Bills prospect LB Chazz Surratt

35 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The player comparison I keep seeing for Surratt is Shaq Thompson, so yes this pick would make a ton of sense. The Bills need a sub-package coverage LB/big nickel with speed that can cover TEs. Siran Neal could have been that player but he is probably a career special teams player at this point. Surratt would be a nice consolation prize if Owusu-Koramoah ends up out of reach.

I've been really thinking the last couple days that we are going to go early on a LB/S big nickle corner. 

We struggled against TE's last year and now the Pats are doing a 2 TE set. I think the Dolphins could be adding Pitts as well. 

Is a Chazz any thing like a Chadd...

11 hours ago, DJB said:

I've been really thinking the last couple days that we are going to go early on a LB/S big nickle corner. 

We struggled against TE's last year and now the Pats are doing a 2 TE set. I think the Dolphins could be adding Pitts as well. 

I’m thinking the same thing. After the free agent signings, Bills can go multiple ways in the draft. Most pressing need IMO is pressure from the edge. I could also see an upgrade at CB or interior line with the draft. I think the FO wanted some speed in the backfield and think Breida may fill that role. All this in mind, I think the Bills are sneakily looking  at taking a LB  in first or second rounds. My 2 reasons, the trouble they had covering TE and the decision they have to make with Edmunds and a contract. 

• Agree 1

On 3/26/2021 at 10:13 PM, ExWNYer said:

He'd play outside in a 4-3 so I'm not sure it would affect Edmunds much, if at all. He's a little raw but looks like he could be a good pursuit backer.

Bills usually line up with just 2 LBs; Edmunds and Milano. If you are proposing Surrat as the first rounder....that seems like a wasted pick.  When and where would he play? 

8 hours ago, BfloBillsFan said:

I’m thinking the same thing. After the free agent signings, Bills can go multiple ways in the draft. Most pressing need IMO is pressure from the edge. I could also see an upgrade at CB or interior line with the draft. I think the FO wanted some speed in the backfield and think Breida may fill that role. All this in mind, I think the Bills are sneakily looking  at taking a LB  in first or second rounds. My 2 reasons, the trouble they had covering TE and the decision they have to make with Edmunds and a contract. 

Totally agree. In a best case scenario a stud DE is who we grab, but its a weak class and sitting 30th isn't going to cut it. Id rather roll with Epenesa and looks to add elsewhere LB/CB/G etc. 

Big fan of Surratt, probably would need to be had with our second rounder or a third round trade up. I think he would see the field pretty often even with Milano and Edmunds healthy. He is a pretty good coverage backer so you can do a lot with him.

6 hours ago, Georgie said:

Bills usually line up with just 2 LBs; Edmunds and Milano. If you are proposing Surrat as the first rounder....that seems like a wasted pick.  When and where would he play? 

In no way did I propose him as a 1st Rounder, not sure how you got there. I was just discussing the kid with 'whatdrought', nothing more. I said I like him as a prospect in general, not as a Bill. With Milano re-signing, there are bigger needs than LB. I wouldn't even entertain taking one prior to the Round 3, if then.

Surratt has made a pretty remarkable transition from QB to LB.  He’s an extremely smart and athletic player.  I don’t really follow the draft lead-up so I have no idea where he is ranked but he seems like a solid 3rd or 4th rounder to me.

Just now, eball said:

Surratt has made a pretty remarkable transition from QB to LB.  He’s an extremely smart and athletic player.  I don’t really follow the draft lead-up so I have no idea where he is ranked but he seems like a solid 3rd or 4th rounder to me.

I took him 26th overall in our mock 😂😂

He looks like a strong safety to me or a Deon Bucannon type of Safety/Linebacker.  I like that he's football player first, elite athlete second and that his instincts for defending the pass are there from playing QB.

I don't like that in nearly every draft profile you read you see discussion about how he'd get swallowed up against the run.