What should define a "rookie" or "veteran" on TBD?

I apologize if this is not the correct spot to post this however I am curious what TBD participants think. 

First off, I am huge fan of TBD and especially the Stadium Wall.   After years of visiting the site and reviewing commentary though, I am still at "rookie" status.  I know how it works and obviously I don't comment all that much unless I feel I really have something that truly adds to the conversation.   I guess I am a dinosaur in that respect and in the Twitter era.  While I don't comment that much, I was contacted by the Buffalo News to help them prepare for an interview with coach McD from one of my posts which I think is a feather in the cap of TBD and shows the reach of our forum discussions.      

My point is, should total comments really be the bar for what your status is on TBD?  Doesn't member longevity, visits or anything like that mean anything?   After all we are Bills fans which is about loyalty.  If it were about how much we spout off wouldn't we be Pats fans? 😁    

It is not that big a deal, just something that crossed my mind reading all the free agent takes from you guys.   Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

FWIW I typically just look at the actual posts and don’t pay much attention to the name of the poster, much less their status on the board.  There are a few exceptions, but those posters have earned that notice due to the quality of their content.  And, no, I’m not naming names as some of them don’t need the attention. 

• Agree 4

Since it's based on the number of posts (similar to number of games played) instead of number of years, maybe they should change "Rookie" to "Practice squad eligible."

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Scott may answer but I believe there is an algorithm in the software that assigns status based on post count.  I do not believe there is any factoring for longevity.

What he said is also my understanding.   Last year when he was doing a bunch of upgrades IIRC Scott solicited a bunch of feedback on the cutoff levels.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If it means I can hang around for a couple of years getting paid without ever having to do much that suits me.....

You can get paid double my salary.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

You’re still considered a rookie until you’ve started 16 threads.

Including one or two with love poetry and scientific reasoning like how the earths gravitational pull can effect the football. 

Express your inner self in a way that tells other posters that you love them.

I'm just saying...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, albanyfan said:

I’ve been on probation since 2004. With zero warnings, so that’s a happy thing.

I've been on double secret probation for quite awhile so I have to be doubly careful.

I'm blaming that for my low post count.  It's the only explanation.

1 hour ago, buffalostu2 said:

After all we are Bills fans which is about loyalty.  If it were about how much we spout off wouldn't we be Pats fans? 😁    

Not that we don't have our share, but I thumbed your post just for this.  Beating the pats twice is maybe the most satisfying thing that happened last year (to be clear, by far the most important thing from last year is that we found out we have a franchise QB).

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, buffalostu2 said:

I apologize if this is not the correct spot to post this however I am curious what TBD participants think. 

First off, I am huge fan of TBD and especially the Stadium Wall.   After years of visiting the site and reviewing commentary though, I am still at "rookie" status.  I know how it works and obviously I don't comment all that much unless I feel I really have something that truly adds to the conversation.   I guess I am a dinosaur in that respect and in the Twitter era.  While I don't comment that much, I was contacted by the Buffalo News to help them prepare for an interview with coach McD from one of my posts which I think is a feather in the cap of TBD and shows the reach of our forum discussions.      

My point is, should total comments really be the bar for what your status is on TBD?  Doesn't member longevity, visits or anything like that mean anything?   After all we are Bills fans which is about loyalty.  If it were about how much we spout off wouldn't we be Pats fans? 😁    

It is not that big a deal, just something that crossed my mind reading all the free agent takes from you guys.   Go Bills!

One post more than you = veteran.