It’s nice to not give a ***** this time of year

Virgil

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We have one disagree so far

@CommonCents why do you disagree?

I meant to agree, I hit the wrong button. It’s almost a feeling of disconnect, the off-season always felt like make or break. This year it’s much more the feel of just run it back.

Maybe the looming summer of fun is also part of that, most of us didn’t get to enjoy life last year and this summer should be wild. 

Come draft day I will be back in the swing, I think. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

The staple Dick Jauron years and beyond. Go 7-9 and draft around 12 

Oh yeah, and then take CJ Spiller at #9, while us fans lament for years that they could have had Haloti Ngata at #10. I might have my years mixed up, but you all know the routine.

I always record the Senior Bowl and then enjoy watching it. This year, I watched it up to mid 3rd Qtr or so, and then deleted it. It just did not matter very much.

It is so refreshing to not give a **** after all those years where the Bills' season was done by Halloween and we started doing mock drafts at that point.

Viva McDermott and Beane!

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I pay little attention to football in the offseason.  so many other things to do.  besides I've learned that every season stands on its own and maintaining a highly competitive roster year after year, solid coaching is what you want, then the season plays out how it plays out.   Knowing the team will be highly competitive in every game no matter the opponent is what feels good to me.   the wins just happen when you follow that process

13 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

What sucked the most was needing a QB and picking in double digits for all those years!

What sucked was there wasn't many prospects or worthy FA's and now they are falling out of trees ;)

Its nice that the Bills are relevant again and we don't need to hang on every FA or draft pick as a savior :)

11 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I still love the off-season 

Its nice to be in capable hands and know this team is good long term.

Now we get to watch other teams spinning their wheels like the Bills did for 20 years ;)

• Like (+1) 1

True...it is kind of nice.  However, I will say that now the pre-season SUCKS.  It was so exciting to look for every report...but especially Astro's...to read about every throw that each QB made to see if maybe one of them would be THE ONE.   But now....pretty mundane.

It sure is! that’s how it goes when your team no longer sucks, and players want to be on the team because they see a championship in their futures.