Bills keen on Alabama RB Najee Harris, per NBC Sports and Tony Pauline

Logic

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Let me get this straight: you want to use a first-round pick on a GOAL LINE BACK?

1. Please read the whole post, particularly this part: "Harris isn't my top choice at 30, but I'm certainly warming up to the idea"

2. If that's your evaluation of Harris, objectively the best back in this class, maybe this isn't the right topic for you?

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/2/2021 at 10:38 AM, Rochesterfan said:

A guy like CEH to me is a JAG and if that is what we get out of Harris - he is definitely not worth the pick in round 1.

Didn’t that JAG run for close to 2 hundy in Buffalo?

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Let me get this straight: you want to use a first-round pick on a GOAL LINE BACK?

My friend, Harris is more than a goal line back. He can do everything, bit of Derrick Henry with a splash of LeVeon Bell in his prime.

4 hours ago, glazeduck said:

1. Please read the whole post, particularly this part: "Harris isn't my top choice at 30, but I'm certainly warming up to the idea"

2. If that's your evaluation of Harris, objectively the best back in this class, maybe this isn't the right topic for you?

Same.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Didn’t that JAG run for close to 2 hundy in Buffalo?

Yeah and barely over 600 for the rest of the season at an average equivalent to both of our 3rd round picks.

He was also outplayed by his back-up   - so yes just a JAG.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That’s not saying much.  What did he do after that game?  Pedestrian 

1,100 yards of offense in 12 games as a rookie.  Was pacing for around 1,000 rushing and 500 receiving before the injury.  Beane should have been so lucky as to hit on a JAG in the past 2 seasons.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billl said:

1,100 yards of offense in 12 games as a rookie.  Was pacing for around 1,000 rushing and 500 receiving before the injury.  Beane should have been so lucky as to hit on a JAG in the past 2 seasons.

Look at his games after the Bills games.  Just look.  Pedestrian.  You can paint it however you’d like to make it look, but I have eyes and I can see....he was a pedestrian after the first Bills game.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Look at his games after the Bills games.  Just look.  Pedestrian.  You can paint it however you’d like to make it look, but I have eyes and I can see....he was a pedestrian after the first Bills game.

This may have said more about the Bills than CEH. We had issues at times, and we all recognize that. The game plan was to make them beat us with the run, and they did.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

This may have said more about the Bills than CEH. We had issues at times, and we all recognize that. The game plan was to make them beat us with the run, and they did.

I was a huge Clyde fan coming out. He was my #1 RB, Akers #2.  I felt Clyde had the highest floor of the backs and that he played to that floor last season.  I expected more from him and I still do.  But he wasn’t worth a 1st rd pick last season based on what he brought to the team imo.  I’d expect Harris or etienne to have a greater impact on our offense than Clyde did

7 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

Once again:

Najee Harris is the worst pick for the Bills in Round 1.

Najee Harris is a traditional between-the-tackles grinder who would slow down the Bills high-powered passing attack, waste time on the clock, and prevent the Bills from scoring more points. 

This prospect does not help the Bills become more explosive on offense; he actually does the opposite.

The goal for the Bills is to be more explosive both passing and running.

I really would like to know how good Harris is receiving is Adding an extra weapon is never a bad thing being able to get first downs and short yardage situations and not having to pass the ball every down is not a bad thing

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I was a huge Clyde fan coming out. He was my #1 RB, Akers #2.  I felt Clyde had the highest floor of the backs and that he played to that floor last season.  I expected more from him and I still do.  But he wasn’t worth a 1st rd pick last season based on what he brought to the team imo.  I’d expect Harris or etienne to have a greater impact on our offense than Clyde did

Something to think about there’s been a lot of talk on the board about how we get better against the Chiefs maybe the bills think that the way to get better against the Chiefs is to do things that the Chiefs do the Chiefs had a ton of receiving weapons and they still went with a running back with a Top pic then they turned around and brought in another high profile running back to pair with him while we sit here and we slam on taking a running back in round one we are slamming what the Chiefs did with their offense just something to think about

• Like (+1) 2

Harris didnt play in an I formation offense at Alabama.  I think there offense is as close to ours as you could find in college.  Its an interesting idea but idk. Runningback is not a priority imo.    Edge rusher, Cb, or pass catcher imo are more premium positions.  I dont see the organization putting that much into rb.  

2 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

ETN is much better than CEH.

Nah.

Also Etienne had a massive drop in production last year from 7.8 ypr down to 5.4 last season.

Dude has a TON of mileage and has taken a beating at Clemson.

The much maligned Devin Singletary has a 4.8 ypr on over 300 NFL carries...........which is actually tremendous.........the odds of either Etienne or Harris doing that on their first 300 totes are not good at all..........so if they draft one of those dudes be prepared to be underwhelmed.