NE Patriot player is honored for stopping assault in park

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Nah, just in his highly filtered and selective view

He's also conflating attention with discussion.   The controversy quotient matters to discussion levels, and it's just not here.   I mean, what's controversial about two guys stopping the sexual assault of a 71 year old former teacher in an open meadow of a public park in broad daylight?  Everyone is glad he did it, even if he is a Patriot*** football player.  Everyone is shocked that the assault was so brazen - you can suggest that perhaps an elderly person should not be perambulating a public park at 4 am or 11 pm, but 11 am on a sunny day is unexceptionable.

The story has all the feels and non of the controversy, so aside from a few jokes about Bill cutting an honest and courageous man, what's to discuss?

It is true b.c I wouldn't have heard about it if not for this site. On the other hand I know how many girls it's up to in the Watson fiasco.

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

It is true b.c I wouldn't have heard about it if not for this site. On the other hand I know how many girls it's up to in the Watson fiasco.

Fair

OTOH I wouldn't have heard about Watson if not for this site.  The intervention was reported on a bunch of major networks (ESPN, CBS, USAToday, Yahoo, iheart, CNN, as well as local Boston and Arizona affiliates).  Didn't see national FOX, could be there and I just didn't see it.

On 3/26/2021 at 11:42 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31129410/new-england-patriots-justin-herron-hailed-hero-police-helping-stop-sexual-assault

In this specific instance, I have no trouble saying something good about a NE Patriot player: "Well done, Justin Herron!"

Then there's this:

11 am on a sunny day in an open field?   Yikes.

That's a comp pick in each round of the draft for the next 5 years... Belicheat planted this said "rapist"