Eagles trade pick 6 to Dolphins

Just now, Augie said:

First, mocks are just.....mocks.

Second, Cincinnati really needs OLine to keep the QB upright, so they could very well go that route. 

And third, Miami probably has TWO guys in mind and know they can get at least one of them at #6. 

I see Miami going EDGE or WR

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I've seen mocks with a Tackle going to Cinci.  I do think taking Pitts there would be the smart move for Cinci and I hope they nab him before the Dolphins.

I think this would be a good move for Cincinnati. There are a lot of good tackles in the draft but there is only one Pitts. 

14 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

That's possible.  WR has been forecasted for them in every mock thus far.  WR is deep in this draft, though.  Give then Pitts and Gesicki and they are pulling a NE move.

But neither Miami or NE has a QB on their roster right now that can throw a football more then 10 yards in the air.  And we have Josh Allen and a whole bunch of talent.  We will be ruling our division for years to come.  

Great day for Phins fans. Pick up an extra 1st and 3rd while still getting their guy; impressive stuff. Obviously have to hope Tua pans out still but it's way too early to give up on him after a solid rookie year, especially considering what he was returning from and how bad his supporting cast was.

Just now, Augie said:

I’m good with them sticking with Tua. (Famous last words, I know...)

A 2022 1st round pick feels rich for me to go from 12 to 6, but I’m sure it’s not. 

I hope Kyle Pitts isn’t the guy they are targeting. He’s a MONSTER! Could be there at #6 with a run on QB’s. 

They said that about Hockenson and Fant.  Engram... Howard... 

I'm not a big fan of TEs in the first.  I feel like they're rarely the impact players they're supposed to be, espeically on the rookie deal.  

Like who are the best TEs in the NFL - Kelce, Kittle, Waller, and probably Andrews.  None were acquired in the first.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

All the tight end fear is silly to me.

Last year, with both LBs battling injury all year, the Bills stunk at defending tight ends. This is true.

In 2019, however, the Bills defense allowed the third fewest yards to tight end of any team in the league. Defending TEs was a major STRENGTH.

So if the Phins take Kyle Pitts.....big deal! I hope they DO spend the 6th overall pick in a TE! 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

It's not going to be as easy next season......

I disagree. Josh Allen is a baller and I’m sure he’ll take another jump next year. We have a top 5 QB. The Phins, the Pats and the Jets do not. We got all our key players back, let’s see if we can rebuild this defense through the draft.

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I find it so weird that NFL teams seem to place so little value on 1st round picks. Teams just giving them away like nothing. 

Without a QB, it doesnt make much sense to have a bunch. Look at Cleveland when they kept trading back and trading back then rolled out Kizer at QB.

I agree with you, I like more shots in the lotto, but i get why teams without a QB trade them. With a good QB, SF is a SB contender 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Personally, I think it would absolutely idiotic to give up on TUa at this point unless you could get the massage guy.  

I just can't remember the last time a rookie QB showed zero potential to play at an elite level and ended up amounting to anything. I guess Drew Brees is a good example but that's about it. I compare it to when Arizona gave up on Rosen early because he showed nothing his rookie year.

Worst of all I feel like Tua actually got worse throughout the season so there's no development at this point. Go back and rewatch the last Bills game. Tua was TERRIBLE in that game. Inaccurate passes, poor pocket presence, missed reads. He missed a wide open TD in the red zone on the opposite side of the field that he threw the ball. We totally blew the coverage and he just missed it.

It would be one thing if he had shown any elite traits but IMO there's nothing there to develop. I think his ceiling is average QB that you can get by with.

• Agree 1

Yep 6. Perfect spot for their target Micah Parsons. 

7 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I see Miami going EDGE or WR

Micah Parsons at 6. Just watch and see and finally get an NFL LBer they have been looking for, for almost a Decade. 

WR will maybe come with their 18th pick. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m good with them sticking with Tua. (Famous last words, I know...)

A 2022 1st round pick feels rich for me to go from 12 to 6, but I’m sure it’s not. 

I hope Kyle Pitts isn’t the guy they are targeting. He’s a MONSTER! Could be there at #6 with a run on QB’s. 

It was a 3 way trade.  The fish in essence by trading 3 for 6 knowing 3 is a QB.

So they took a chance of 2 players going before they pick for a 2023 1st round and a 3rd rounder this year.

If they would be satisfied with 1 of 3 players it's a great move.

Atlanta is most likely NOT going with a WR.

Miami has so many picks this year they still can do almost anything.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

All the tight end fear is silly to me.

Last year, with both LBs battling injury all year, the Bills stunk at defending tight ends. This is true.

In 2019, however, the Bills defense allowed the third fewest yards to tight end of any team in the league. Defending TEs was a major STRENGTH.

So if the Phins take Kyle Pitts.....big deal! I hope they DO spend the 6th overall pick in a TE! 

Agreed.  Their defense is not the juggernaut that people believe it is.  If they leave it as is it could bite them a bit.  

Buffalo put up almost 1000 yards and 87 points in 2 games.  They dominated the jets twice, the 49ers with a mid-game QB switch, non-burrow bengals, and jags.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dneveu said:

They said that about Hockenson and Fant.  Engram... Howard... 

I'm not a big fan of TEs in the first.  I feel like they're rarely the impact players they're supposed to be, espeically on the rookie deal.  

Like who are the best TEs in the NFL - Kelce, Kittle, Waller, and probably Andrews.  None were acquired in the first.  

I felt the same way......until I watched Pitts play. 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It was a 3 way trade.  The fish in essence by trading 3 for 6 knowing 3 is a QB.

So they took a chance of 2 players going before they pick for a 2023 1st round and a 3rd rounder this year.

If they would be satisfied with 1 of 3 players it's a great move.

Atlanta is most likely NOT going with a WR.

Miami has so many picks this year they still can do almost anything.

Miami is doing a very good job of rebuilding, but if they're wrong about Tua, it could all be for naught.  Thank God they weren't smart enough to draft Herbert last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

There’s a good chance Penei Sewell is there at six.

No way they could pass up on drafting him to give them bookend tackles (with Austin Jackson) for Tua.

If Sewell is there because all the QB’s go early, they played it very well. 

• Like (+1) 1