TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

32 minutes ago, H2o said:

With the 5th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select Ja'Marr Chase... Wide Receiver... LSU. 

Chase was part of the most prolific offense in college football history along with who slinging the rock around? That's right, Joe Burrow. They already have an established chemistry. This pick gives Burrow a guy he can immediately click with and cause opposing defenses problems. 

@Logic and the Miami Dolphins are on the clock. 

I like Chase to the Bengals just for the chemistry, but i don’t think it’s the right move. 

The drop off from Chase to say, Terrace Marshall, or Rashod Bateman at the top of the second is much less significant than Slater/Sewell to Eichenburg/Mayfield in the second.

Especially when you consider need to protect Burrow being the priority, their relative good shape at WR, positional value, and their lack of LT. 

All that to say, I get the pick, but I think most people wouldn’t like them passing on a T.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Thanks for the great response.  

I love Wilson’s arm.  It’s not allen, Rodgers type arm, but I think it’s a tier below.  Love his mobility and ability to feel the rush.  

I hope you’re right if the Jets take him, which I’m quite certain they will. 

I can’t stand Lances throwing motion.  Love his athleticism for sure.  I think I’d take Fields over Lance as of now.....but I still have to watch more tape.  Fields has made big time throws in big games, whereas Lance has barely even played

It just seems like Fields WRs were open by a country mile every time he threw to them.  I mean they just always got incredible separation it seemed. I’m very weary of big school QBs, very weary. He was practically surrounded by an NFL roster. I typically don’t like OSU, USC, Alabama QBs or QBs from big programs like them. For the same reason I think Mac Jones will suck too. Too much talent around him. They’re going to go to the NFL where they don’t have that advantage anymore and there will be a steep increase in talent. Instead of throwing to receivers who are 2-3 yards open they’ll have to deliver it into much tighter windows. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I like Chase to the Bengals just for the chemistry, but i don’t think it’s the right move. 

The drop off from Chase to say, Terrace Marshall, or Rashod Bateman at the top of the second is much less significant than Slater/Sewell to Eichenburg/Mayfield in the second.

Especially when you consider need to protect Burrow being the priority, their relative good shape at WR, positional value, and their lack of LT. 

All that to say, I get the pick, but I think most people wouldn’t like them passing on a T.

Is there another Tackle that wouldn’t be a reach at this spot?  I honestly haven’t looked.  

I agree that Boyd and Higgins are enough for now.  Keeping Burrow healthy and protected is a major priority 

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Is there another Tackle that wouldn’t be a reach at this spot?  I honestly haven’t looked.  

I agree that Boyd and Higgins are enough for now.  Keeping Burrow healthy and protected is a major priority 

They have a first round pick at lt in jonah williams and just signed riley rieff for rt.  They have improved protection for Burrow and I think Chase is a logical pick that I could see happening.  

Reports out today are that Burrow is pushing for Chase as well.  Obviously it's smoke screen season but that's a management thing not so much players. 

24 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I agree with this wholeheartedly, though that may just be the "Dolphins GM" part of me that wanted Chase. I can at least see the logic for giving Joe Burrow a receiver with whom he has instant chemistry and proven success. Chase will be a really good player, I think.

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

People seem to think Penei Sewell is a home run at tackle. I've heard him compared to Johnathan Ogden. I saw Bengals fans holding up a "Penei for your thoughts" sign during one of their games this past season. I think a lot of Bengals fans are hoping he's the pick.

3 minutes ago, section122 said:

They have a first round pick at lt in jonah williams and just signed riley rieff for rt.  They have improved protection for Burrow and I think Chase is a logical pick that I could see happening.  

Reports out today are that Burrow is pushing for Chase as well.  Obviously it's smoke screen season but that's a management thing not so much players. 

Fair point, but I'm not sure I think Jonah Williams can be a long term left tackle in this league. Drafting Sewell and kicking Jonah Williams in to LG would be my wish as a Bengals fan. Their o-line was absolutely ABYSMAL last season. Like really, really bad. Williams at LT was part of that, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure that just adding Reiff moves the needle much. Then again, I'm just an armchair QB sitting on my couch talking crap, so what do I know?

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, section122 said:

I think they could easily slide Williams inside and improve two spots with one shot. 

Burrow can’t throw to Chase if he’s on his back/IR.

Again, I think it could go either way, I just think I’d take the Tackle/want my team to take the T in this deep WR class.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

I agree with this wholeheartedly, though that may just be the "Dolphins GM" part of me that wanted Chase. I can at least see the logic for giving Joe Burrow a receiver with whom he has instant chemistry and proven success. Chase will be a really good player, I think.

People seem to think Penei Sewell is a home run at tackle. I've heard him compared to Johnathan Ogden. I saw Bengals fans holding up a "Penei for your thoughts" sign during one of their games this past season. I think a lot of Bengals fans are hoping he's the pick.

Fair point, but I'm not sure I think Jonah Williams can be a long term left tackle in this league. Drafting Sewell and kicking Jonah Williams in to LG would be my wish as a Bengals fan. Their o-line was absolutely ABYSMAL last season. Like really, really bad. Williams at LT was part of that, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure that just adding Reiff moves the needle much. Then again, I'm just an armchair QB sitting on my couch talking crap, so what do I know?

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think they could easily slide Williams inside and improve two spots with one shot. 

Burrow can’t throw to Chase if he’s on his back/IR.

Again, I think it could go either way, I just think I’d take the Tackle/want my team to take the T in this deep WR class.

I agree with both of you. I was just opining that I can see the logic and thought process of Chase.

