Marshon Lattimore arrested - suspicion of receiving stolen property

24 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Do you think whoever killed Sean Taylor is involved in this?  Some sort of serial DB culprit?

I’m boning up on my investigative skills.  Haven’t come across any DB cases on “First 48”. Entirely possible because there’s a Cleveland police episode on right now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I actually have been a (certain type) of investigator, though mostly overseas stuff.

So, everything I say MUST be true. /s

I'll bottom line it: everyone in this country (should) damn well know you don't "receive" a firearm--gift, purchase, whatever--from some dude without paperwork.

Neighbor, friend, uncle, third cousin, joey bag o' donuts... doesn't matter.

Form 4473 via an FFL my friends. Yes, there are complicated exceptions by state, but this is the basic standard.

I ain't saying he's "guilty" but let's just make a fair assumption that it's not a good (legal) look.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

I accept your nomination and will carry out my duties with the utmost patience and snark (especially if @ExiledInIllinois tries to sidetrack this thread with Suez Canal data)

Exactamundo!!

The boat is still stuck!

Check it out:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:32.579/centery:30.013/zoom:14

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

I actually have been a (certain type) of investigator, though mostly overseas stuff.

So, everything I say MUST be true. /s

I'll bottom line it: everyone in this country (should) damn well know you don't "receive" a firearm--gift, purchase, whatever--from some dude without paperwork.

Neighbor, friend, uncle, third cousin, joey bag o' donuts... doesn't matter.

Form 4473 via an FFL my friends. Yes, there are complicated exceptions by state, but this is the basic standard.

I ain't saying he's "guilty" but let's just make a fair assumption that it's not a good (legal) look.

I’m calling BS.  I’ve been in A LOT of Fantasy Football Leagues and NOT ONE of them had a form 4473.  Some of them get pretty complicated bidding on free agents and stuff but there were never any government forms.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Very simple in Kentucky. Do you know they are a felon? No? Then no paperwork transfer is legal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Coastie said:

Very simple in Kentucky. Do you know they are a felon? No? Then no paperwork transfer is legal.

Fair point, and I realize KY is a "free state", as I lived there for a few years.

And, this is precisely why I didn't get into all the state exceptions, but named a basic standard.

But, further still, you have to understand how LE investigates this. They will bust you if they want, even in KY.

Yes, "known or suspected felon" for buyer is the standard for private sale, but the obverse is also true. They (esp under fed investigation) will nail you if you have reasonable belief the seller is "known or suspected"...on the basis of criminal conspiracy.

Plus, there are specific laws re car transport, which I will not get into.

Don't get me wrong: I own an armory for a reinforced platoon, but I've obtained everything with extra legal caution.

And, besides, I don't think we're talking about KY wrt to Mr. Lattimore.

Anyway, I'll stop here, as this is not the place to deep dive into gun law or LE.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Exactamundo!!

Am I the only one that read this and immediately thought Lattimore was being declared "Excommunicado"?

tenor.gif

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

honestly, for all involved, I think the bigger question is who he was associated with for a gang task force to nab him. 

making a shady purchase is one thing, but being in a gang related crowd when back home in the offseason could be a solid red flag 

Happens a lot more than people realize.  A lot of these players are from rough areas and those guys are "their boys" who they hang out with in the offseason.  

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

According to Lattimore's attorney, it's a misunderstanding, nothing to see here:

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/26/saints-marshon-lattimore-arrest-attorney-statement/

Mr. Lattimore, a proud Cleveland native with no prior criminal record or history, is fully cooperating with law enforcement’s investigation of this matter. He was a passenger in a vehicle that was stopped by police and was arrested without incident and was not formally charged. We believe that this was a misunderstanding, and that this will become even clearer as new information becomes available and is shared with the authorities.

Ohio law requires that citizens carrying concealed firearms during a traffic stop must inform police of it, which is what Lattimore is accused of not doing, and which is a first-degree misdemeanor. Conditions for possessing stolen property are a little more murky, but if the value of stolen goods exceeds $1,000, it would change from a misdemeanor to a felony.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

This is gonna be a great thread. 

Calling all TBD sleuths!! We need fingerprint experts, forensic analysis, preferably some with Miranda warning experience. Did he do it? Was he framed? Honest mistake? I’m saying this reaches 34 pages and surpasses “Ed Oliver DWI” and “Antonio Brown is BatChit Crazy” expert discussions.  

At your service my dear fellow, I have come to the conclusion that Lattimore is innocent and will have charges dropped.

5 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

“Fencing” implies he knew the merchandise was stolen. Try again. 

It was sarcasm Ferg... 

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’m calling BS.  I’ve been in A LOT of Fantasy Football Leagues and NOT ONE of them had a form 4473.  Some of them get pretty complicated bidding on free agents and stuff but there were never any government forms.

Is that like a TPS form? Asking for a friend...

• 2 weeks later...