Share a story that reveals your Bills dedication

1 hour ago, chaccof said:

This to me is the ultimate sign of dedication!  Having been born the same year as the Bills and grew up with pretty bad teams (I don't count 64/65 because I barely remember them) mostly and have hung in there as a fan even though I've been away from Buffalo way longer than I lived there (41 years v. 19 years).  Like many on this board I've driven from hours away to see a game, turned around and drove home, or flown in depending on where I lived and my then economic situation.  But mostly, the dedication comes from pride in my home town, pride in the Bills and the "root for the underdog" I have in me.  

A recent short story:  As I finally got to the check in line for my first vaccine a couple weeks ago, the guy checking me in saw my Bills mask and said "oh, I bet you're just wearing that because they're good all of a sudden" to which I said "no, wearing it because I was born and raised in Buffalo and have been following them since I was a little kid."  That really ticked me off....

Great thoughts!

To your story, I totally get what you mean. That said, at least they’re good enough again for people to assume that we have fair weather fans.

I raised my sons correct.  My middle son got married in Georgia at Jekyll Island. The next week we had a reception up here. His bride and him came into the reception to the shout song while wearing Bills jerseys. Plus their 2 girls also had Bills jerseys on.All 4 of them are big Bills fans now. Along with my wife and I. Plus my youngest son and his 6 kids complete family.  We watch the BIlls every game,unless the TV in Erie doesn't show it. But then they gets a letter from me just about every time. But I alway have the radio on listening to the game or streaming it to my phone or computer

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, NWPABillsfan said:

I raised my sons correct.  My middle son got married in Georgia at Jekyll Island. The next week we had a reception up here. His bride and him came into the reception to the shout song while wearing Bills jerseys. Plus their 2 girls also had Bills jerseys on.All 4 of them are big Bills fans now. Along with my wife and I. Plus my youngest son and his 6 kids complete family.  We watch the BIlls every game,unless the TV in Erie doesn't show it. But then they gets a letter from me just about every time. But I alway have the radio on listening to the game or streaming it to my phone or computer

Well done, Sir!

I have been a fan as long as I can remember - my earliest memories are the 1966 season.  Could never understand my obsession about all things Buffalo Bills.

UNTIL...I realized that the reporting day of their first training camp was the day I was born in 1960.  That's weird.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, freddyjj said:

I have been a fan as long as I can remember - my earliest memories are the 1966 season.  Could never understand my obsession about all things Buffalo Bills.

UNTIL...I realized that the reporting day of their first training camp was the day I was born in 1960.  That's weird.  

It’s not your fault, bro! I guess you were “BORN” into it. 🤣

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Haha (+1) 1

I flew overnight to Switzerland.  Slept poorly even in business class. After landing, traveled to the office and worked all day.

The Bills were playing Seattle on MNF.  With time change was watching the game at 230 in the morning.  Watched the entire game on my laptop with the Bills losing on the missed FG at the end.  

I was so worked on the loss I could not get to sleep.  So Tuesday I was not productive from lack of sleep.

6 hours ago, freddyjj said:

That's destiny

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

I flew overnight to Switzerland.  Slept poorly even in business class. After landing, traveled to the office and worked all day.

The Bills were playing Seattle on MNF.  With time change was watching the game at 230 in the morning.  Watched the entire game on my laptop with the Bills losing on the missed FG at the end.  

I was so worked on the loss I could not get to sleep.  So Tuesday I was not productive from lack of sleep.

Bro, you must’ve been off the rest of the trip!