Dolphins trade 3rd pick to the 49ers for 12th pick, 3rd round pick, two future 1sts (per Schefter)

Logic

7 hours ago, Motor26 said:

If the Dolphins stick with Tua, Pats with Cam and the Jets stick with Darnold I am confident the Bills will win the division for the foreseeable future. Tua looked like straight garbage last year. I mean this is the guy who kept getting benched for Fitz. As much as I loved Fitz in his Bills days, he’s not going to get it done. Hell, Tua got blown out by the Bills backups while fighting for a playoff spot.

Allen didn't look much better as a rookie. Tua never impressed me that much either but it is far too soon to right him off.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, The Governor said:

I don’t see any evidence of that yet.

Evidence of what? That the Jets have their sights set on Wilson or that he looks like a player?

Their GM, HC and OC were keen observers at his pro day today. Rumor has it he is their guy. 

As far as him looking like a player, just watch his stuff. Kid has a legit arm, makes great throws and is athletic. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Governor said:

I don’t see any evidence of that yet.

Chris Simms, who is a pretty good Qb evaluator, and a pretty good NFL insider /trend and talent evaluator with stated aspirations to become a GM, believes Wilson is the most talented QB this year ( superstar talent) and feels like the Jets will “ run to the podium picking Wilson” if the Jags stick with Trevor.  That makes sense, and I can’t think of another strong reason to stay at 2 unless it is to be certain they get the QB they want as they are starting a new Era with a new coaching staff who has zero ties to Darnold.  Btw, who knows what Darnold is after three years as he has more turnovers than tds.  It’s also being reported that SF didnt even try talking to the Jets as apparently it’s well known their intentions are to draft a QB. The Jets are sticking for the one position, QB, that changes a franchises future and the one position you most likely need to be in the top 5 ( we got very lucky at 7 as Allen was under valued and subsequently has over achieved) to land that type of talent in today’s draft.

If the Jets are looking for a different position, like tackle etc, yet turned down multiple future first round picks to just drop to 12, where they coukd still get an extremely good line prospect, it would be pretty surprising. Only the QB positional talent changes, or drops off so quickly to warrant a team sticking or not moving a few spots despite being getting fairly compensated to move.   Time will tell, but the Jets sticking at 2 really seems like strong circumstantial evidence they are going QB  with their pick and Wilson seems like the obvious choice. 

Edited by DrPJax

3 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

49ers traded up to take a WR. Their Franchise QB is already on the team ... he just needs a chance. He is incredibly pro-ready and has tremendous accuracy and decision making ability. They are not going to draft a QB to compete with Joshua Lippincott Rosen .. that would be insanity :).

you don't give up that much to take a WR. It would be a big surprise if they don't take a QB. Garoppolo is not close to a franchise QB. 

9 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

49ers traded up to take a WR. Their Franchise QB is already on the team ... he just needs a chance. He is incredibly pro-ready and has tremendous accuracy and decision making ability. They are not going to draft a QB to compete with Joshua Lippincott Rosen .. that would be insanity :).

Is that really his middle name 😭

9 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Allen didn't look much better as a rookie.

Yes he did. In between his struggles he showed elite potential and he showed clear improvement throughout the season. Tua showed nothing last year and IMO he was worse by the end of the season. And as mediocre as his supporting cast was last year, it isn't anywhere near what Allen had to deal with. Gesicki is a legit top 10 TE. Who was the best skill player on our team in 2018? I guess Robert Foster?

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Chris Simms, who is a pretty good Qb evaluator, and a pretty good NFL insider /trend and talent evaluator with stated aspirations to become a GM, believes Wilson is the most talented QB this year ( superstar talent) and feels like the Jets will “ run to the podium picking Wilson” if the Jags stick with Trevor.  That makes sense, and I can’t think of another strong reason to stay at 2 unless it is to be certain they get the QB they want as they are starting a new Era with a new coaching staff who has zero ties to Darnold.  Btw, who knows what Darnold is after three years as he has more turnovers than tds.  It’s also being reported that SF didnt even try talking to the Jets as apparently it’s well known their intentions are to draft a QB. The Jets are sticking for the one position, QB, that changes a franchises future and the one position you most likely need to be in the top 5 ( we got very lucky at 7 as Allen was under valued and subsequently has over achieved) to land that type of talent in today’s draft.

