Share a story that reveals your Bills dedication

6 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Those were bad times! How many QB's did we go through!

All of them. And only 3 were serviceable. Tyrod, Fitz, Bledsoe and an honorable mention to Orton.

On 3/27/2021 at 5:10 PM, Doctor Duck said:

I registered the Seattle Bills Backers group in 2005 (someone had to fax in the form and I became defacto club president). 

During the drought years, there were some games where only my friend Dennis and I showed up at the bar (This was the 4-12 season).

I ran the club for over a decade during the drought, making sure there was always a place Bills Fans could gather in Seattle no matter what.

Wasn't easy some games (and some years - looking at you bratty Jets and Raiders fans  😣  ).

Sometimes we were outnumbered by the opposing teams fans during the drought, but our consistency and determination paid off and membership is stronger than ever. The opponent fans don't mess with us now that we get over 100 people some games. 

When I stepped down, we've been very fortunate to have two great presidents running the club since.

I'll end with a Shoutout to current SBB president Jon Mullet, thank you for all that you do!! 🍻

Damn good name for a Bills fan lol awesome

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/27/2021 at 8:23 PM, BillsFan619 said:

Did you win?

Agreed! Just thought it’d be fun to share stories too.

Fight story 101 is, if they dont tell you they won 10xs, they lost.... flip side is, if they tell you they won 10xs, THEY MOST DEFINITELY didnt win 😆

On 3/28/2021 at 3:45 AM, Figster said:

We have a Cowboy fan that frequents our forum that definitely deserves honorable mention for her dedication to the Buffalo Bills. She's been to many Bills games. Met and got pictures/autographs with many Bills players. Even offered to help my niece and her hubby anyway she could at the Houston playoff game the season before last. Her dedication to the Bills probably out does many of us. She's got me beat.

You go girl!  @CowgirlsFan

Ive seen that name around here.  Whats her Bills affiliation story?  Bills fan hubby?

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

January 1991 found me in the middle of the Arabian Desert.  

We had no television reception where I was at.  Even if we did, we had no tv sets.   We had army FM radios but these were only good for talking with each other.  A very few guys had short-wave radios but they found very little to listen to on them.  Mostly stuff from Baghdad Betty telling us that our wives and girlfriends had already moved on and that giant moving sand dunes would bury us in our sleep, forgotten and alone.  

Well, even though I wasn't assigned a HUMVEE, I had one (long story).  So in the weeks prior to the Super Bowl, as I went around my duties visiting other units, I asked everyone I came across if they had a radio that actually received anything American.  Nothing  Nada.  Zip.  Zilch.  

For the first time ever, the Bills were going to Super Bowl and I had no way to watch the game, no one way to listen.

One of my own soldiers had a shortwave radio.  It was my best hope.  The day of the Super Bowl, I spent hours manipulating the nobs and antennae, trying to pick up something - to no avail.

Frustrated, I sacked out in my sleeping bag (often called a "fartsack" by soldiers) on my cot.  Later a soldier on "radio watch" woke me up and said, "Sir.  Wake up!  Wake up!   The Bills just won the Super Bowl!"  

"What?  Are you sure?"  As a snake-bitten Bills fan, the news was very welcome but hard to believe.

"Yeah.  I'm sure."  And then after a pause.  "Well, I don't know.  For just a minute or so I picked up the BBC World Service.  The static was pretty bad.  But I think they said the Bills won on a last second field goal."  He wasn't a Bills fan but knew how maniacal and devoted I was.

I spent the next few hours, while the rest of our cavalry troop slept, frantically playing with the dial of the shortwave radio searching, hoping and waiting for confirmation.  

I'm still waiting.  

This is my fav one in the thread so far:

A. The highlighted 😆

B. Reading it i could feel the frustration of the damn radio.  Think most of us have done this on a smaller level with a radio or antenna

C. The other soldier must haver felt awesome "to pass along the good news"

Good story!  These kinds of threads are one of my favorite reasons to stick around here. Thanks everyone

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

How did you get hit by a train?  Did it sneak up on you?

PESKY SNEAKY TRAINS LOL!  Bad time in my life.  Im proof that things can get better and the whole permanent solution to a temporary problem.  Lost an arm (various other surgeries/injuries) but gained a purpose/meaningful life back. Still handsome too 😆😆.  My Allen jersey was pretty shredded and bloody, but i cut out the name plate and hung it up on my wall as a reminder of how far ive come

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Ive seen that name around here.  Whats her Bills affiliation story?  Bills fan hubby?

Hello!

Thanks for recognizing the name. Unfortunately hubby isn't much of a fan of the NFL. It's all cool because anytime I want to go see the Texas Rangers  or Dallas Stars we go. Because he's not a fan of the NFL It contributes to how I became a Bills fan as well as already Cowboys fan. Someone I know knew this and invited me to come watch the Bills at The Dallas Fort Worth Bills Backers location. I got to watch with a  FEW Cowboys fans and a TON of Bills fans. So much fun!!!  It beat watching alone!!  The more I watched wilth  and the Backers the more I fell in love with everyone there and the team.  It was recommended that I join TBD to learn more and about WNY since I am a native Texan. So I joined in 2008...oddly on the anniversary of the assassination of President

Kennedy.   So that's my story.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Hello!

Thanks for recognizing the name. Unfortunately hubby isn't much of a fan of the NFL. It's all cool because anytime I want to go see the Texas Rangers  or Dallas Stars we go. Because he's not a fan of the NFL It contributes to how I became a Bills fan as well as already Cowboys fan. Someone I know knew this and invited me to come watch the Bills at The Dallas Fort Worth Bills Backers location. I got to watch with a  FEW Cowboys fans and a TON of Bills fans. So much fun!!!  It beat watching alone!!  The more I watched wilth  and the Backers the more I fell in love with everyone there and the team.  It was recommended that I join TBD to learn more and about WNY since I am a native Texan. So I joined in 2008...oddly on the anniversary of the assassination of President

Kennedy.   So that's my story.  

Awesome!  I could see how that fan based environment could pull somebody in.  I relocated to NC and met a Panthers fan lol she hasnt changed allegiances either but loves her Bills too from seeing my rabid fandom lol glad youre here, I love the common connection between fanbases.  I gotta "hate" somebody LOL!  Ive picked up a little soft spot for Carolina between living here, and all the coaching/ player ties we have with them

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

After 60+ years, it's all begun to be a big blur.   All I know is that it's been great!

Going to games with my Dad.  The 1963 playoff against the Pats - I was there.  The 1964 AFL Championship game - I was there.  The 1969 Championship game on TV.  OJ.  Joe Ferguson.  The Dolphins losing streak.  Wide right - I was there.  The Super Bowls.  The Music City Miracle.   6-3 - I was there.  Road trips to Chicago - Freddie's stiff arm in overtime.  To Green Bay - Trent's last game!  To Atlanta - we made more noise than the Falcons fans.  Kyle.  Fitz.  Josh.  Taron Johnson - I was there.  

Just great. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've been a fan since 1960. Watched them all those years except from late 60's to late 70's when I was in the military, then college.

I don't have stories of driving in a blizzard to see them nor other death defying feats to watch a game.  But even now at this time in

my life, I still live and "die" on every play during the season. I'm proud of the city, and proud of the team.

• Like (+1) 1