Bills keen on Alabama RB Najee Harris, per NBC Sports and Tony Pauline

Logic

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Najee Harris looks to be there at 30 in most mock drafts.  Etienne is gone before then in most.  

Id absolutely be in favor of this.  Najee Harris not only gives us a stud RB, but he’s a beast in the passing game. 

Have to imagine Singletary would be getting moved if we draft a RB early.  

I hope to God they draft an RB. Imagine how much better this team would be with a running game. I think Singletary is a good rotational back and above average pass blocker. I don't feel there's a reason to get rid of him? 

2 hours ago, Logic said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/college-football/cfb/player-news/headlines/10038711?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline hears that the Pittsburgh Steelers, Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills are all high on Alabama RB Najee Harris.

Pauline initially forwarded the Steelers and Dolphins as players for Harris back during the Senior Bowl. And that, the analyst writes in this week's mailbag, has not changed in the interim. He is now hearing that the Bills could be in on the 6-foot-2, 230-pound Alabama standout, too. The Steelers and Bills (pick Nos. 24 and 30, respectively) are right in range for Harris near the end of the first round. Miami's spot is slightly trickier for a running back -- they hold two Day 1 picks, No. 3 and No. 18 -- simply because they're picking higher. A trade down by the Dolphins from that No. 18 selection, if Harris is their target come the draft, would make sense.

Harris or ETN puts this offense over the top. I'm not sure why people are against drafting a RB w the freakin 30th pick. It's really the perfect place to draft a high level RB. Now if it was w a top 10 selection I can see why, but this just makes perfect sense.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

There arent many "Elite" RB's right now

CMC

Kamara 

Henry

Argument can be made for Cook and Chubb but aside from those 5, I dont know if I would call any others elite

There's not many elite QBs either, it still doesn't make it less of a priority.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Najee Harris looks to be there at 30 in most mock drafts.  Etienne is gone before then in most.  

Id absolutely be in favor of this.  Najee Harris not only gives us a stud RB, but he’s a beast in the passing game. 

Have to imagine Singletary would be getting moved if we draft a RB early.  

Hearing a lot of CB at 30th chatter now with the Breida pick-up, and historically the 30th pick is an absolute wasteland of CB misses. The last three drafts have had corners taken at 30th, and look at this bunch - Noah Igbonegene, DeAndre Baker, Mike Hughes. I wouldn't want any of them.

Guess we'll see how this draft shakes out but it feels like the type of spot where you're only getting the 5th or 6th best at the CB position by that point, so why not just go BPA. If that's Harris I'm all for it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mannc said:

I'd be OK with Harris or Etienne at 30.  I would NOT be ok with a trade up for them.

Agree.  With the exception of Allen, Beane's record doesn't justify trading up.  I also want an infusion of rookies to make the team because Allen's next contract will require us to have contributions from as many (or more?) affordable players as we have now.  Bills are positioned well to not chase players or positions.

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Unless they trade Singletary I can’t see this at all. 

Not sure you could get a stale bag of chips for him.  He’s a cut candidate if they draft a guy.  Either way he’s playing for his roster spot come TC, as is everyone on the RB list currently.

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

CMC

Kamara 

Henry

Argument can be made for Cook and Chubb but aside from those 5, I dont know if I would call any others elite

I thought taylor looked really solid against buffalo.  But honestly, so does Hines.  I don't know that i need some specific player to take all the touches.  Fresh legs seem to be as important as anything else.

well, the fastest impacting/easiest to transition to the nfl positions are

RB

CB

MLB

you can get day one starters at those positions all over the draft, w CB being the most valuable position, and thus often the higher pick.

im quite sure we won't take an MLB early, so to get a day one starter, we need CB, RB, with a small shot at DL or OG, but i suspect the DL and OG left at 30 will be a cut below the top RB, and possibly below the CB they want (i just assume our FO can spot a DB from a mile away, and if a guy they think is a day one starter is there, i suspect they grab him, maybe even trade up).

the above aside, that kinda leaves RB.  if we get harris at 30 and he is what he looks like, athletic w good vision and a bruiser, that's a huge huge addition to our O.  him on a screen or running against a light box will make it really hard to play d vs the bills.  if our blocking soldifies (and it should, given we are bringing everyone back and cody should be healthy and ready) and we get like even average TE production, i think kiper is right that we might be one impact RB from a chip.

ill trust the process on this, but i expect to get a starter at RB or TE, and (by the end of the year) CB in the draft.  if we get DL (and i think we have to draft a big guy for the middle, but perhaps not first pick) it will just be a rotational guy (as all of ours are) and LB will be a backup anyhow.

• Like (+1) 1

I still feel like if the bills are going RB at 30 it's Etienne. He's everything the bills want speed and pass catching. Just my 2 cents is if the CB or edge they want isn't there at 30 then they look at Etienne cuz he instantly makes the offense better. If the CB or edge is there they take it in a heart beat then maybe take a speedy pass catching back later rounds or just rotate breida. Either way I think Breida is the insurance if they don't get the back they want.

I dont see it

The signing of Brieda convinced me that we want to get faster at the RB position......we already have our hammer in Moss who will be the main back.

The only thing that would leave me to believe RB at 30 is if Devin S. gets traded now....I think that pick 30 is totally going to be a defensive player

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

I just don’t get the love for this kid.  He doesn’t have NFL speed to me.  

Have to admit, I'm kind of hung up on this myself. 

54 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont see it

The signing of Brieda convinced me that we want to get faster at the RB position......we already have our hammer in Moss who will be the main back.

The only thing that would leave me to believe RB at 30 is if Devin S. gets traded now....I think that pick 30 is totally going to be a defensive player

I'm good with D being the first selection as long as we don't force the issue. I suspect Beane won't.

52 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Gimme Javonte in the second🤞 

I'm listening. 

What do you do at 30?

2 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

CMC

Kamara 

Henry

I’d say Cook has earned it the past two seasons. He’ll have the injury question mark above him for a while, but he’s on the right track.  

I think Chubb will be on that list after next season.  Even splitting time, he’s solid 

5 hours ago, Logic said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/college-football/cfb/player-news/headlines/10038711?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline hears that the Pittsburgh Steelers, Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills are all high on Alabama RB Najee Harris.

Pauline initially forwarded the Steelers and Dolphins as players for Harris back during the Senior Bowl. And that, the analyst writes in this week's mailbag, has not changed in the interim. He is now hearing that the Bills could be in on the 6-foot-2, 230-pound Alabama standout, too. The Steelers and Bills (pick Nos. 24 and 30, respectively) are right in range for Harris near the end of the first round. Miami's spot is slightly trickier for a running back -- they hold two Day 1 picks, No. 3 and No. 18 -- simply because they're picking higher. A trade down by the Dolphins from that No. 18 selection, if Harris is their target come the draft, would make sense.

Thank you captain obvious Tony Pauline

• Haha (+1) 1