Dolphins trade 3rd pick to the 49ers for 12th pick, 3rd round pick, two future 1sts (per Schefter)

Logic

This is certainly looking WAAAAY too far out, but this should push Pitts down at least a little bit. Should mean Chase gets to Philly at 6 and they were really rumored to be the first team looking at Pitts. After them, really only Carolina feels like a natural/logical landing spot for him in that next handful of picks into the early/mid teens.

Cowboys are a possibility but they have a lot of holes to fill and a lot of pass catchers already on board, Giants need to figure out Rudolph's health issues, but usually those things have a way of working themselves out. Based on the $ they gave him, it's apparent that they wanted him pretty badly. After that (barring trades, of course) we're looking at the Chargers at 13 as the next logical spot for him (and then another grouping of teams that don't feel like a slam dunk). Chargers need OL help badly so that's no certainty either... 

I've said it a lot around here but I have to believe Beane is at least chumming the waters to move up and get him. Whether he lasts that long or not obviously remains to be seen, but its certainly not an impossibility at all now...

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

It's a huge haul but until they get someone that can compete with Allen they will always be 2nd fiddle in the AFCE to us cause Tua ain't it.

This underestimating of Tua is stupid.  Dude blew out his hip less than a year ago. Miami was stupid for playing him. I bet he looks much different this year. 

4 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

I'm the opposite. Miami is set up incredibly well for the future. This is a win-win situation all around for them.

For me I look at Chris Grier's track record in the first round for them and they're nearly as likely to bust on a pick as they are to hit on one so I like the fact that they're not picking a can't miss prospect at 3 and like our chances of them missing on at least half of their first rounders in the next couple of years. But if Tua works out for them then this trade is good for them pretty much no matter what.

Just now, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I am a huge Bama fan and I would never draft a QB from there. I dont think you get a fair evaluation on a QB when they play behind the best OL in CFB along with the best WR's and RB's  

Jones is so accurate though and in the right system he could be good despite not being mobile. The Pats system they used for Brady. However I think it’s unlikely he would be able to come in and execute the pre-snap reads right away that allowed Brady to excel without moving 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t know how people can make broad proclamations of qbs in the draft. Is Fields any rawer than Allen? Would we have paid that price for Allen now? Absolutely. And it may be Trey Lance for all we know. 

Huh? Your comparing allen now to a guy who hasn't played a down yet in the NFL? That makes zero sense. 

If the bills made a similar trade to take Josh Allen, every single one of us would have been furious at the time. 

The Bills just beat Miami 50 something to whatever the Fish scored....and the Bills did it by pulling starters early or not playong some players at all...all the while the Fish had everything to okay for.

Miami has a long ways to go before they worry me.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So now it’s time to root for San Fran to do really well

You don't make this trade unless you KNOW you're getting a franchise QB with pending sexual assault charges.  

They're getting Watson

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I wonder what we could get for the 2nd pick? Good trade for Miami.

I would imagine SF tried to get the second pick from the Jets, but the Jets weren't trading it or the price was too high.  I'm guessing they already have their hearts set on Wilson.

• Like (+1) 1

Im going against the grain here.

I hate the trade from a SF standpoint if they are planning on going QB.  Basically waiting to see what is leftover from the first 2 picks in no control....

However, I wonder if this is for Pitts, Sewell, or Chase (or even Surtain).  I could see the justification and huge upside for any one of those guys.  Pick #3 basically gives them a 1OA for all non-QB players.  By all accounts, Sewell and Pitts are 1x in a generation talents at their positions.  Kittle and Pitts could be a nightmare.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I will do a major mea culpa on Fields if he pans out-- but right now, there have been zero successful OSU QB's in the NFL. 

And there were zero successful Texas tech, Wyoming, cal, Louisville, Oregon etc before mahomes, Allen, Rodgers, Lamar, Herbert etc. Scout the player, not the helmet. Colleges go through scheme and coaching changes and each player is different. Ohio state has never had a talent at QB like Fields before, nor a QB coach like Day at the helm for him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

Huh? Your comparing allen now to a guy who hasn't played a down yet in the NFL? That makes zero sense. 

If the bills made a similar trade to take Josh Allen, every single one of us would have been furious at the time. 

Point is that Fields is no more raw than Allen coming out. If Fields (or whoever the pick is) turned out to be the Allen in his 3rd year, does anyone care what it cost to get him?

I hate the nepotism in the NFL but Shanahan has shown to be one of the best offensive coaches in the league. You put the right physical talent in his system and it could be a  problem. 

5 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

This is certainly looking WAAAAY too far out, but this should push Pitts down at least a little bit. Should mean Chase gets to Philly at 6 and they were really rumored to be the first team looking at Pitts. After them, really only Carolina feels like a natural/logical landing spot for him in that next handful of picks into the early/mid teens.

Cowboys are a possibility but they have a lot of holes to fill and a lot of pass catchers already on board, Giants need to figure out Rudolph's health issues, but usually those things have a way of working themselves out. Based on the $ they gave him, it's apparent that they wanted him pretty badly. After that (barring trades, of course) we're looking at the Chargers at 13 as the next logical spot for him (and then another grouping of teams that don't feel like a slam dunk). Chargers need OL help badly so that's no certainty either... 

I've said it a lot around here but I have to believe Beane is at least chumming the waters to move up and get him. Whether he lasts that long or not obviously remains to be seen, but its certainly not an impossibility at all now...

If Beane can jump up and get Pitts, he should.  If it takes our 1st, 3rd and next years 1st... do it.   Pitts is that good, and TE’s like him do not come around often.  

That being said, I would be absolutely shocked if we gave up what would be needed to get into the top 10.