Share a story that reveals your Bills dedication

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Well, don’t leave us hanging! Is that an yes or a no???

We had a friend in Florida who ALWAYS has LSU gear on. I mean, I knew the guy for 10+ years and NEVER saw him without LSU gear. Polo shirts, socks, tie, ALWAYS something. We met at a black tie event and I was apparently looking him over. He noticed, looked back and said, “boxers”. 

Classic! Boxers to the rescue.

8 hours ago, Pete said:

I moved to CT in 1979 and have been getting laughed at for being a Bills fan ever since

I once was being appreciated by someone (in a public setting) that said that they knew that I was a loyal person once they found out that I was a Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 1

Back in the late 60's living in upstate New York ( West Valley ) My older brother and I would have contest sometimes to see who gets to keep our tv antenna on the roof turned in the right direction to pick up Bills games. In stormy weather the wind would turn the antenna enough to lose reception. Our contests were always filled with dares for the loser to make it more interesting and or painful. Once when our parents weren't home one of the dares was going outside in a snow storm wearing just our underwear with one lap around the house after turning the antenna. My brother got mad and locked me outside because the game wasn't coming in good. He figured it was my fault and I wasn't getting back in until the picture cleared. I ended up going to our neighbors up the street in just my underwear. We both got into allot of trouble.  

• Haha (+1) 5

34 minutes ago, Figster said:

Back in the late 60's living in upstate New York ( West Valley ) My older brother and I would have contest sometimes to see who gets to keep our tv antenna on the roof turned in the right direction to pick up Bills games. In stormy weather the wind would turn the antenna enough to lose reception. Our contests were always filled with dares for the loser to make it more interesting and or painful. Once when our parents weren't home one of the dares was going outside in a snow storm wearing just our underwear with one lap around the house after turning the antenna. My brother got mad and locked me outside because the game wasn't coming in good. He figured it was my fault and I wasn't getting back in until the picture cleared. I ended up going to our neighbors up the street in just my underwear. We both got into allot of trouble.  

What a story!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've been a season ticket holder since 2001. Think about that timing for a minute. I rarely miss a home game. During one particularly humiliating drought-era comeback arse-beating by Brady and friends, I had had enough. I was pretty drunk, which as many of you know was kinda like all we had back then. There were the usual obnoxious chowderhead invaders making life miserable for us at home. I'm not sure if there exists a more fairweather intolerable fan in all of sports. There was the familiar "snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory" scenario playing out, as it had many times before. There were mitigating circumstances, that's all I'm saying.

I "walked" up the stadium steps to take a leak and get away from the trauma for just a minute. I was angry. I hated Tom Brady's face. I was seeing red. Drunk, younger and even more foolish, I decided to take my frustration out on one of those red topped stadium trash cans and...lost. After my mightiest punch, I felt the wetness of my own stupidity streaming down my fingertips as I struggled to figure out what happened. There was no pain, only the realization that I had ***** up and would now pay for it.

Fortunately, I was easily spotted by stadium personnel and ushered to Ralph's ER, complete with a very attractive doc who actually stitched me up and bandaged my now unusable dominant hand. I think she either liked me or felt sorry for me (probably the latter), but she sat there and watched the rest of the this most discouraging loss with me, listened to my "clever" lamentations about our Bills and made me feel better, if only for the better part of the fourth quarter. I regret nothing, except perhaps for the lack of courage to ask that pretty stadium doc for her number. This is now one of my top five stadium memories, which is a little bit sad and a little bit beautiful,  imo. Either way, Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I've been a season ticket holder since 2001. Think about that timing for a minute. I rarely miss a home game. During one particularly humiliating drought-era comeback arse-beating by Brady and friends, I had had enough. I was pretty drunk, which as many of you know was kinda like all we had back then. There were the usual obnoxious chowderhead invaders making life miserable for us at home. I'm not sure if there exists a more fairweather intolerable fan in all of sports. There was the familiar "snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory" scenario playing out, as it had many times before. There were mitigating circumstances, that's all I'm saying.

I "walked" up the stadium steps to take a leak and get away from the trauma for just a minute. I was angry. I hated Tom Brady's face. I was seeing red. Drunk, younger and even more foolish, I decided to take my frustration out on one of those red topped stadium trash cans and...lost. After my mightiest punch, I felt the wetness of my own stupidity streaming down my fingertips as I struggled to figure out what happened. There was no pain, only the realization that I had ***** up and would now pay for it.

Fortunately, I was easily spotted by stadium personnel and ushered to Ralph's ER, complete with a very attractive doc who actually stitched me up and bandaged my now unusable dominant hand. I think she either liked me or felt sorry for me (probably the latter), but she sat there and watched the rest of the this most discouraging loss with me, listened to my "clever" lamentations about our Bills and made me feel better, if only for the better part of the fourth quarter. I regret nothing, except perhaps for the lack of courage to ask that pretty stadium doc for her number. This is now one of my top five stadium memories, which is a little bit sad and a little bit beautiful,  imo. Either way, Go Bills!

Ouch

Awesome dedication on the season tickets

We have a Cowboy fan that frequents our forum that definitely deserves honorable mention for her dedication to the Buffalo Bills. She's been to many Bills games. Met and got pictures/autographs with many Bills players. Even offered to help my niece and her hubby anyway she could at the Houston playoff game the season before last. Her dedication to the Bills probably out does many of us. She's got me beat.

You go girl!  @CowgirlsFan

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Original fan since 1960.. got married on friday Sept 23rd 1977.. planned honeymoon to Frisco and Hollywood CA .. about a week before my wedding , i got hooked up with Bills tickets for their game on Sunday the 25th of Sept in Denver.. made some arrangements, and attended the game.. The Bills got beat, but a really cool experience .. met and talked with Willie Parker's (the Center at the time) parents before the game.. 

Original Bills Fan, in 1963, told my mom all I wanted for Christmas was Bills playoff tickets, ($6 each).  Got them, game was in the Rockpile.  Our seats were in the bleachers, created by pushing the snow down with a garbage can.  Bills lost that day, but next two years were epic.

• Like (+1) 1

The most memorable for me was I was at an Oakland A's game while the draft was going on. All the Raiders fans (we were in Oakland) were saying, Raiders are going to draft McGahee. When the Bills took him, I cheered loudly. Then I had to watch my back because my life was in danger lol. 

17 hours ago, transient said:

I bought tickets for the family for Christmas- Per the Bills website, #2 coldest home game in Bills history- “Dec. 26th 1993 – vs. N.Y. Jets, 9 degrees, wind chill of minus-28”. Our drinks, hot chocolate and Jameson included, would turn into slushees within 5 minutes. I froze my foot so bad that the sensation in it wasn’t the same for a least 5 years afterwards. I forced everyone to stay until the last whistle.

I was there. I was so sick for that game, I remember my beer freezing in the bottle while drinking it. Crazy.

• Like (+1) 1