3rd easiest schedule next year according to Mike Clay

55 minutes ago, fallen627 said:

With you on everything except for Saints. Interested to see how their QB situation develops. 

road game, fast turf, no wind or wet weather issues, crowd noise, clear home field advantage and Leslie Frazier has at least one embarassing game plan per season, this is it

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Am I reading this correctly if I see 5 of the top 6 easiest schedules are the AFC East teams and Tampa Bay?

Its mandatory that the league allows Brady to have a top 5 easy schedule each year. 

Believe it was part of the last CBA. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Am I reading this correctly if I see 5 of the top 6 easiest schedules are the AFC East teams and Tampa Bay?

Actually 4 out of 6.  Would be hard for it to be 5 since only 4 teams in AFC East!!  LOL

Not all that shocked to see all the AFC teams at the top as we all are playing pretty much the same schedule.  NFC South, No without Brees shouldn't be that hard along with Atlanta and Carolina, only tough one is Tampa.  Similar with AFC South, Houston and Jax are a mess, Tenn and Indy both looking good, though Indy a big question mark with Wentz.  Kind of lucked out too in playing Pitt who won AFC north as feel both Cleveland and Baltimore are the better teams.

SOS does always make me chuckle some as teams with good records are always going to be near the top and those with bad records near the bottom.  For that reason does surprise me some to see Atlanta near the top, but see NFC South does get to play NFC East plus our division, plus two 4th place finishers.

Look, we all are still on cloud 9 over last year, but let’s be real here.  The Pats re-loaded and are building a team that is our worst matchup, run heavy, TE passing game and a lot of pressure on the QB.  They are going to win at least one against us this year.

The Phins have done a nice job surrounding Brissett with weapons and I think they are a 10ish win team.

Jets are a joke, but you never know with a new staff, MAYBE the QB comes to life, there is a good amount of talent there. 

KC is the best in the AFC

N.O. Was carried by their D, no easy win.

I just don’t buy that this is an “easy schedule”

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

no way...Cam Newton may not be all that but NE is going to be better..it took hisfumble while they were deep in our territory to beat them at home last season... and no matter how bad the Jets are or who plays qb they always play us tough...I look for 6 tough AFC East games  and Miami likely the next best team.

Away games against some really good teams:  New Orleans Saints · Tampa Bay Buccaneers · Tennessee Titans · Kansas City

Look at the playoff win versus the Colts...they missed a TD catch by inches and missed 2 very makeable FGs which could have won the game for them.   Saints, Titans will be tough games

The Saints will be the Aints again next year.

4 hours ago, cd1 said:

So, last years SB champs get the easiest schedule?   😅😂😆

Only in TB12 world.

For the love of GOD when will they let that ship sail?

They didn't get that schedule.  That schedule was predetermined a long time ago. Whomever finished in 2nd place in the NFL South got that schedule which just happened to be Tampa.  Having an 11-5 record makes it easier for their SOS to be at the top as most teams they are playing have a worse record.  Even the division winner Saints only had one more win than they did. And they get to play the NFC East which also helps and by finishing in 2nd avoid playing Green Bay.  Instead they get to play the Bears who had one of the worse 2nd place records in all the divisions, only one worse was Giants who BTW they also get to play.

Easy, as in if your team plays to there potential they could win a lot of games,  there are no gimmies in the NFL...

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I have an easy way of ranking schedule strength. 

I just look at the QB's we face. I think this is a pretty easy schedule based on the QB's we face. 

Yep that is how I look at schedules as well.