Share a story that reveals your Bills dedication

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

That's worth double.

Purchased my own season ticket for the 1992 season at age 14.

This is actually a fantastic story! If you make it the the game in Nashville this year, maybe he can share it with you over a glass of wine. YOUR glass, since apparently he looks too young to serve, or something.....

Don’t worry, I’m sure yours will arrive soon......

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

I rode an uber in Charleston.  The driver was from Rochester.  He told me he gave up rooting for them years ago and is now a Giants fan.

...his tip = $0.

Bro, I literally laughed out loud!!!

That was funny, and I understand the pain of not being tipped because I do Uber Eats as a side hustle. 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

Too many but the one that comes to mind is Bills Dolphins game mid 90's. I go to my wife's cousins kids Bar Mitzvah. Stay for the ceremony and ditch the luncheon where wifey and her parents were. I go to this random sports bar nearby peel off my suit where my squish the fish t shirt is hiding. Alone in a dive sports bar to watch Bills Dolphins...

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Duck said:

I registered the Seattle Bills Backers group in 2005 (someone had to fax in the form and I became defacto club president). 

During the drought years, there were some games where only my friend Dennis and I showed up at the bar (This was the 4-12 season).

I ran the club for over a decade during the drought, making sure there was always a place Bills Fans could gather in Seattle no matter what.

Wasn't easy some games (and some years - looking at you bratty Jets and Raiders fans  😣  ).

Sometimes we were outnumbered by the opposing teams fans during the drought, but our consistency and determination paid off and membership is stronger than ever. The opponent fans don't mess with us now that we get over 100 people some games. 

When I stepped down, we've been very fortunate to have two great presidents running the club since.

I'll end with a Shoutout to current SBB president Jon Mullet, thank you for all that you do!! 🍻

Now that’s some dedication there!

2 hours ago, transient said:

I bought tickets for the family for Christmas- Per the Bills website, #2 coldest home game in Bills history- “Dec. 26th 1993 – vs. N.Y. Jets, 9 degrees, wind chill of minus-28”. Our drinks, hot chocolate and Jameson included, would turn into slushees within 5 minutes. I froze my foot so bad that the sensation in it wasn’t the same for a least 5 years afterwards. I forced everyone to stay until the last whistle.

Bro, I was at that game!

My brother had to go to the car at halftime with one of my parents. He was young.

I stayed though.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It was a snowy weekend and it was the last game of the year if I remember right. We were at home playing the jets and it was Sammy Watkins up against revis and he torched him all game lol. The dedication part comes here-my buddy and I go to leave the hotel to head to the game and a tire blows out on my car smh. So I stop at a Walmart and I'm told it'll be an hour wait I leave and go hit Monroe if I remember correctly. Monroe says it'll be an hour wait so I say "listen I'll give you $100 cash as a tip if you get me outta here in 15 mins" to the kid at the counter....bing bam boom I'm outta there in 10 and on my way to the game!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mickey said:

Got into a fist fight at a Jack Appleseeds in 1983 with a dolphins fan. Didn't help that I was flirting with his girl. And was beating him silly at backgammon. The fight had been brewing all night and finally exploded when he said he wanted to be an NFL referee and I pointed out that a referee has to have sound judgment and as a dolphins fan, he couldn't possibly qualify. 

Did you win?

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Anyone who has been a Bills fan for any sustained duration can be said to be "dedicated."

This franchise has historically required all  fans to be dedicated.

Normal fans are long gone! 

Agreed! Just thought it’d be fun to share stories too.

• Like (+1) 1

Putting scrapbooks together of newspaper stories/photos in the late 60's (the Dan Darragh/Max Anderson/Dennis Shaw years)... in those marbly stiff black and white notebooks, scotch tape and newspaper articles..hand written captions.  I barely remember them.   I was maybe 11 or 12.   Is that crazy or what?  

Edited by ProcessTruster
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't have one single game but I had a job where I traveled around the country and spent many sunday's on the road from 2006-2013. I never missed a game and often had to move appt around and when I was on west coast I would usually start at 6am and get 8 hours of work by 10 am to watch Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, transient said:

I bought tickets for the family for Christmas- Per the Bills website, #2 coldest home game in Bills history- “Dec. 26th 1993 – vs. N.Y. Jets, 9 degrees, wind chill of minus-28”. Our drinks, hot chocolate and Jameson included, would turn into slushees within 5 minutes. I froze my foot so bad that the sensation in it wasn’t the same for a least 5 years afterwards. I forced everyone to stay until the last whistle.

Was there.Quarter Keg in the car with the heat on to keep the beer warm😜

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’d share my fandom, except I did in a like thread 2 weeks ago/couple months ago/every few months for the past 15 years.

Well, don’t leave us hanging! Is that a yes or a no???

5 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

My kids think it’s odd if I ever wear something that doesn’t have the charging Buffalo on it...

We had a friend in Florida who ALWAYS has LSU gear on. I mean, I knew the guy for 10+ years and NEVER saw him without LSU gear. Polo shirts, socks, tie, ALWAYS something. We met at a black tie event and I was apparently looking him over. He noticed, looked back and said, “boxers”. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 4