Dolphins trade 3rd pick to the 49ers for 12th pick, 3rd round pick, two future 1sts (per Schefter)

Logic

If the Dolphins stick with Tua, Pats with Cam and the Jets stick with Darnold I am confident the Bills will win the division for the foreseeable future. Tua looked like straight garbage last year. I mean this is the guy who kept getting benched for Fitz. As much as I loved Fitz in his Bills days, he’s not going to get it done. Hell, Tua got blown out by the Bills backups while fighting for a playoff spot.

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You dont think he is aquiring draft capital for Watson?

War,

He is aquiring draft picks

Trade for Watson won’t happen until after the draft if it happens because his “situation” won’t be resolved in a month. Miami only has 1 2022 1st  now (SF’s) so that won’t cut it. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

If the Dolphins stick with Tua, Pats with Cam and the Jets stick with Darnold I am confident the Bills will win the division for the foreseeable future. Tua looked like straight garbage last year. I mean this is the guy who kept getting benched for Fitz. As much as I loved Fitz in his Bills days, he’s not going to get it done. Hell, Tua got blown out by the Bills backups while fighting for a playoff spot.

We already know the Jets aren’t sticking with Darnold long term. They seem to have their sights set on Zach Wilson who looks like a player.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I certainly hope that is the case and not Miami buying Watson while his stock is at its lowest

I would rather Miami just take stabs at other positions with those picks....I am not wishing for Watson to be in the AFC East

At this point, I'd guess Watson will be taking some time away from football...No one is trading for him right now.  No one. 

• Like (+1) 2

I will say how I see these trades.

1.  Miami has 8 picks of which 5 are in the Top 81.  They don't need anymore draft capital this year.

2.  If their GM/HC has 3 non QBs players on their board that they want then the trade down doesn't matter.

3.  Next year they could trade that 1st and 3rd which will be worth a lot more than right now.

4.  If they save them for 2023 it's a 1st and a 3rd no matter what anyone says they are worth now.

If Tua fails they will want those future picks.

Seems to me they are planning long term and that doesn't make me happy.

I hope they pick a few busts!

19 minutes ago, Draconator said:

The Niners saying they want to start Jimmy this year means they want at least a first and another pick to move him. They know the Pats need him. They aren’t handing him over for a prayer. The Pats have no leverage and the Niners know they covet him. The Niners are in win now mode so they will play him if they don’t get the value they seek. I would ask 2 firsts just because it’s the Pats. 

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

For those of you who follow other teams more closely, how did their 2020 draft picks other than Tua performed last season?

I think Stefon Diggs is still flossing their 2nd rd corner Noah Igbonoghene out of his teeth 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Memo to Bills fans - It's AWESOME that the rest of the AFC East is scrambling to get better to knock us off our perch as Beasts of the East.  Quit worrying and just enjoy the ride.  We've waited long enough to get in the front seat.  Now check out the amazing view while riding shotgun.

49ers traded up to take a WR. Their Franchise QB is already on the team ... he just needs a chance. He is incredibly pro-ready and has tremendous accuracy and decision making ability. They are not going to draft a QB to compete with Joshua Lippincott Rosen .. that would be insanity :).

• Haha (+1) 2