TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

11 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

why please no?  

Ed plays the same position Levi would play imo.  Levi is stout, but I don’t think he’s stout enough to anchor the 1T.  I think his best fit might actually be as a 3-4 DE.  I think there are much better fits for our D at the 1T found in rd 2-3 (shelvin, Wilson among others) or even later (slaton, Brown).

I’d be super pissed if we picked Levi @ 30.  McCargo type furious 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Percy Harvin had something special? Really? I must have missed that day. One of the most overrated players I have ever seen in the NFL. How many 1,000 yard receiving seasons did he have? It is a very round number. 

Rondale Moore does have talent, and he does have speed.... but he has also played 7 games over the last two years. Whether he is even capable of being the guy he was as a freshman at this point is a question mark. 

He 100% was special he just never reached his full potential with all the injuries and migraines. Watch any game in college or early in his NFL career and you’ll remember how good he was.

Basham seems like the most upside of all the DEs in our range and he’s good against the run. I won’t be surprised if he gets drafted higher than we think 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I’d make a bet that if both have healthy careers Moore has the more successful one over Toney. Kid has something special kind of like a Percy Harvin or Tyreke Hill lite

I don’t see that at all. I see the lower body strength comparisons but I don’t he that same kind of juice in his game

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

He 100% was special he just never reached his full potential with all the injuries and migraines. Watch any game in college or early in his NFL career and you’ll remember how good he was.

Basham seems like the most upside of all the DEs in our range and he’s good against the run. I won’t be surprised if he gets drafted higher than we think 

I loved Harvins juice when he was healthy.  He had a nice gear that I enjoyed watching.

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I disagree strongly on both Harvin and Basham. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I don’t see that at all. I see the lower body strength comparisons but I don’t he that same kind of juice in his game

I keep hearing about one prospect keep getting compared to Tyreek.  But, after Godwin, Graham and others, chasing speed clearly doesn’t always translate. Look at Hollywood Brown 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I keep hearing about one prospect keep getting compared to Tyreek.  But, after Godwin, Graham and others, chasing speed clearly doesn’t always translate. Look at Hollywood Brown 

Yeah...comparing anyone to Hill is too extreme as there isn’t a player like him imo. Short, stocky and fast.  But not as fast. Not as agile. Not as explosive.  Different players. 

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Moore has that second gear like Tyreke and is electric in space. Hollywood isn’t what we thought he’d be but a lot of that is the offense he’s in and how he’s used

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

It’s all good I know what I see. A couple years from now we’ll look back and reflect on who was right I guess

Disagree about Basham and Moore too.  

I see Shaq Lawson 2.0 in Basham.  Not a bad player, but not the pass rusher we SORELY need.  he’s a power DE that might not be powerful enough vs the NFL tackles.  I don’t see him as a good pats rusher 

Moore is always broken and don’t explode off the screen to me like he does to you. 

I did love watching Harvin though!! 😃

• Agree 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Disagree about Basham and Moore too.  

I see Shaq Lawson 2.0 in Basham.  Not a bad player, but not the pass rusher we SORELY need.  he’s a power DE that might not be powerful enough vs the NFL tackles.  I don’t see him as a good pats rusher 

Moore is always broken and don’t explode off the screen to me like he does to you. 

I did love watching Harvin though!! 😃

Basham has just as many sacks as Oweh and Phillips combined.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

JOK would be my pick in a no trade down situation.  BPA and is so versatile.  Might be a strange fit but we’d have to get creative and switch things up.....which is exactly what we need on D

Toney and Phillips would be a coin toss for next best pick Imo

Has Toney run a 40 yet?

All I can find is his recruiting 40 which was a laughable 4.69.  

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Has Toney run a 40 yet?

All I can find is his recruiting 40 which was a laughable 4.69.  

I don't think so, and I agree it is big for him. He does "look fast" on the field but if he clocks in slow that is the end of his 1st round buzz. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Better than Harvin? I mean one would hope so. Stevie Johnson was better than Percy Harvin. It isn't a high bar. 

I mean honestly I don’t think we need to go WR early but if we did he’s the guy I’d want. He’s going to be special if he stays healthy. The Harvin comparison is a low bar I guess but it’s the comparison that came to mind when watching both play in college.