Share a story that reveals your Bills dedication

I moved to LA in 1989 at the age of 20. My second job there was cooking at Gorky’s Russian Cafe.

I told them I couldn’t work Sunday mornings because I was Devout and had to go to church!!!

Of course, I would ride the LA Metro bus all the way to Canoga Park ( 1 hour each way) to go watch the Bills games in some Irish pub. THAT was my Sunday Church😎

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

This one is easy.  I’m at Oswego as an underclass man and a Frannies alumni in 88.  I go with 8 frat brothers to the Bills/Jets game where big ol Smerlas bats the kick down to win the East since the early 80’s with Knox.  We also go with 6 of my high school buddies including two cousins. The night before we’re out with all of us and 30 Gamma guys from an opposing fraternity at PJ bottoms.  The 40+ are having fun enjoying way too many adult beverages.

we get in from the movie Roadhouse brawl with entire UB Rugby team and it was insane. All of us survived of course went to Slime on the Line if you guys remember those diners serving slime dogs to us at 4:30 am telling war stories.  We sleep for an hour maybe and meet both groups of guys at one of the off lots and drink for many hours before the game.

The game ends and all 40+ are in the tunnel endzone.  Everyone rushes the field and one of my idiot brothers loses his shoe on the field.

like a young drunk idiot make It on the goalpost third for

all of 7-8 seconds before I became a Ladder for everyone else and get

my jaw slammed against the goal post flying into the crowd.

It was one of my most favorite moments and scariest as the crowd was trampling each other to knock the post down.  

we sat there drunk and stupid watching others knock the posts down and then throwing them iver the stadium wall.  To be young and dumb again.  It was a great memory of which I would never repeat again.  Those days were fun and like many of you, I wonder how did I not get in trouble for such stupid decisions.  Thank god I say an our father every morning for surviving the stupidity of youth, and pray my sons don’t make decisions

like that one. 

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't really have one.  Started watching the Bills with my grandpa in mid-1960s.  First game that sticks in my mind was the conf. championship loss in 1966.

Been a Bills fan ever since.  Moved to Boston in the late 70's/hope of the early '80s.  Still a Bills fan.

Moved to St Louis while the Bills sucked.  The Cardinals sucked too, but I never considered switching fandom anyway.

Enjoyed the heck out of the late 80's/early 90s but never considered a switch to the Greatest Show on Turf when they were the local Hot thing

Still a Bills fan.  It's in my blood I guess.

Though I will swear at Bidwell and Kroenke with the best of the locals, just on principal.

14 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

She wants to!! Heart set on an October Sunday haha

Bye week

• Like (+1) 3

So I moved in with my GF in Massachusets.  Her daughter lives with her boyfriend, who family owns a block of houses, which houses lots and lots of his relatives, all huge Pats fans(season ticket holders since 1990).  Last Christmas me and my GF popped over at night.  I had a classic Bills hat on.  They say- hey theres a big party next store- lets go.  We go over, supercrowded, everyone is having fun, partying hard.  One of cousins and proposes toast for Tony who passed on.  And then Mario.  Both beloved good men.  Someone says- Tony and Mario each deserve their own shot.  There is like 70 people there, they line up two shots for all 70 of us.  We shoot the first one.   "to Mario, a great American, Dad, Son, brother, friend, Pats fan..............praise"  We are all touched we all shoot the second shot.  The dude who gave speech was straight across from me- "He says Im toasting Mario and this son of a B word is wearing a Buffalo Bills hat!" and he points squarely at me  lol

Edited by Pete
  • Haha (+1) 6

17 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Third month of my internship. I was doing Hem/Onc. I worked 30 of 31 days. My one day off I drove from Columbus Ohio to Orchard Park and back in the same day to see a Bills game. I don’t recall the exact game right now. 

Not many will understand the pure pain and dedication of that, but I do.

I attended the greatest comeback in history, and thankfully my dad drank too much so we couldn’t leave at half time. Second half I spent making snow balls and throwing them at oilers fans as we came back. 

also at my wedding  we played the chris Berman version of the shout song! 

• Like (+1) 1

I didn't ask for it, and don't ask me why or how it happened (long story), but somehow I ended up being given an authentic Dan Carpenter (#2) jersey as a gift a few years ago. I must be the only person in the world with one other than maybe Carpenter's dad.  I still wear it occasionally, with pride, and despite people always asking why the hell I have a Carpenter jersey.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I been a non stop fan since '64.

Short and sweet, but says it all!   :)

You might want to mention tolerating the men’s room if you want to paint a more complete picture.   :sick:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I purchased a JP Losman jersey in public. 

Also.....went on my honeymoon in '03. I paid a friend to videotape the Bills Chiefs game and avoided all contact with Americans...only to come home to watch an abysmal 38-5 loss. Lol

there should be a friends exception for- Don't watch it!

• Haha (+1) 1

We live in NJ, but originally from OP. Got season tickets May of 1993 (reason: to drive to visit family on a few weekends a season). Finally gave them up in 2019- just became too much, kids got married, etc) Now I realize that all I had to do was give up my tickets and we'd be "in the hunt" again? Sorry everyone who has waited 25 years.... its my fault. 

PS... I want my tickets back!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1