TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

With the 37th pick in the TSW Mock Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Rashod Bateman WR, Minnesota

the Cincinnati Bengals are on the clock @H2o

Having just missed out on the top tier of WRs in round one, the Eagles get Bateman, who some consider just outside that first tier of three players, to help Jalen Hurts. 

He has potential to be a #1 receiver due to his size and route running. He even ran a sub-4.40 40 yard dash at the EXOS combine. 

The Eagles are thrilled he was still available with their second pick and believe they clearly got BPA in both rounds so far. 

• Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bengals (H2o) are on the clock

With the 38th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft... The Cincinnati Bengals select... Liam Eichenberg... Offensive Tackle... Notre Dame.

Eichenberg is one of the most slept on OT's in this class. He started 38 games at LT during his Notre Dame career and hasn't given up a sack since September 29, 2018. That's 33 games in a row without giving up a sack. In that time he's had Brian Burns, Clellin Farrell with multiple other 5 star Clemson recruits, Josh Uche, Kwity Paye, Patrick Jones II, Rahsad Weaver, Janarius Robinson, Joshua Kaindoh, Victor Dimukeje, Chris Rumph, and many others line up across from him. No one got his QB to the ground by beating him in almost 3 full seasons. He's only allowed 4 QB hits in that time as well. Also, if you look at the Notre Dame rushing number this year, the left side of the OL (led by Eichenberg and Tremble) was always where Kyren Williams got loose. Burrow needs to be protected, Mixon needs lanes opened, and Eichenberg is just the man to do it. He will be one of the bookends on this OL for years to come. Jonah Williams, drafted in 2019, will be the other. 

The Carolina Panthers and @MAJBobby are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

He didn’t run back inside, but it’s true he would not venture outside in the deep snow and drifts that buried his car over night. I know the person from OBD at the time who went to pick him up and get him to practice. He relayed how Parrish said it was the first time he’d experienced snow in his life, which is common for many south Florida players. Imagine never experiencing snow, going to sleep with no snow on the ground, and then waking up to a buried car under a blanket of snow. That might freak some people out a bit. 

If you read my post I made it a point not to attest to the veracity of this claim. 

That said, I find the scenario you describe (which I believe) to be both ironic and funny. It also does cast aspersions on just how poorly we drafted in those days. A 12 year old kid with a copy of Pro Football Weekly would have known not to draft Parrish. Remember, even though he was a second rounder, he was our first pick in that particular draft. 

Beane has made a glaring error or two, but it does feel great to have a professional GM with a clue, let alone an owner who lets him do his job. 👍

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Agree 1

With the 39th pick in TSW draft. The Carolina Panthers select Pat Freiermuth, TE, PSU.  The Broncos @Doc Brown are on the clock. 

I had a couple different ways I was looking here. CB was a major need Carolina cannot get off the field on defense but I think there will be value in the 3rd here as well. No WRs of value here with my 2 graded Toney and Bateman going earlier this round. 

so Figured let’s get Lance a Weapon and something that is a young QBs best friend and that is a TE. Freiermuth has a prototypical build for the tight end position and ample ceiling as a blocker to continue to develop into a quality asset with his hand in the dirt in the run game.   As a Flex TE is where he will excel and is an ultimate mismatch. Also helps that our Roster is void of any playmaker from this position. Also could always be in Buffalo in 4 years being your Farm team. Be happy Panthers Nation. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, H2o said:

With the 38th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft... The Cincinnati Bengals select... Liam Eichenberg... Offensive Tackle... Notre Dame.

Eichenberg is one of the most slept on OT's in this class. He started 38 games at LT during his Notre Dame career and hasn't given up a sack since September 29, 2018. That's 33 games in a row without giving up a sack. In that time he's had Brian Burns, Clellin Farrell with multiple other 5 star Clemson recruits, Josh Uche, Kwity Paye, Patrick Jones II, Rahsad Weaver, Janarius Robinson, Joshua Kaindoh, Victor Dimukeje, Chris Rumph, and many others line up across from him. No one got his QB to the ground by beating him in almost 3 full seasons. He's only allowed 4 QB hits in that time as well. Also, if you look at the Notre Dame rushing number this year, the left side of the OL (led by Eichenberg and Tremble) was always where Kyren Williams got loose. Burrow needs to be protected, Mixon needs lanes opened, and Eichenberg is just the man to do it. He will be one of the bookends on this OL for years to come. Jonah Williams, drafted in 2019, will be the other. 

