Dolphins trade 3rd pick to the 49ers for 12th pick, 3rd round pick, two future 1sts (per Schefter)

Logic

Wow...Fins are making all the right moves in terms of building up and stockpiling draft capital for years to come...

They are going to be a problem once they get a QB...

49ers must be all in for a QB. No way you give that much up for any other position.

Just now, Brennan Huff said:

I won’t make a thread about it, but the AFC East isn’t going to be a walk in the park. Even the Jets should be at least competitive 

I thought the Saleh hire was fantastic for them. He’ll get the very most from his players every game. Definitely going to be a strong division for the foreseeable future 

3 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

I'm the opposite. Miami is set up incredibly well for the future. This is a win-win situation all around for them.

Depends if Tua can be any good.  

That timid guy we saw last year gives them no chance.. I don’t care how many 1sts they have. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, patzen said:

I actually like this for us. The move from 3 to 12 keeps a top 5 talent out of the division and the firsts should be later round because San Fran should bounce back nicely now that they're fully healthy.

you can still get very good to great players from No.12 and lower. 

6 minutes ago, Process said:

I know a lot of people here are going to be happy the Dolphins are sticking with Tua. But if I am a Dolphins fan, I love this, and if I'm a 49ers fan, I hate it. Dolphins are big winners here. 

That is a massive haul of picks. Justin Fields is not worth it. 

Dolphins now with multiple first round picks 4 years in a row. They can stick with Tua and give him another year. If he ends up being good they made out huge. And worst case if he's a bust, they have a ton of ammo to make a move in the next few years for a top prospect.

I don’t know how people can make broad proclamations of qbs in the draft. Is Fields any rawer than Allen? Would we have paid that price for Allen now? Absolutely. And it may be Trey Lance for all we know. 

7 minutes ago, Process said:

I know a lot of people here are going to be happy the Dolphins are sticking with Tua. But if I am a Dolphins fan, I love this, and if I'm a 49ers fan, I hate it. Dolphins are big winners here. 

That is a massive haul of picks. Justin Fields is not worth it. 

Dolphins now with multiple first round picks 4 years in a row. They can stick with Tua and give him another year. If he ends up being good they made out huge. And worst case if he's a bust, they have a ton of ammo to make a move in the next few years for a top prospect.

It's a huge haul but until they get someone that can compete with Allen they will always be 2nd fiddle in the AFCE to us cause Tua ain't it.

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I will do a major mea culpa on Fields if he pans out-- but right now, there have been zero successful OSU QB's in the NFL. 

That is true, and I am not arguing Fields is a potential elite generational player. But I do like him as a scheme fit in that offense. It accentuates what he does well and hides a lot of what he struggles with. His biggest issue IMO is processing speed and reading the full field. Well Shanahan really doesn't ask his Quarterbacks to do a lot of that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Depends if Tua can be any good.  

That timid guy we saw last year gives them no chance.. I don’t care how many 1sts they have. 

I am a huge Bama fan and I would never draft a QB from there. I dont think you get a fair evaluation on a QB when they play behind the best OL in CFB along with the best WR's and RB's  

• Agree 2

AFC East possible 2021 starting QBs:

Bills: Josh Allen
Pats: Jimmy Garoppolo (I still think they acquire him from SF)/Cam Newton
Jets: Zach Wilson
Dolphins: Tua Tagovailoa

In any case....

Does anyone of the link to where I can buy 2021 AFC East Champions gear?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I thought the Saleh hire was fantastic for them. He’ll get the very most from his players every game. Definitely going to be a strong division for the foreseeable future 

Basically all of the head coaches are the same exact guy just in a different ethnicity. And then you have the slob in NE. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1