Share a story that reveals your Bills dedication

I registered the Seattle Bills Backers group in 2005 (someone had to fax in the form and I became defacto club president). 

During the drought years, there were some games where only my friend Dennis and I showed up at the bar (This was the 4-12 season).

I ran the club for over a decade during the drought, making sure there was always a place Bills Fans could gather in Seattle no matter what.

Wasn't easy some games (and some years - looking at you bratty Jets and Raiders fans  😣  ).

Sometimes we were outnumbered by the opposing teams fans during the drought, but our consistency and determination paid off and membership is stronger than ever. The opponent fans don't mess with us now that we get over 100 people some games. 

When I stepped down, we've been very fortunate to have two great presidents running the club since.

I'll end with a Shoutout to current SBB president Jon Mullet, thank you for all that you do!! 🍻

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, HOUSE said:

I was a member on a message board where mock drafts are planned 364 days per year

Don’t forget all the proposed trade ideas! Yeah, those are always quality reading and sound reasoning! 

• Haha (+1) 2

I bought tickets for the family for Christmas- Per the Bills website, #2 coldest home game in Bills history- “Dec. 26th 1993 – vs. N.Y. Jets, 9 degrees, wind chill of minus-28”. Our drinks, hot chocolate and Jameson included, would turn into slushees within 5 minutes. I froze my foot so bad that the sensation in it wasn’t the same for a least 5 years afterwards. I forced everyone to stay until the last whistle.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How about being from Kansas, and being a Bills fan for close to 40 years, living with Chiefs fans all around. We were able to go to see the Bills play the Chiefs in KC back in the Bledsoe era....wearing our Bills attire proudly with a sea of Red all around and fans screaming all sorts of stuff at us.....and then after being a Bills fan for close to four decades, finally being able to go to a Buffalo game at Orchard Park against the Jets during the 2017 season opener (the year we broke our playoff drought)....a dream come true for sure!

• Like (+1) 3

I'm 58 and my story isn't about me, but about my father and grandfather. My late dad use to tell the story of when him and my grandfather 'Hondo' as he was called used to go to the Bills games at the old Rockplie. Hondo was a wirey 5' 6" guy who was an incredably smart electrical engineer who loved his beer. Anyway my dad use to tell the story how he'd go pick up Hondo for the game, he'd come out hauling a Coleman cooler, mind you back in those days they were made of metal and the beers in it weren't aluminum cans. Anyways Hondo would haul it out to my dad's car and haul it into the stadium. As my dad would tell it, around the start of the 2nd quarter Hondo would nudge my dad and tell him to flag down the beer vendor when he came around. My dad would say, " Walter, why,you lugged that cooler in?" And Hondo would say, yea, but there all gone already. True story and always seemed to sum up a Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Got into a fist fight at a Jack Appleseeds in 1983 with a dolphins fan. Didn't help that I was flirting with his girl. And was beating him silly at backgammon. The fight had been brewing all night and finally exploded when he said he wanted to be an NFL referee and I pointed out that a referee has to have sound judgment and as a dolphins fan, he couldn't possibly qualify. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

The one that sticks out to me was September 1999.

I was in college and lived in Colorado at the time. Me and a couple people started driving to New York on a Thursday night. We got to my family’s house in New York on Friday night. We spent the day with them on Saturday. Then, we went to the Bills game on Sunday. They played the Eagles and won 26-0. Woohoo!

Then, we started driving back to Colorado on Sunday night. After all that, so thankful that they won! 🤣

OK Bills fans, your turn. Share a story that reveals your dedication.

Go Bills! Go Bills Mafia!

Anyone who has been a Bills fan for any sustained duration can be said to be "dedicated."

This franchise has historically required all  fans to be dedicated.

Normal fans are long gone! 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Having season tickets for 16 years of the drought.

The End.

Yup! Nothing else needs to be said.

2 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I had season tickets for 5 years while living in Texas, to help support the team when the future ownership was in doubt.  

Wow, bro!

Anyone who has stuck with this team during the past twenty years, let a lone through all the years previously is one hell of a fan in my book! 