The Carolina Panthers and @MAJBobby are on the clock. 

I like him a lot. But you still should have taken Sewell at #5.

• Haha (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Broncos (Doc Brown) are on the clock
2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I like him a lot. But you still should have taken Sewell at #5.

Mock drafts are fun for “would you rather” 

would you rather: 

Jamar Chase and Liam Eichenburg

Or

Penei Sewell and say Rondale Moore or Amon Ra St Brown?

I actually think it turned out okay for him. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

would you rather: 

Or

I like the first option even before you consider the burrow/chase connection. 

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

would you rather: 

Or

I think I'd rather pick two linemen if I was the Bengals. I think Higgins had a good rookie year and can still get better and Boyd is a solid enough #2. Their oline is woeful. Gotta protect the franchise. I'd have no issue taking Sewell at #5 to man LT and then Eichenburg at #38 to man RT.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think I'd rather pick two linemen if I was the Bengals. I think Higgins had a good rookie year and can still get better and Boyd is a solid enough #2. Their oline is woeful. Gotta protect the franchise. I'd have no issue taking Sewell at #5 to man LT and then Eichenburg at #38 to man RT.

They have that 1st round guy a couple years from Alabama as well. Jonah Williams I think.  I guess he could play guard, but I would upgrade interior o line later in draft or FA. 

Just now, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

They have that 1st round guy a couple years from Alabama as well. Jonah Williams I think.  I guess he could play guard, but I would upgrade interior o line later in draft or FA. 

They do. They signed Riley Reiff as a FA too. But Penei Sewell is potentially different level to all of them so pick him and work out where everyone else plays after that. The Bungles should take Sewell.

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That’s fair enough, but an elite WR does a lot to help protect a QB as well. It’s a trade off either way. 

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Sewell is going to be very very good. Probably be an elite LT in the NFL.. I don’t think Eichenburg will be good. Give me Sam Cosmi instead.

58 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

With the 39th pick in TSW draft. The Carolina Panthers select Pat Freiermuth, TE, PSU.  The Broncos @Doc Brown are on the clock. 

I had a couple different ways I was looking here. CB was a major need Carolina cannot get off the field on defense but I think there will be value in the 3rd here as well. No WRs of value here with my 2 graded Toney and Bateman going earlier this round. 

so Figured let’s get Lance a Weapon and something that is a young QBs best friend and that is a TE. Freiermuth has a prototypical build for the tight end position and ample ceiling as a blocker to continue to develop into a quality asset with his hand in the dirt in the run game.   As a Flex TE is where he will excel and is an ultimate mismatch. Also helps that our Roster is void of any playmaker from this position. Also could always be in Buffalo in 4 years being your Farm team. Be happy Panthers Nation. 

With the 40th pick in TWS draft.  The Denver Broncos select Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas.  The Lions @Watkins101are on the clock.

He's really good.

15 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

With the 40th pick in TWS draft.  The Denver Broncos select Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas.  The Lions @Watkins101are on the clock.

He's really good.

Yep one I was thinking for Bills at 30 before they re-signed Williams. Still very well could be in play there though. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

With the 41st pick of the 2021 TSW mock draft 1.0, the Lions select Trevon Moehrig, Safety TCU. 

We need some help in our secondary, and he brings some versatility that should help. He can play slot, in or out of the box. 

The Giants @Draconator are on the clock.

Way overdue.  Shame on you tbd

31 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep one I was thinking for Bills at 30 before they re-signed Williams. Still very well could be in play there though. 

Leatherwood from Notre Dame is also an intriguing option to consider if there.  Can take time to develop him.

24 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

With the 41st pick of the 2021 TSW mock draft 1.0, the Lions select Trevon Moehrig, Safety TCU. 

We need some help in our secondary, and he brings some versatility that should help. He can play slot, in or out of the box. 

The Giants @Draconator are on the clock.

Already taken at pick 25.