Dolphins trade 3rd pick to the 49ers for 12th pick, 3rd round pick, two future 1sts (per Schefter)

Logic

I know a lot of people here are going to be happy the Dolphins are sticking with Tua. But if I am a Dolphins fan, I love this, and if I'm a 49ers fan, I hate it. Dolphins are big winners here. 

That is a massive haul of picks. Justin Fields is not worth it. 

Dolphins now with multiple first round picks 4 years in a row. They can stick with Tua and give him another year. If he ends up being good they made out huge. And worst case if he's a bust, they have a ton of ammo to make a move in the next few years for a top prospect.

1 minute ago, Process said:

I know a lot of people here are going to be happy the Dolphins are sticking with Tua. But if I am a Dolphins fan, I love this, and if I'm a 49ers fan, I hate it. Dolphins are big winners here. 

That is a massive haul of picks. Justin Fields is not worth it. 

Dolphins now with multiple first round picks 4 years in a row. They can stick with Tua and give him another year. If he ends up being good they made out huge. And worst case if he's a bust, they have a ton of ammo to make a move in the next few years for a top prospect.

100 percent agreed. My good friend is a dolphin fan and sees it the exact same way.

I think this is a huge win for Miami

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, patzen said:

I actually like this for us. The move from 3 to 12 keeps a top 5 talent out of the division and the firsts should be later round because San Fran should bounce back nicely now that they're fully healthy.

I'm the opposite. Miami is set up incredibly well for the future. This is a win-win situation all around for them.

I have to think that the 49ers are going to draft a QB and are likely looking at recouping some draft capital by trading Jimmy G. I have to think that they have a trade to get back at least one first rounder for Jimmy G. But then again teams are throwing around first round picks like candy.

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m not as excited as some of you. That’s a helluva trade package for Miami. They have serious ammo. 

I won’t make a thread about it, but the AFC East isn’t going to be a walk in the park. Even the Jets should be at least competitive 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, junior12thman92 said:

I'm the opposite. Miami is set up incredibly well for the future. This is a win-win situation all around for them.

They have to land a QB. As good as it is to have all these picks it still won’t matter unless they hit on a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Great deal for Miami. They provide Tua some confidence knowing he’s the man but if he sucks they have a ton of draft capital to get a replacement. 

They essentially traded Tunsil for 4 1st round picks..

I gave you the puke emoji not cause I disagree but that last part really does make me sick to my stomach. Bill O’Brien keeps on giving even after being fired 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

WOW!

I have been saying for months they are moving off Jimmy G. 

This is for Fields, I am pretty sure and I think he IS a fit in that Shanny scheme.

I will do a major mea culpa on Fields if he pans out-- but right now, there have been zero successful OSU QB's in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

All in on Tua lol!!!!! This is good folks.....

It’s weird how every here loves to trash Tua. I think Miami was dumb to play him over Fitz. But his numbers were better all across the board than Allen’s rookie year and look how Allen turned out. He also was coming off a major injury and Miami has a lot of junk offensive skill players. 

don’t sure if he will be great but it wild how people love dumping on other teams young qbs when we have first hand knowledge of much a qb can improve if they are developed right. 

and Mike Grier’s brother has done an amazing job in Miami. They are absolutely loaded going forward. 

• Like (+1) 1