Sammy Watkins to Ravens

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Remember when beane traded him and we were all up in arms about it? Now he's playing for as many teams as Fitzpatrick and can't even get through a full season. And to think we gave up 2 1st round draft picks on him 🙄

I was soooo distraught when that trade went down 

I think the real question here is, what’s the over/under on games played before he is out injured... with Sammy it could happen in the preseason...

On 3/26/2021 at 7:06 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Probably the best fit on both sides but hope he’s a long way from the days of demanding 10 targets a game 

Sammy’s job is getting littler every year, it seems. 

One day he may be one of us! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/26/2021 at 7:18 PM, H2o said:

I think Sammy could fit, but it's still up to Roman to scheme guys open and Lamar to hit them with the ball. We'll see how it pans out. 

Um, Sammy produced pretty darn well in a Roman offense with Tyrod throwing the ball - in 13 games in 2015, he had 1047 yards, 17.9 ypc, and 9 tds.

18 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

He’s had over 50 catches 3 times in 7 years with quarterbacks who weren’t Lamar Jackson.

Nobody is taking your bet.

His one elite season was under greg roman with tyrod throwing the ball.

44 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Um, Sammy produced pretty darn well in a Roman offense with Tyrod throwing the ball - in 13 games in 2015, he had 1047 yards, 17.9 ypc, and 9 tds.

I'd hardly call Sammy's season elite. That would be like calling Peerless Price's 2002 season elite. It was solid. But outside of those Chiefs and Dolphins games, nothing spectacular. Those two games accounted for 1/3 of his yards and TD's. 

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'd hardly call Sammy's season elite. That would be like calling Peerless Price's 2002 season elite. It was solid. But outside of those Chiefs and Dolphins games, nothing spectacular. Those two games accounted for 1/3 of his yards and TD's. 

It's "Buffalo Elite".

It includes any WR who cracks 1000 for a year.

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Going to the Ravens as a WR is committing career suicide. 

Worked to help John Brown get a decent contract with the Bills, which helped him get a decent contract with the Raiders so ??

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

It's true.  So maybe it's a Career Revival Move for him to return to the OC where he had his best season.

OTOH I tend to think that season was BF (before foot) and that Sammy's career can be divided into BF and AF (before foot and after foot)

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Worked to help John Brown get a decent contract with the Bills, which helped him get a decent contract with the Raiders so ??

Yeah, but all of his Baltimore production was with Flacco. So I get what he’s saying.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

LOL. You just proved my point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/26/2021 at 7:06 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

Between Lamar's ability as a passer and Sammy's injury proneness - this has got 500 yards tops written all over it.

Exactly....I’ll never understand the love Bills fans have for Sammy.  He half-asses his way through his disappointing tenure in Buffalo and hasn’t lived up to his hype after.

He’s an ok WR to have on your team if you have two or three other options available on offense.  

I don’t think he’ll make much of a difference for their offense.  Ravens fans are acting like they signed a WR1.  They’ll soon find out the type of player he is

6 hours ago, billsfan5121 said:

Yeah, but all of his Baltimore production was with Flacco. So I get what he’s saying.

The reason he left Baltimore is because he became invisible once Lamar took over 

On 3/27/2021 at 8:30 AM, Steptide said:

Remember when beane traded him and we were all up in arms about it? Now he's playing for as many teams as Fitzpatrick and can't even get through a full season. And to think we gave up 2 1st round draft picks on him 🙄

That’s because he was a “generational talent.”