Bills keen on Alabama RB Najee Harris, per NBC Sports and Tony Pauline

Logic

1 hour ago, Logic said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/college-football/cfb/player-news/headlines/10038711?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline hears that the Pittsburgh Steelers, Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills are all high on Alabama RB Najee Harris.

Pauline initially forwarded the Steelers and Dolphins as players for Harris back during the Senior Bowl. And that, the analyst writes in this week's mailbag, has not changed in the interim. He is now hearing that the Bills could be in on the 6-foot-2, 230-pound Alabama standout, too. The Steelers and Bills (pick Nos. 24 and 30, respectively) are right in range for Harris near the end of the first round. Miami's spot is slightly trickier for a running back -- they hold two Day 1 picks, No. 3 and No. 18 -- simply because they're picking higher. A trade down by the Dolphins from that No. 18 selection, if Harris is their target come the draft, would make sense.

I'd be OK with Harris or Etienne at 30.  I would NOT be ok with a trade up for them.

54 minutes ago, Logic said:

In before 43 more people say "it's a smokescreen". I'm not saying it's NOT a smokescreen, by the way.

For what it's worth, Benjamin Albright, who is right about the Bills more often than he's wrong about them come draft time, has also heard that the Bills are looking running back at 30. 

Don't shoot the messenger. I don't have a horse in this race either way.

Not saying this is wrong just dont see the Bills getting him at 30.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

In before 43 more people say "it's a smokescreen". I'm not saying it's NOT a smokescreen, by the way.

For what it's worth, Benjamin Albright, who is right about the Bills more often than he's wrong about them come draft time, has also heard that the Bills are looking running back at 30. 

Don't shoot the messenger. I don't have a horse in this race either way.

Mel Kiper seems to think we are a RB from being in the Super Bowl it isn’t exactly a hidden secret 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

I'd be OK with Harris or Etienne at 30.  I would NOT be ok with a trade up for them.

Of the playmakers available at 30, id be happy with Harris, Etienne or Toney. 

Harris and Etienne obviously give us the RB threat, and both are elite out of the backfield in the passing game.  

Toney helps us in the way Sanders over Brown helps us.. against a team like KC that wants to play clutch grab sticky coverage.   That, and hopefully being healthy next go around. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Harris definitely seems like a "process" type guy. Isn't he the player who drove across the country when his flight was cancelled  just to support his teammates on their pro day?

I agree, Harris is a process kind of guy.

1 hour ago, 17islongenough said:

Everytime the Bills are interested or keen on a player it never seems to happen.  Take it with a grain of salt. 

Josh Allen and Ed Oliver we were both heavily rumored to be interested in so not sure what you mean by this.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Mel Kiper seems to think we are a RB from being the Super Bowl it isn’t exactly a hidden secret 

Just seems like a crowded RB room. I like Singletary quite a bit, but the board may tar and feather me for saying so. Moss is OK, Breida is OK. Don’t think our RBs are as bad as people think. I blame the personnel packages we’re using and our run schemes the most. Think we would be fine if Daboll improved in this area and I very much think that Daboll is an excellent OC, but he could benefit from adding some different run packages next year. I think that difference alone can turn us into a championship team.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Josh Allen and Ed Oliver we were both heavily rumored to be interested in so not sure what you mean by this.

I'd say there was heavy "speculation" but I don't recall any reporter claiming to know what the Bills were going to do.  If I remember correctly, few fans and media had Josh Allen as the Bills prime target, and Ed Oliver was more logic than inside knowledge. 

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Maybe... I think it's a smoke screen. I think they are looking to go big nickel or corner. 

Perhaps the smoke screen ( or not ) is meant to pull would be buyers out of the woodwork and to tip their hand.

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I just don’t get the love for this kid.  He doesn’t have NFL speed to me.  

I think Harris makes up for it with power which also translates to good blocking/ pass protection IMO.

Najee Harris also has good hands.

Edited by Figster