If the Jets are looking for a different position, like tackle etc, yet turned down multiple future first round picks to just drop to 12, where they coukd still get an extremely good line prospect, it would be pretty surprising. Only the QB positional talent changes, or drops off so quickly to warrant a team sticking or not moving a few spots despite being getting fairly compensated to move.   Time will tell, but the Jets sticking at 2 really seems like strong circumstantial evidence they are going QB  with their pick and Wilson seems like the obvious choice. 

I don’t see any reports of the Jets turning anything down. It said that SF didn’t speak to the Jets. There could be many reasons for that. The Jets could already have a deal in place with another team that’s waiting on the Jags to announce who they’re taking. We really don’t know yet. There’s a lot of “reaching” with this rumors.

Edited by The Governor

22 minutes ago, The Governor said:

I don’t see any reports of the Jets turning anything down. It said that SF didn’t speak to the Jets. There could be many reasons for that. The Jets could already have a deal in place with another team that’s waiting on the Jags to announce who they’re taking. We really don’t know yet. There’s a lot of “reaching” with this rumors.

It's inconceivable that the Jets aren't taking a QB at 2, assuming they don't trade out, and if they were going to trade out, we would probably know about it already; I'm sure the Niners inquired, and probably others.  I just cannot believe their new regime is going to roll out in 2021 with Darnold. It's gotta be a QB and, IMO, it's gotta be Wilson. 

12 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

You had me in the first half, I’m not gonna lie. 

Well done 

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, The Governor said:

The Jets are taking Wilson at 2. There’s no reports of the Jets turning anything just like there aren’t reports of the Jaguars turning anything down. The first two picks are basically set in stone. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Allen didn't look much better as a rookie. Tua never impressed me that much either but it is far too soon to right him off.

Allen as a rookie showed a hell of a lot more promise than Tua. Tua lacks arm strength and he’s not that accurate as many claim that he is

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Allen as a rookie showed a hell of a lot more promise than Tua. Tua lacks arm strength and he’s not that accurate as many claim that he is

I agree, they both had struggles but they were different. The media pre-draft love for Tua played into why he was drafted so high. He was placed on a draft pedestal as a freshman. There is serious doubt as to whether or not he's the answer at QB for Miami because he does not push the ball down the field at an NFL level and his own head coach doesn’t  believe in him in crunch time.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/27/2021 at 1:40 AM, Ethan in Portland said:

Allen had so many traits though, and even though he struggled in his rookie year, you can just see the potential.

Do you see any traits in Tua yourself? 

I don’t see many personally , but just curious to see if you have a different perspective on him than I do.

Edited by BillsFan130

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Allen had so many traits though, and even though he struggled in his rookie year, you can just see the potential.

I don’t see many personally , but just curious to see if you have a different perspective on him than I do.

The difference between Allen's rookie season, and Tua's is pretty interesting. They both had crappy O-lines, and lousy protection. But Tua, the pandemic notwithstanding, was in a pretty good position with Fitz as his mentor, and some decent receivers. Allen had... Peterman, and the worst receiver group in the league.

But, in my opinion, the biggest difference between the two is mental. To me, this last season, it often looked like Tua was playing scared. In Allen's rookie season, even though he struggled, and was in a terrible position, he never looked rattled, always fought, and never seemed to lose his confidence. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

To be fair to Tua...

He had no real offseason due to COVID , AND he was coming off hip surgery.

I’ve been as hard on Tua as anyone, but to step in as a rookie in those conditions had to be pretty tough.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

To be fair to Tua...

He had no real offseason due to COVID , AND he was coming off hip surgery.

I’ve been as hard on Tua as anyone, but to step in as a rookie in those conditions had to be pretty tough.

For sure and I agree.

In terms of the no offseason though, Herbert and burrow played well, especially Herbert. (2 other rookie QBs)

With the hip injury, it’s definitely possible to your point that he wasn’t full recovered and needed some more time to heal.

On 3/26/2021 at 1:31 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Point is that Fields is no more raw than Allen coming out. If Fields (or whoever the pick is) turned out to be the Allen in his 3rd year, does anyone care what it cost to get him?

I hate the nepotism in the NFL but Shanahan has shown to be one of the best offensive coaches in the league. You put the right physical talent in his system and it could be a  problem. 

Fields is also a disciple of Shanahan via the QB Collective Camps

Ryan Day was also the Qb coach in SF under chip Kelly before going to Ohio state though I don’t know if anyone is still in the building from the former regime 

Edited by YoloinOhio