Eagles trade pick 6 to Dolphins

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

That was different.  It was an awful draft.  Hope you enjoyed your Dion Jordan experience..😀

True. I just don't think any team was getting a haul like the Colts did. It would've happened already.

The absolute worst experience! He had potential but they just couldn't figure out what to do with him.

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I find it so weird that NFL teams seem to place so little value on 1st round picks. Teams just giving them away like nothing. 

1st round picks on the whole are over rated. Look how many we've had that busted. The key to building is getting contributors in later rounds see Gabe Davis, Tyler Bass, Matt Milano etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Moving from12 to 6 seems like a QB move but that makes no sense because the had 3.  Unless they really like a QB and are REALLY confident he will last until 6, my guess is WR.  There are 3 really highly rated WRs right?

Jake Lock?  You’re confusing Drew Lock and Jay Clocker.

Maybe he meant Jake Locker of the Titans?

48 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

NO this statement has nothing to do with your originally that you would NEVER waste first round picks on TE.. Glad your not a gm

I don't like TE's in the first - you didn't really convince me.  Especially when Kittle, Waller, Gronk, Kelce, Ertz were not 1st round picks.  Neither were Geisicki, Goedert, Andrews, Jonnu smith, Henry, Hooper.  

Also - TE's rarely have an impact in their rookie year.  I'm sure there's examples but usually there's a bit of a development curve.  

Would I take pitts at 30?  Probably - but he won't be there anyway.  But 30 is barely a 1st round pick.  A TE at 4 or 5 would be like the highest drafted TE ever (I think davis and winslow were picked at 6).  

55 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

True. I just don't think any team was getting a haul like the Colts did. It would've happened already.

The absolute worst experience! He had potential but they just couldn't figure out what to do with him.

Had that Maybin syndrome - he didn't really seem to have a passion for football.

23 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

1st round picks on the whole are over rated. Look how many we've had that busted. The key to building is getting contributors in later rounds see Gabe Davis, Tyler Bass, Matt Milano etc. 

In the past i always preached higher ceiling BPA because the team lacked stars.  Now the team has several in Allen, Diggs, Tre.  Now a lower floor player who can contribute in 2021 is also in the cards.  I think a big nickel player is something to look at in rounds 2-3.  I'd think the same at CB opposite tre, or offensive line.  I'm not super sold on a running back in the first, but its one of those see how it falls situations.  If there isn't a player you love in the first, try and move back.  

2 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Miami is going after Pitts at TE.

No chance he’s there. 

id bet it’s Micah Parsons.....or whoever is left over from Davonta/waddle....if one is left over.  Slater/darrisaw possible 

Edited by NewEra

2 hours ago, mannc said:

I don't think that's very good value.  A first in 2023 is worth about a third round pick this April, and the Niners are likely to be picking late for the forseeable future.

The NFL is far too volatile to say any team is picking late 2 years from now.

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No chance he’s there. 

id bet it’s Micah Parsons.....or whoever is left over from Davonta/waddle....if one is left over.  Slater/darrisaw possible 

There is definitely a chance. In all likelihood, the QBs are going top 4. Then it comes down to Sewell, Pitts, and Chase at #5 and Cinci could go with any of those guys there.

7 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

There is definitely a chance. In all likelihood, the QBs are going top 4. Then it comes down to Sewell, Pitts, and Chase at #5 and Cinci could go with any of those guys there.

Ok, we’ll see

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No chance he’s there. 

First four picks have a good chance to be QBs.  Definitely the first 3.  That leaves two teams maximally to pick a non QB ahead of the Dolphins, so Pitts could fall to them.  If not, they'll have their choice of top receivers.  They could also go Edge.  If they are going all in on Tua this year, getting him the best offensive weapons would be a priority.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On paper Miami is positioned to add significant talent with their draft capital over the next few years. If Tua doesn’t play well this year, one would think they’ll be very aggressive to get a QB next year. Also, Jimmy G could very well move back the to Patriots which would be a big upgrade over Cam. Bottomline, I expect the AFC East to be much tougher going forward. Jets are still TBD until they get their QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

I hope this takes Miami out of the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes.  That new Miami pick at #6 isn't going to get the Texans one of the top QBs this year and I can't imagine the Texans would be excited to get Tua from the Phins as part of a trade.  

Overall take away.... Good news for us.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

I don't like TE's in the first - you didn't really convince me.  Especially when Kittle, Waller, Gronk, Kelce, Ertz were not 1st round picks.  Neither were Geisicki, Goedert, Andrews, Jonnu smith, Henry, Hooper.  

Also - TE's rarely have an impact in their rookie year.  I'm sure there's examples but usually there's a bit of a development curve.  

Would I take pitts at 30?  Probably - but he won't be there anyway.  But 30 is barely a 1st round pick.  A TE at 4 or 5 would be like the highest drafted TE ever (I think davis and winslow were picked at 6).  

this is so wrong it is not even funny.. How many other TE's were picked in same rounds...  Changing the names and going different directions from your original statement is not even funny. You said you would never pick a TE in the first period... but the 30th pick is barely a first?  Just stop.. Please... Your posts have changed so many directions.. I don't care IF i convince you... I was naming something factual at players net worth for the talent.

Shade

29 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

this is so wrong it is not even funny.. How many other TE's were picked in same rounds...  Changing the names and going different directions from your original statement is not even funny. You said you would never pick a TE in the first period... but the 30th pick is barely a first?  Just stop.. Please... Your posts have changed so many directions.. I don't care IF i convince you... I was naming something factual at players net worth for the talent.

Shade

What did I say that was wrong? That's a list of good tight ends, taken outside the first.  Maybe Hockenson will be the best tight end in the league, but through 2 years he did not boost their offense from the bottom 3rd in the league.  Same with fant, Ebron, Hurst etc. 

The 30th pick is the 3rd to last 1st round pick. It has a massively different value than pick 4 or 5. That is not arguable. 

Anyway, I'm ignoring you so don't bother responding.

• Vomit 1

8 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep 6. Perfect spot for their target Micah Parsons. 

Micah Parsons at 6. Just watch and see and finally get an NFL LBer they have been looking for, for almost a Decade. 

WR will maybe come with their 18th pick. 

Parsons make sense, as without Van Noy or Lawson could add some pass rush and put Ogbah at DE.

Edited by The Jokeman