is no criminal investigation, apparently based solely on the fact that none has been publicly announced, which of course they would never do anyway. 

And from the above, it appears that, yes, you are doubling down on your absurd contention that some deranged General Manager might try to trade serious assets for a guy who (1) probably won't play next year, and (2) might have to register as sex offender when he does join his new team. 😀 I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

You dont read very accurately do you.

No i quite clearly stated, there is NO public announcement of a criminal investigation and to my knowledge that is til true.  Got it PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT, that is why you said you would have no idea unless you worked for the DAs office and were basing it on non-public info. I never said there WASNT an investigation, I said there was no official announcement of it, or at least of of the time I first wrote that.  Sure there might be one.  

And you can label my comments "absurd" and there might be a "deranged" GM if that makes you feel better.  GMs take chances all the time.  Did you ever think Vick was going to get back in the NFL after he went to jail for killing dogs?  Sure some GM will take a chance on a talent like Watson.  Yes he might not play next year, all that does is make the pool of potential teams go down and the asking price by Houston wil plummet.

And I really dont care if you are "sorry" but if you cant stop laughing, that tells me more about your IQ than anything else.