I think either would be a good choice but lean sewell just for positional importance. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, section122 said:

Jonah is a great technician but physically outmatched as a tackle. Probably more of a guard and I do think he was over drafted. Should probably play inside..

With the 7th pick in the TSW mock draft 1.0, the Detroit Lions select Devonta Smith, Wr, Alabama. 

The Panthers @MAJBobby are on the clock. 

The lions fill a major need in the Wr room, with Devonta Smith hopefully beating Tyrell Williams and Breshard Perriman for the #1 Wr position. Smith may not be as good as Chase, but we feel he is a better fit for us.

With the 8th pick in the TSW mock draft your farm team the Carolina Panthers select, Trey Lance, QB North Dakota State. The Broncos @Doc Brown are on the clock. 

Carolina doesn’t play around and land their QB. The Dynamic Playmaker will be leading our offense. Strong Arm and good running ability. He is the prototype modern QB. Josh Allen and the Bills have shown the league you can fix the mechanical issues he has. We have found our QB for the next decade.  Panthers Nation be happy. 

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

It just seems like Fields WRs were open by a country mile every time he threw to them.  I mean they just always got incredible separation it seemed. I’m very weary of big school QBs, very weary. He was practically surrounded by an NFL roster. I typically don’t like OSU, USC, Alabama QBs or QBs from big programs like them. For the same reason I think Mac Jones will suck too. Too much talent around him. They’re going to go to the NFL where they don’t have that advantage anymore and there will be a steep increase in talent. Instead of throwing to receivers who are 2-3 yards open they’ll have to deliver it into much tighter windows. 

I hear that.  I feel the same for the most part.  Some of those tosses fields had vs Clemson this year we’re dimes.  I think he’s be a nice fit in SF.  Shanahan will find a way to get the most out of either him or Lance.  I’m hearing the niners may like Jones, but I don’t see that happening.  I don’t think they’d have traded up to 3 and given up all those picks if Jones was their guy.  

• Like (+1) 1

@H2o should be fired for passing on Penei Sewell, until of course you remember he is playing the part of Mike Brown. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hear that.  I feel the same for the most part.  Some of those tosses fields had vs Clemson this year we’re dimes.  I think he’s be a nice fit in SF.  Shanahan will find a way to get the most out of either him or Lance.  I’m hearing the niners may like Jones, but I don’t see that happening.  I don’t think they’d have traded up to 3 and given up all those picks if Jones was their guy.  

I have long since felt Fields to a Shanahan offense just makes too much sense. His weakness is reading the field, go play in a scheme that requires you to do less of it. So many of the concepts Kyle Shanahan runs really do boil the read right down to one defender. I think I like Lance more than Fields to be honest, though each time I go back to either's tape I change my mind, but I think all 4 of the top QBs in this class are legit prospects for a team that doesn't have one. If I was a GM in the top 10 without a Quarterback I wouldn't be passing on this year's crop to wait for next year's put it that way. I've heard the 9ers really like Lance too so who knows who the pick is. If I was them for that scheme I'd pick Fields. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Spot on, the top tackle should be the pick.  Take a receiver at the top of round 2 or improve the D.

With the 9th pick in the TSW mock draft 1.0, the Denver Broncos select Micha Parsons, LB, Penn State.  

The Cowboys @GunnerBillare on the clock.

Carolina wins the draft as I made every phone call possible to jump to #4 through 7 for Lance.  Parsons is a beast though and Fangio is already salivating.  I'm going to laugh hysterically at him when he's part of the trade package for Watson next month.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

See, I think the OL class is deep. Deep enough that it can be addressed in Round 2. I see Chase as the best WR in the draft. I think the trio of Chase, Higgins, and Boyd can be a matchup problem week in and week out. I also like the fact that there won't be a learning curve between my QB and my #1 WR. Just my 2. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Cowboys (GunnerBill) are on the clock
16 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

With the 9th pick in the TSW mock draft 1.0, the Denver Broncos select Michae Parsons, LB, Penn State.  

The Cowboys @GunnerBillare on the clock.

Carolina wins the draft as I made every phone call possible to jump to #4 through 7 for Lance.  Parsons is a beast though and Fangio is already salivating.  I'm going to laugh hysterically at him when he's part of the trade package for Watson next month.

Great pick, he was one of the guys I really wanted.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 10th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, America's Team, the Dallas Cowboys, select:

Patrick Surtain, Cornerback, Alabama

@Draconator and the New York Football Giants are now on the clock.

- - - - - 

The Cowboys biggest need matching with the guy who I have as the #2 overall player in the class. Surtain is a high level cover corner, perfect for the system one presumes that new Cowboys Defensive Coordinator Dan Quinn will run and has one of the highest floors in the draft. Slam dunk for Dallas.

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Giants (Draconator) are on the clock
1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

With the 10th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, America's Team, the Dallas Cowboys, select:

Patrick Surtain, Cornerback, Alabama

@Draconator and the New York Football Giants are now on the clock.

- - - - - 

The Cowboys biggest need matching with the guy who I have as the #2 overall player in the class. Surtain is a high level cover corner, perfect for the system one presumes that new Cowboys Defensive Coordinator Dan Quinn will run and has one of the highest floors in the draft. Slam dunk for Dallas.

Interesting pick.  I’ve seen him this high to as low as 30 to the Bills 

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Interesting pick.  I’ve seen him this high to as low as 30 to the Bills 

If Patrick Surtain gets to the Bills at #30 I might actually cry. He won't. I think he could go as high as #4 to Atlanta if they keep that pick. If he gets past #15 (I don't think he will) the Bills should seriously consider going up for him.

• Agree 1