Eagles trade pick 6 to Dolphins

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

And the Jets still suck 

Ha..  and don’t get me wrong.. I don’t expect to get torched by TE’s two years in a row, but if they were to take Pitts, that’s some wild TE firepower in our division.  

2 minutes ago, 947 said:

It's crazy that they made the trade this early. Other teams have a month to trade up ahead of Miami if they're after the same guy. Why not wait until draft day?

I mean any team trying to get into the top 5 is probably taking a QB and the Dolphins clearly aren't with these moves.

• Agree 1

Just now, jkeerie said:

That's possible.  WR has been forecasted for them in every mock thus far.  WR is deep in this draft, though.  Give then Pitts and Gesicki and they are pulling a NE move.

That would be nasty. They just need an outside threat. Parker has had one good year and the rest of the group is garbage. Pitts “seems” to be one of the safest picks in the draft though. that TE group would be an impossible matchup. 

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t think it’s that hard to replace a qb anymore.

Tell that to all the teams still looking for a QB. Pitts or Chase or Smith or Waddle will make their offense better. But until they have a QB capable of playing at a top 5 level it doesn't matter.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, 947 said:

It's crazy that they made the trade this early. Other teams have a month to trade up ahead of Miami if they're after the same guy. Why not wait until draft day?

With QBs almost guaranteed to go 1-4,  2 or more of Pitts/Smith/Chase will be there. I'm sure they'd be happy with any of them. 

They got good value from SF, gave up too much to Philly, but at the end of the day 6 is the perfect spot for them and they got some future ammunition.

Edited by Process
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

In total they got a 1st and 3rd for moving down 3 spots... That is a pretty damn good move by them

2 firsts and a 3rd to move down 9 spots looked a lot better! IMHO 😁 I guess when we see who they take at 6 we can judge better, I really hope it’s for Pitts! 

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Okay so really it was a 3-team trade all along. This is a better deal for Miami now. They can still get one of the best WRs in the draft (or Pitts). But I'm guessing they'll still stick with Tua and they'll be stuck with him until at least 2023.

I’m good with them sticking with Tua. (Famous last words, I know...)

A 2022 1st round pick feels rich for me to go from 12 to 6, but I’m sure it’s not. 

I hope Kyle Pitts isn’t the guy they are targeting. He’s a MONSTER! Could be there at #6 with a run on QB’s. 

Edited by Augie

Just now, HappyDays said:

Tell that to all the teams still looking for a QB. Pitts or Chase or Smith or Waddle will make their offense better. But until they have a QB capable of playing at a top 5 level it doesn't matter.

Personally, I think it would absolutely idiotic to give up on TUa at this point unless you could get the massage guy.  

but there’s a reason so many guys can step in right away in the nfl. It’s never been “easier” to play qb in the nfl. The hard thing to see is if the guy is a true difference maker. I give Tua a pass for last year because he shouldn’t have played. But they had a bottom 5 receiving group. It will be interesting to see him with some real talent. 

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

NO... Every Mock has Pitts Gone by 5. Cinci wants Pitts

I've seen mocks with a Tackle going to Cinci.  I do think taking Pitts there would be the smart move for Cinci and I hope they nab him before the Dolphins.

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

NO... Every Mock has Pitts Gone by 5. Cinci wants Pitts

First, mocks are just.....mocks.

Second, Cincinnati really needs OLine to keep the QB upright, so they could very well go that route. 

And third, Miami probably has TWO guys in mind and know they can get at least one of them at #6. 

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

I've seen mocks with a Tackle going to Cinci.  I do think taking Pitts there would be the smart move for Cinci and I hope they nab him before the Dolphins.

As in Mock Sims? yea.. cause they called Sims. Miami needs to get better at WR and EDGE

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I hope not.   

Bills glaring weakness in 2020 was defending Tight Ends.  

Miami adds Pitts to Gesicki.  

NE adds Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry.   

cool. cool. 

They were the best in 2019 though, with same guys. 

Edmunds/Milano being banged up made a big difference there