Dolphins trade 3rd pick to the 49ers for 12th pick, 3rd round pick, two future 1sts (per Schefter)

Logic

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

I guess we'll see.

If no one makes a good offer, I absolutely believe they'll hang on to him for the season.

If someone comes knocking with a 3rd round draft pick, though?

The 49ers would be wise to start to recoup some of the draft capital they just gave up in this trade, and getting a decent pick back for a guy that's not in their long term plans is smart business. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

you can still get very good to great players from No.12 and lower. 

Yes, that is very true, but it's not as likely. Miami has to be right on Tua and hit on the extra picks they got for this to be good for them. I don't think they're gonna pull it off, which is why I like the trade, but I'll definitely admit that I could be wrong.

Lmao, ok then!

This trade doesn't seem great for then, gave up too much to move from 12 to 6. But at the end of the day, Miami is going to end up with the #1 WR taken in the draft, and gained a 1st and 3rd round pick in the process.

Edited by Process

2 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Im going against the grain here.

I hate the trade from a SF standpoint if they are planning on going QB.  Basically waiting to see what is leftover from the first 2 picks in no control....

However, I wonder if this is for Pitts, Sewell, or Chase (or even Surtain).  I could see the justification and huge upside for any one of those guys.  Pick #3 basically gives them a 1OA for all non-QB players.  By all accounts, Sewell and Pitts are 1x in a generation talents at their positions.  Kittle and Pitts could be a nightmare.

Unlikely it's for a receiver.  They already have Kittle, Samuel and Aiuk.  They're set there.  Gotta be for a QB and they must love Fields, Jones or Lance, because that's what's going to be available there. 

27 minutes ago, Logic said:

I guess they believe in Tua enough to give him a couple seasons to prove he's "the guy". If he's not, they have extra 1sts the next few drafts as well.

Honestly, I feel like the value isn’t there.  Top 3 vs top 12 is a big difference.  It all depends on how San Fran does and where those picks are the next two years.  I get how the charts work 

I would have wanted their 2nd this year.

I’m also not sure I’d give that up not knowing who will be there at 3.  Are all of these QB’s interchangeable?

Dolphins should get a solid receiver at 12 I guess  

Just now, mannc said:

Unlikely it's for a receiver.  They already have Kittle, Samuel and Aiuk.  They're set there.  Gotta be for a QB and they must love Fields, Jones or Lance, because that's what's going to be available there. 

And because it’s no secret they blame jimmy G for the SB loss and don’t see him as the answer. They want more upside. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And there were zero successful Texas tech, Wyoming, cal, Louisville, Oregon etc before mahomes, Allen, Rodgers, Lamar, Herbert etc. Scout the player, not the helmet. Colleges go through scheme and coaching changes and each player is different. Ohio state has never had a talent at QB like Fields before, nor a QB coach like Day at the helm for him. 

Fair point. But you have to admit that it is awfully weird that one very elite school has had so many NFL misses. It's not like these other schools recruit as well or have as highly touted and highly performing college QB's as Ohio State.  Haskens, Fields, Troy Smith, Cardale Jones, Pryor, Braxton Miller, even Kenny Guiton. These guys all kill it in college, and then many of them are rated as very good pro prospects, and none panned out.  It's very odd to me. 

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Honestly, I feel like the value isn’t there.  Top 3 vs top 12 is a big difference.  It all depends on how San Fran does and where those picks are the next two years.  I get how the charts work 

I would have wanted their 2nd this year.

I’m also not sure I’d give that up not knowing who will be there at 3.  Are all of these QB’s interchangeable?

Dolphins should get a solid receiver at 12 I guess  

they just moved up to 6