That is why we have the best fan base in the league.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

Sure. 

1.  Keeping Season tickets over the decade plus of despair and cheering for them on Gameday over the Seventeen years of SUCK. Trying to talk myself into you can win with Losman, Manuel,Peterman etc etc. and thinking rosters that have Keith Ellison as a Starting LBer are good enough. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I was a volunteer member of the Luray Volunteer Rescue Squad in Virginia and used to volunteer Sundays from 4 PM until midnight.  I was completely enthralled one afternoon watching the Bills-Niners "no punt game".  We got a call in the middle of it!  The look on my face when the tones went off was enough that, thankfully, the other two volunteers with me that night said, "Relax.  We'll take the call."  I was forever indebted to those two guys!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

This one is easy.  I’m at Oswego as an underclass man and a Frannies alumni in 88.  I go with 8 frat brothers to the Bills/Jets game where big ol Smerlas bats the kick down to win the East since the early 80’s with Knox.  We also go with 6 of my high school buddies including two cousins. The night before we’re out with all of us and 30 Gamma guys from an opposing fraternity at PJ bottoms.  The 40+ are having fun enjoying way too many adult beverages.

we get in from the movie Roadhouse brawl with entire UB Rugby team and it was insane. All of us survived of course went to Slime on the Line if you guys remember those diners serving slime dogs to us at 4:30 am telling war stories.  We sleep for an hour maybe and meet both groups of guys at one of the off lots and drink for many hours before the game.

The game ends and all 40+ are in the tunnel endzone.  Everyone rushes the field and one of my idiot brothers loses his shoe on the field.

like a young drunk idiot make It on the goalpost third for

all of 7-8 seconds before I became a Ladder for everyone else and get

my jaw slammed against the goal post flying into the crowd.

It was one of my most favorite moments and scariest as the crowd was trampling each other to knock the post down.  

we sat there drunk and stupid watching others knock the posts down and then throwing them iver the stadium wall.  To be young and dumb again.  It was a great memory of which I would never repeat again.  Those days were fun and like many of you, I wonder how did I not get in trouble for such stupid decisions.  Thank god I say an our father every morning for surviving the stupidity of youth, and pray my sons don’t make decisions

like that one. 

Wow, bro! The things we did when we younger.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Too many stories too tell them all but one I’ll always remember is when I had to leave home in Tonawanda to head back to the Midwest from I believe must’ve been thanksgiving break. The Bills game was of on my car radio and went into OT. The single started to fade around Erie PA so I kept driving slower and slower and slower on the interstate. When we won I was hitting the horn over and over in the late afternoon and everyone driving around me must’ve thought I was nuts, or being attacked. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't really have one.  Started watching the Bills with my grandpa in mid-1960s.  First game that sticks in my mind was the conf. championship loss in 1966.

Been a Bills fan ever since.  Moved to Boston in the late 70's/hope of the early '80s.  Still a Bills fan.

Moved to St Louis while the Bills sucked.  The Cardinals sucked too, but I never considered switching fandom anyway.

Enjoyed the heck out of the late 80's/early 90s but never considered a switch to the Greatest Show on Turf when they were the local Hot thing

Still a Bills fan.  It's in my blood I guess.

Though I will swear at Bidwell and Kroenke with the best of the locals, just on principal.

Bye week

I moved around a lot too. After I started liking the Bills, I’ve never changed teams either.

You show your dedication quite well by being a mod for us. Thanks for doing that for us, Hap!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Too many stories too tell them all but one I’ll always remember is when I had to leave home in Tonawanda to head back to the Midwest from I believe must’ve been thanksgiving break. The Bills game was of on my car radio and went into OT. The single started to fade around Erie PA so I kept driving slower and slower and slower on the interstate. When we won I was hitting the horn over and over in the late afternoon and everyone driving around me must’ve thought I was nuts, or being attacked. 

Just looked up that game. November 1979. Bills beat New England 16-13 in OT. (Had to prove to myself that I wasn’t going crazy.) 😉

• Haha (+1) 1