Share a story that reveals your Bills dedication

I moved away from Buffalo (to North Carolina) in 1993 yet kept my season tickets (even upgrading to club seats) until the final year of Rex Ryan when I finally said “enough.”  That’s 24 years of out-of-state season tickets for a mostly ***** team.  I’ve considered re-upping but now the Bills won’t sell seasons to out-of-state fans.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, eball said:

I moved away from Buffalo (to North Carolina) in 1993 yet kept my season tickets (even upgrading to club seats) until the final year of Rex Ryan when I finally said “enough.”  That’s 24 years of out-of-state season tickets for a mostly ***** team.  I’ve considered re-upping but now the Bills won’t sell seasons to out-of-state fans.

Wow! That’s awesome.

Hope you can get seasons again.

6 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

After 60+ years, it's all begun to be a big blur.   All I know is that it's been great!

Going to games with my Dad.  The 1963 playoff against the Pats - I was there.  The 1964 AFL Championship game - I was there.  The 1969 Championship game on TV.  OJ.  Joe Ferguson.  The Dolphins losing streak.  Wide right - I was there.  The Super Bowls.  The Music City Miracle.   6-3 - I was there.  Road trips to Chicago - Freddie's stiff arm in overtime.  To Green Bay - Trent's last game!  To Atlanta - we made more noise than the Falcons fans.  Kyle.  Fitz.  Josh.  Taron Johnson - I was there.  

Just great. 

What a great fan. Thanks for sharing!

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve gone to bars or purchased Sunday ticket and watched almost every game every year since moving from upstate New York in 1998. 

that’s thousands of dollars over the years for some putrid football. 

Yup! I’ve had Sunday Ticket most years since the late 90s too. Have to watch my Bills!

Shout out to TBD for helping me find out how to get it discounted or free some years. Thanks, Bills Mafia!

• Like (+1) 3

I went with a friend and our girlfriends to the Bills Cleveland playoff game in the late 80s. That was the game where we lost thanks to a Ronnie Harmon last second TD drop but learned what it took and then went into all those SB years kind of like this year’s prep SB run. The crazy part was this. Those were pre-electronic ticket days so we had to drive to Olean to get the tickets the day before and then pick up my friends girlfriend in Ithaca and then drive at 4am to Cleveland. What we later found out is we were the only 4 people dressed in white and blue in the dog pound. My buddy and I literally had to punch our way through the bathroom to take a piss,  it was that hostile. It was a great game though. Only game I have ever been at where both QBs threw for over 400 yards. It was also the game where Beebe bounced straight up and down off the turf on his head like a pogo stick and 85,000 people went silent quiet because they thought he was dead. He somehow walked off. 

As an aside.. I haven’t lived in the area for decades now but have always found ways to see the games at backer bars or with friends or coming back. Even when in Hawaii. Amazing how many Bills people you can find in different states. I even lived in dreaded Pats territory for a bit but thank god it was Pre Brady so the Flutie lovers liked the Bills back then. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/29/2021 at 7:37 PM, ganesh said:

For the last ten years, watching  EVERY SINGLE game at 11:30 PM or at 2:30 AM my local time and then going into work a few hours later (Monday morning).  

Great dedication but brutal! Where do you live?

Edited by BillsFan619

I hyped up Edwards, JP, and EJ to countless people because I Billieve......

20 years of wearing gear in public being a known Bills fan and still defending them like they were SB bound soon

My son, born in 2005, a FAITHFUL Bills Fan even when we stunk (wore the jerseys to school) finally sees why and is loving the last 3 few years.  We sat through the Peterman game at Obriens...does that count?

Edited by TBBills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TBBills Fan said:

I hyped up Edwards, JP, and EJ to countless people because I Billieve......

20 years of wearing gear in public being a known Bills fan and still defending them like they were SB bound soon

My son, born in 2005, a FAUTHFUL Bills Fan finally sees why and is loving the last 3 few years.  We sat through the Peterman game at Obriens...does that count?

Nice when it comes to your kid. My son and daughter have been pretty much in the same boat as your kid when it comes to the drought and then these past few years.

Shout out to you (and all parents) who have passed on their dedication of the bills to their kids and now their kids are bills fans. Can you say legacy?

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Nice when it comes to your kid. My son and daughter have been pretty much in the same boat as your kid when it comes to the drought and then these past few years.

Shout out to you (and all parents) who have passed on their dedication of the bills to their kids and now their kids are bills fans. Can you say legacy?

all day, my grandmother used to throw the foam brick at the TV.  Devout catholic woman, but the words that would come out of her mouth during games...lmao

my mom and step dad, sisters all die hard fans.  In fact, we still try to get together every week to watch the games now that we are all (mostly) down here in Fl together

• Like (+1) 1

Back in 1999, I ended up going to 6 out of the 8 home games.  Decided then that since I had gone to that many, I may as well get my own season tickets.  Sometime before the 2004 or 2005 season, I realized I had made every home game, pre-season and regular season.  Decided then that I was going to go to 100 home games in a row.  Well, with how the team was, it was rough making that drive from Syracuse some Sunday mornings. And the Toronto games, because they were considered home games, I had to include them. But I did it.  Now I always make the home opener, and sometimes an additional game or two.  But I still have my seasons. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

Back in 1999, I ended up going to 6 out of the 8 home games.  Decided then that since I had gone to that many, I may as well get my own season tickets.  Sometime before the 2004 or 2005 season, I realized I had made every home game, pre-season and regular season.  Decided then that I was going to go to 100 home games in a row.  Well, with how the team was, it was rough making that drive from Syracuse some Sunday mornings. And the Toronto games, because they were considered home games, I had to include them. But I did it.  Now I always make the home opener, and sometimes an additional game or two.  But I still have my seasons. 

Nice! 100 games in a row!

I wonder what poster on here has the record for most games in a row. It’d be neat to know.

On 3/27/2021 at 1:40 PM, Chicharito said:

I go to games alone because we sucked for so long and I couldn’t find anyone that wanted free tickets to tag along!

I had season tickets from 1980-1987.  It never got quite to that point for me, but there were points during the 1984-85 seasons, where my poor little sister got dragged along to about a half dozen games... most in really miserable weather conditions.  She only got to see them win one game (20-0 against the Oilers, cold, miserable, rainy day).  My buddy who I owned the ticket with had no interest in going those years.  

Edited by Buftex

I was 12 years old when the Bills were playing in Atlanta.  My dad took me to the Hotel the Bills were staying at and hung out in the lobby all day.

Andre Reed came down to get his shoes polished.  I ran over there along with literally 20 other kids. 

Reed tells everyone that he's sorry, doesn't have time for autographs and has to leave right away after his shoes are done.

Everyone else leaves, I stand directly in front of him watching him get his shoes shined.  I wasn't going to leave until he signed.

He wasn't making eye contact with me and looking away.  After about 2 minutes, he finally looks at me and says "okay quickly before anybody else sees".  I ran over, he signed, I then went to look for another Bill.

I did the same thing out in front of Jim Kelly's RV and got invited in.

• Awesome! (+1) 1