Bills keen on Alabama RB Najee Harris, per NBC Sports and Tony Pauline

Logic

An RB in Round 1 is possible.

Najee Harris, in Round 1, is nearly impossible.

He's a very similar player to the two guys we just drafted in the third round.

He doesn't stretch the field sideline to sideline (which is what we need).

He wouldn't have a big enough added impact to justify a 1st round pick.

People who don't really understand what our offense needs or just think "NAJEE IS GUD, HE FROM BAMA AND BIG LIKE HENRY" will disagree, but it's a fact.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

People who don't really understand what our offense needs or just think "NAJEE IS GUD, HE FROM BAMA AND BIG LIKE HENRY" will disagree, but it's a fact.

So why don’t you say that Travis Etienne in round one is possible?  You say running back but you are basically discrediting Harris. Well I hate to tell you...I think Harris is very much in play. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know I *should* want etienne. But I just really like Najee. 

Etienne is fast but just so lacking in other areas. Not a good pass protector, not a great receiver, butterfingers. Najee doesn’t have crazy speed but he is above average at so many things.

They just signed Breida. I think they’re set on running back by committee this year. Their offensive line isn’t even good at run blocking, seems like a waste of a pick. They have bigger holes on the dline as well as #2 CB and would like to see them pick up a mauling IOL. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know I *should* want etienne. But I just really like Najee. 

I like them both... people sleeping on the talent of Harris 

calling him a waste of a pick or equal value to moss and motor... obviously clueless to how talented this kid is 

8 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

They just signed Breida. I think they’re set on running back by committee this year. Their offensive line isn’t even good at run blocking, seems like a waste of a pick. They have bigger holes on the dline as well as #2 CB and would like to see them pick up a mauling IOL. 

The chances of finding a helpful pass rusher at 30 is slim... you get that right 

they are in super bowl mode now, Harris will be more impactful than the DE’s at the 30 range... guaranteed 

55 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

I like them both... people sleeping on the talent of Harris 

calling him a waste of a pick or equal value to moss and motor... obviously clueless to how talented this kid is 

The chances of finding a helpful pass rusher at 30 is slim... you get that right 

they are in super bowl mode now, Harris will be more impactful than the DE’s at the 30 range... guaranteed 

I said Dline. They aren’t set there at tackle either. And there will be some interesting CB options as well. They could also select an IOL Morse replacement who could push Ford or Mongo to a backup spot until Morse is gone. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LEBills said:

Etienne is fast but just so lacking in other areas. Not a good pass protector, not a great receiver, butterfingers. Najee doesn’t have crazy speed but he is above average at so many things.

That’s kinda how I feel about him too. He seems like a one-trick pony similar to Spiller and speed doesn’t always translate well. Give me the big guy. We definitely need more than a “water bug” or whatever Chan called it.

Edited by The Governor

On 3/26/2021 at 1:45 PM, Big Blitz said:

So we want Etienne..got it.  

It seems like half of the smoke screens fail for this reason.  When teams try to mislead others by leaking false information every other teams learns who they don't actually want.  Maybe the Bills really want Harris, so they leak that they want him so other teams think that they don't really want him.  

It seems like half of the smoke screens fail for this reason.  When teams try to mislead others by leaking false information every other teams learns who they don't actually want.  Maybe the Bills really want Harris, so they leak that they want him so other teams think that they don't really want him.  

11 hours ago, LEBills said:

He can flat out play football better than most and I like those guys. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Imagine you are every other afc team on draft night and goodell annnounces “With the 30th overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select Najee Harris, Running Back, University of Alabama.”

I see a lot of DCs swearing, breaking things, and lighting that “blueprint” they’ve been working on all offseason to stop the Bills offense on fire. 

• Like (+1) 2

Najee is still my #1 RB and its not even close. 

I'm totally good with him being the choice. Teams have had a year to study Josh and Daboll and what we do on O to gamelan for it. 

We saw teams catch up with McVay and the Rams once they were figured out. 

Najee helps us stay a step ahead. 

Edited by DJB

You know it’s odd but reading through all of posts about who to take in Round One it seems more and more like the Bills should trade down. I haven’t seen a single guy listed that I’d say is THE player this team needs. Like so many others have posted, I’d love an upgrade at RB but the biggest need this upcoming season has to be pass rush. 

5 minutes ago, DJB said:

Najee is still my #1 RB and its not even close. 

I'm totally good with him being the choice. Teams have had a year to study Josh and Daboll and what we do on O to gamelan for it. 

We saw teams catch up with McVay and the Rams once they were figured out. 

Najee helps us stay a step ahead. 

You realize we had the 2nd best offense last year even with a below average running game? I understand wanting to fix it but we also have to get better on defense. 

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

You realize we had the 2nd best offense last year even with a below average running game? I understand wanting to fix it but we also have to get better on defense. 

I absolutely agree that we need to be much better on D. However our biggest need of a DE isn't going to be available at 30. We need a corner as well as a big nickle and perhaps one of those players are available. 

I just hope we draft the best value player on the board and not reach for a need. Najee could very well be the BPA at 30. 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Rigotz said:

A lot of smart people would say Najee makes the most sense for our offense of any of the RBs in this class (not to say those that prefer Etienne are not smart, just saying a lot of people think Najee is precisely the type of RB we need).

Having said that, I remain vehemently against taking a RB in Round 1. I'm not going to lose my mind if that's the direction they ultimately go, but it would be very disappointing.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

So it’s a 4D smokescreen?

9 hours ago, The Governor said:

That’s kinda how I feel about him too. He seems like a one-trick pony similar to Spiller and speed doesn’t always translate well. Give me the big guy. We definitely need more than a “water bug” or whatever Chan called it.

Why the comparison to spiller, who was 20 lb lighter and not built like a lead back. You don’t see a lot of 215 lb “water bugs” ... never seen etienne in this category, ever.

They are both explosive backs but contact balance, decision making, body composition all different 

Edited by YoloinOhio